Getchu Bishojo Game Awards 2016 are out

ChaosRaven

Getchu published the results of their yearly Bishojo Game Awards where the 20 most popular titles of the past year are awarded. For comparison: Sales ranking 2016.

Almost business as usual: YuzuSoft at the top, August third and Purple Software fourth. Eushully nowhere to be seen was more of less expected, and Navel's approach to even further milk their Otome series to death was also punished with a place at the lower end of the list.

1.) Senren * Banka from YuzuSoft (Best Movie Award)

30951.jpg

2.) Maitetsu from Lose

30954.jpg

3.) Sen no Hatou, Tsukisome no Kouki from August (Best Graphics award)

24859.jpg

4.) Amatsutsumi from Purple Software (Best Music award)

29416.jpg

5.) Re: LieF ~Shin'ainaru Anata e~ from RASK (Best Scenario Award)

30017.jpg

6.) Gin'iro, Haruka from Tone Work's

27301.jpg

7.) Baldr Heart from Giga (Best System Award)

27899.jpg

8.) Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart from Harukaze

28010.jpg

9.) Otome * Domain from Palette Qualia (Best Character Award with Asuka Minato)

31251.jpg

10.) Sengoku † Koihime ~Otome Kenran ☆ Sengoku Emaki~ from BaseSon

29169.jpg

11.) Akeiro Kaikitan from Silky's Plus Wasabi

27134.jpg

12.) Tokyo Necro from Nitroplus

27532.jpg

13.) Honoo no Haramase Oppai ★ Ero Appli Gakuen from SQUEEZ

NSFW

14.) Floral Flowlove from Saga Planets

30953.jpg

15.) Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! A Plus Disk from Minato Soft

31566.jpg

16.) Tsumamigui 3 from Alice Soft (Best Ero Award)

NSFW

17.) Kanojo * Step from Smee

31450.jpg

18.) Wagamama High Spec from Madosoft

27249.jpg

19.) Otome Riron to Sono go no Shuuhen -Belle Époque- from Navel

25487.jpg

20.) Karenai Sekai to Owaru Hana from Sweet & Tea

30969.jpg

Edited by Zenophilious
Don't embed NSFW images >.<

21 minutes ago, Shiru said:

Tokyo Necro and Akeiro Kaikitan deserved higher :(. Also Re:LieF for best scenario award ......... uhhhhhhhhhh okay i guess lol

Akeiro definitely deserved better, but at least it was up there.  It also took 3rd in the Scenario ranking, so it got some recognition...

59 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

there was an nsfw image?! WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS THEM?! :pyaa:

They're still there.  Just click the spoilers, and then the link inside of them.  There's no rules against posting NSFW pics, you just can't embed them and you have to warn people that the links lead to NSFW pics.

Re:Lief winning the best scenario award is really a blasphemy, also this is the first year that Luna appear in a game and not win the best chara category, related to this, since 2012 the winner of best chara have a silver/white hair, this clearly is the key to success. :mare:

• 5 years later...

Let me try to do resurrection work on Getchu Awards 2016 here, and conveniently we have big updates on two VNs in top 20 (Otome Domain and Ginharu) at this week here.

