Fruitbat Factory announces translation of doujin title SeaBed

Zenophilious

You guys really enjoyed Serial Experimnents Laine?
I watched half of it, was boring and nonsensical for me, so I dropped it. Maybe I'm too dumb, but Evangelion is one of the best things ever (if you exclude the last two episodes and shitty 'in theeatre' scenes from finishing movie). :P 

1 minute ago, Vorathiel said:

You guys really enjoyed Serial Experimnents Laine?
I watched half of it, was boring and nonsensical for me, so I dropped it. 

Yep. It was pretty absorbing stuff in the late 90s, because it dealt with the virtual world, identity, consequences, and the social impact. Those themes seem pretty common these days, but it was introducing those concepts at a time when the internet was just taking off. Lain was forward looking, and remains incredibly relevant today. Evangelion descended into somebody's depression fueled ramblings wrapped up in a neat mecha show.

1 hour ago, Darklord Rooke said:

Yep. It was pretty absorbing stuff in the late 90s, because it dealt with the virtual world, identity, consequences, and the social impact. Those themes seem pretty common these days, but it was introducing those concepts at a time when the internet was just taking off. Lain was forward looking, and remains incredibly relevant today. Evangelion descended into somebody's depression fueled ramblings wrapped up in a neat mecha show.

Lain was way ahead of it's time, when it was released. It's still incredible to this day and aged preety well, mostly because it incorporated it's own imagery and concepts regarding "internet" as a global network at it's most intimate state. It's also something I tend to call nowadays "true cyberpunk", compared to later stories that often dwelled more into the physical side of transhumanism. That, or angsty hacker kids in t-shirts and oversized trenchcoats.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Means "God game". Basically, if you call a game a kamige, you are either sarcastic, or you think it is among the best games ever. 

It's mostly sarcastic nowadays :makina:

Edited by Narcosis

@Vorathiel Although Moogy may only praise the prose, at least his opinion should be enough promotion for Seabed there, considering that he was quite (in)famous in VN circle (He warned us that Seabed may not for everyone though). Neverthless, I'm interested with Seabed and for more opinion here I think the graphic were quite good.

By the way, if some of you wonder of how good this VN is, you could read these two review there, although one of them was had minor spoiler though.