Recommend me some fantasy VNs

garejei

As the title says, I'm curious if there are any good fantasy VNs out there. And by fantasy I mean swords, castles, magic, elves (optional), all that stuff. Well, it can be purely medieval as well, but you get the idea. It can be dark or more light-hearted, I'm not too picky. I'm interested in both JP-only and translated titles.

I did some quick research and apparently Ikusa Megami Zero and Aiyoku no Eustia are supposed to be good ones. Any other ones I should be aware of?

Ikusa Megami Zero is the best one hahaha ! Rpg/Dark fantasy ! Aiyoku no Eustia is good too. But these two are not light-hearted. There is another one which I recommend : Tokeijikake no Ley Line : http://vndb.org/v10016 . It's a high school setting with magic stuff. A lot of weird thing happen in the school... It's a mystery genre with action and fantasy. (This one is more an urban fantasy like harry potter but the story is epic !) All of them are only in Japanese !

Well, too bad, if it was fantasy like in a sense you can fantasize about the girls before going to sleep, I would know some xD I think about my Mare every day.

But fantasy themed, I didn't actually play any xD

But if you in the end decide that you actually want some moe VN, get something like Hoshizora no Memoria :) Everybody loves Mare.

Tokeijikake no Ley Line.

The first one was okay, the second was very good and the ending was epic. Can't waint for the final game.

I recommend: Eustia (my fav VN ever), Corona, Soukoku and Shikigami if you don't mind gameplay, Soranica if you're okay with heroine-oriented game instead of strong plot, and Primary if you're okay with the art and tons of moe.

Edit: almost forgot about Drapeko – haven't finished this yet (2 chapters left), but it's probably the closest thing to what you're looking for.

Aiyoku no Eustia is definitely worth a try. It is the best August game out there.

Recommendations huh? *Fanboy mode* Try Supreme Candy. This is by far my favorite eroge. Half light half dark atmosphere, witches, magicians, hidden main heroine, epic final scenario, pumpkins and candies - just everything you need! Plus, the protagonist is a damn bad-ass!

The main plot is not as mentally deep as Eustia, but is much more complicated and stunning. It's a surprise how they can mix lighthearted comedy and romance with brain-melting main plot. And I LOVE EM ALL!!!

I can rant 2 pages of essay right now, but you get the idea. :P Now go and pick up the eroge!

Nanapri is a straight up fantasy title, if you can stand the time looping and lame protagonist... Good soundtrack at least though.

Eien no Aselia and Narukana are also pretty good if you can withstand the dozens of hours of gameplay.

I recently also started to play the Amairo Islenauts trial. It's a sort of school romance/comedy with many elements of fantasy like elves & magic (from what I can tell so far). It's very lighthearted, but it's quite nice.

Dies Irae, Kajiri Kamui, Vermillion - bind of blood, Zero- Devil of Maxwell, Jingai Makyou, Devils Devel Concept, Comyu, Yurikago yori Tenshi Made, Ayakashibito, Bullet Butlers, Evolimit, Tokyo Babel, Shinigami no Testament, Ikusa Megami Zero and Verita...

Also, if you don't like G-Senjou no Maou's story structure, don't play Eustia. Good high fantasy series (the elves and all that) are rare. Most of that type are plain moege with no decent fighting, are lame, or are nukige/rapegames...