Japanese Grammar + Untranslated VN`s

SabiHakuhei

Japanese Grammar related:

Hi, I'm currently learning a little bit of Japanese on Memrise (SGJL Course) and finished the first 4 courses in the series (hiragana, katakana, 550+ kanji, basic grammar).

Learning Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji is pretty straight forward but I didn't understand everything grammar related. Do you know any good sites and or methods to learn

grammar, I need some practice before I move on and learn vocabulary. 

I found this site http://genki.japantimes.co.jp/self/verbadjective-conjugation-practice to practice adjective and verb conjugation but I still need something for particles for example.

Untranslated VN related:

My plan is/was to go through the SGJL course up to SGJL 8 and afterward try some beginner friendly VN.

Is this enough or should I learn more?

Is chitrans the best tool for untranslated VN`s?

@Huang Ling Yin chitrans = nope === don't use a tool at all? || or there are better alternatives?

i don't want to use the machine translation, i want to use chitrans for the color coding, dictionary, and furigana.

@ヤミハナ: ty, eroge are perfectly fine. i will work on my grammar a little bit more and try some of the shorter ones (bookmarked).

Edited by SabiHakuhei

3 hours ago, SabiHakuhei said:

Japanese Grammar related:

Hi, I'm currently learning a little bit of Japanese on Memrise (SGJL Course) and finished the first 4 courses in the series (hiragana, katakana, 550+ kanji, basic grammar).

Learning Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji is pretty straight forward but I didn't understand everything grammar related. Do you know any good sites and or methods to learn

grammar, I need some practice before I move on and learn vocabulary. 

I found this site http://genki.japantimes.co.jp/self/verbadjective-conjugation-practice to practice adjective and verb conjugation but I still need something for particles for example.

Untranslated VN related:

My plan is/was to go through the SGJL course up to SGJL 8 and afterward try some beginner friendly VN.

Is this enough or should I learn more?

Is chitrans the best tool for untranslated VN`s?

TBH if your native language is good you should just read english translated VNs and anime first and find the patterns. Find links with how they use words and in what context. Once you have a medium understanding of the structure should you then go into these formal things like verbs nouns ect. 

I personally like chiitrans the most. Some people prefer other programs. It's just preference, really.

If you want a Japanese grammar guide, go with Tae Kim's. It is the most complete grammar guide out there, and it's free.

If you already know that much, getting into some easy VNs with text hookers should be a walk in the park tbh. Just find a few you think look nice and give them a try. Reading natively written Japanese text is one of the best ways to improve, so I highly recommend getting into it.

Best of luck.

7 hours ago, Dergonu said:

If you want a Japanese grammar guide, go with Tae Kim's. It is the most complete grammar guide out there, and it's free.

Imabi is quite a lot more complete, but it's not exactly a very good choice for anyone but the most hardcore linguistics geeks or those learning really advanced grammar. Tae Kim's guide is much more accessible.

Edited by Funnerific

@Funnerific & @Dergonu: thy, the basic grammar course SGJL4 from memrise was based on Tae Kims´s guide. i think all grammar sections in this course are from him.

what im actually looking for are some sites to a) practice everything from Tae Kim`s basic grammar section (conjugation, particles etc.).  b) learn a little bit more about sentence structure and stuff like that.

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM, SabiHakuhei said:

@Funnerific & @Dergonu: thy, the basic grammar course SGJL4 from memrise was based on Tae Kims´s guide. i think all grammar sections in this course are from him.

what im actually looking for are some sites to a) practice everything from Tae Kim`s basic grammar section (conjugation, particles etc.).  b) learn a little bit more about sentence structure and stuff like that.

In terms of practice, the Amaterasu JP Guide contains a practice section in which each line from segments of a few manga is translated (both into a "literal" and "adapted" translation) and dissected into each of its components, piecing together the particles and such. The links to Love-Hina and Houkago Wedding appear to be broken. Here's a not-broken link to Love-Hina; I can't find one for Houkago Wedding. The website referenced appears to be legal, incidentally.