What is ebihime?

voidpointer

41 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

I came here to get answers to my question...but this thread is not about it.
So I will attach myself here:

How good is Ebi-Hime? Somebody read his/theirs work and ca nwrite something about them?

They're mostly introverted or quirky and maudlin works, though there's quite of range, but if that's your cup of tea and you don't mind the art she's pretty decent. Definitely much better than your average OELVN writer.

Edited by Chronopolis

8 minutes ago, voidpointer said:

What are EVNs?

English Visual Novels.  It refers to ones written in English as opposed to just translated, though I sometimes see ones translated from other western languages included as well.  It's basically anything not originally Japanese.

5 hours ago, Okarin said:

This seems a case of a clichéd OELVN. A catgirl appears for some random reason, she romances you, etc...

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the etc. includes her trying to kill you.

Edited by finiteHP

1 hour ago, finiteHP said:

English Visual Novels.  It refers to ones written in English as opposed to just translated, though I sometimes see ones translated from other western languages included as well.  It's basically anything not originally Japanese.

Seems to me the community's already settled on OELVN.  Can we please not have more than one acronym for this?  It will be a lot less confusing this way.

14 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

Seems to me the community's already settled on OELVN.  Can we please not have more than one acronym for this?  It will be a lot less confusing this way.

It probably seems to you that way because you're not in the communities where the creators of non-Japanese origin visual novels are. It's pretty easy to learn both, honestly. After that it's all a matter of adapting your writing to your audience, and what group memberships you want to signal.

With that said, I am quite good at remembering random acronyms, as well as figuring out approximate meanings for them. I suppose this is a bias.

2 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

It probably seems to you that way because you're not in the communities where the creators of non-Japanese origin visual novels are. It's pretty easy to learn both, honestly.

I don't suppose I can argue with that.  Hadn't really realized the original English creator community had gotten big enough to have its own slang.  At least I haven't started demanding that people get off my lawn (damn whupper-snappers) yet.

4 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

I don't suppose I can argue with that.  Hadn't really realized the original English creator community had gotten big enough to have its own slang.  At least I haven't started demanding that people get off my lawn (damn whupper-snappers) yet.

I used EVNs for my reviews because its two letters shorter than OELVN and to me, effort and motivation is everything. 

14 hours ago, Okarin said:

This seems a case of a clichéd OELVN. A catgirl appears for some random reason, she romances you, etc...

...I read that this is a 'twist' on this cliche. Like showing the dark side of Nekopara-world, if you really started to think about rules of it.

Edited by Vorathiel

17 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Cliched aside, If this kind of writing doesn't trigger you, then I don't even know what else does.

Well, interestingly written long sentences, which kinda realistically represents real character thoughts are not a trigger to me. Whats triggering me is this:

Spoiler

66KTz2A.png

yuck. :P