• Senmomo here is quite infamous, because it's been claimed as MTL based on the fact. In which while I can definitely see the reason because the translator working on it very fast and yet the VN has very big number of lines, the one who think that it's MTL didn't have strong proof to prove their claim either, so basically there's no way to prove the claims from both sides. It didn't help that the team still working on it until now with them currently already finished with the main story, and they're still not release the patch (ie translation example). Anyway Senmomo here is the last August big VN in a while, in that it has a premise of another world with the current situation is that the old empire was ruined by a rebellion, and our MC here is the knight who accompanied the last heiress of the empire to reclaim her throne.
  • Speaking of MTL, we also have ReLief which is released by Hikari Field in Chinese language and that it has English translation patch, although said patch is MTL-ed so perhaps one should be cautious if they're curious about this, and by the way the translator did confess on it so it's easier to determine the translation as MTL. It's interesting to note that it won the best story in 2016 Getchu Awards, although from what I see above some may want to say otherwise. At least I can say for sure that it has good opening song and the graphic.
  • I definitely didn't have best impression on Wagahigh at the first glance, moreso because the heroines design has big breasts (In which it's the carryover from Yakimochi Stream). However after I tried it, turned out that I can see that it's far from the first impression in that I'm convinced that Wagahigh would be the nukige with big breast heroines lol. It definitely the successful product from Madosoft here, at least if we can see it on how it has FD. Sekai did license another two Madosoft VNs, although too bad that those are only available in Chinese language (So no English version yet), in which I can't exactly like what they did despite being the better tactic if we think from the business perspective.
  • Too bad that JAST probably still stuck with Tokyo Necro engine work, so obviously 2022 release plan here is bust. The likely delay for English release aside, Tokyo Necro here basically has two MC with one of those are female MC who has same sex tendency (So there'll be some GL story), and obviously both MCs will fight against zombie a lot. By the way I kind of like the MCs arrangement here, and I think it would be nice to have lesbian female as the best friend character for male MC (Like Tokyo Necro here) instead of usual horny handsome male best friend lol.
  • The first chorus of Floral Flowlove (FF) opening 'You can be protected if you' definitely can be a good choice for vaccination ad lol. The dry joke aside, FF here is the first Saga Planet under their name instead of still under Visual Arts, although they still use the Siglus engine in FF with Siglus is under Visual Arts, so we should expect some porting work on the English version by Nekonyan. FF itself is tell us the story about on a MC who somehow can see the wings on each person, and that he's surrounded by four heroines who each of them are figuratively called angel. Oh yes Ouro did reference this in Kirikoi, in that he describe FF as 'It's about a guy who can see angel and devil wings, and he becomes entangled in political intrigue with a royal family. Add in his service to the church, him doing some serious soul-searching -- and it's teeming with titties'.
  • Harukaze did attempt to bring Norakeno overseas, although too bad that they took Pulltop page so that we got the one that hadn't sex scene. Granted that they already reformed into all age company by then, but it's still too bad. There are some fans who attempted to restore the sex scenes along with obviously translated it, although so far the effort on it is not as intense as either Konosora or Aojashin. At least nowadays you can see the sex scenes in Noraneko, although only some of the scenes are translated.
  • Akeiro here is sort of the sequel for Nanairo, and the writer Kazuki Fumi here did up the horror along with providing some mystery story. Also it was said to be the best Silky Plus mystery game, or so that's what I read somewhere. As for the one who will localize this, well who knows, although so far Sekai is still seems more likely for now (Of course though it also possible that someday we may see either Shiravune or Nekonyan took Akeiro's license here).
  • For some reason Valve did randomly banned Amatsutsumi on Steam, although looking from on how the MC (Makoto) did have sex with more than one girl perhaps it's justified, especially if the reviewer are very averse about that. I mentioned about it despite that I somehow has no problem with that, because some reviews did mention that as one of the flaw, and seeing that Aoi Tori also has the same situation (With different reasons) I can only think that Nekonyan may have hard time to pass Steam review on Aoi Tori later. Amatsutsumi here is can be said has very good graphic, and despite of some bugs it can be said as one of Sekai's best release in 2022.
  • Sekai also did license Senren Banka in the past, although they failed to have translation work on it until Nekonyan took over the license 17 months after the announcement of it. While Senren Banka here didn't have something like Nene's route in that it basically has two big parts, Senren Banka here has each route contained bigger picture to the setting so perhaps it can be said that the staffs did do their best on creating the setting, although I may be wrong on this.
  • Unlike Senren Banka that Sekai failed to release, Maitetsu here was successfully released by Sekai. As for the premise, well admittedly it's sort of questionable seeing that we have trains turned into loli character on top that we can have sex with them. Seeing that there's a lot of uncomfortable stuff, it's understandable on how Lose deiced to censor the panties for overseas release, which of course attract some angry response so much there's a patch to restore it. Setting the controversies aside (Either in regard of the loli or the censorship), Maitetsu here has very big production value with each heroines (Side or main) can have several outfits, and that it has a lot of sprites. It also should mentioned that Lose made Last Run with even bigger production value before closed their business in October 2022, so at least they're ended with a bang.
  • Shiravune just recently released Otome Domain, and I've been waiting for this seeing that it's a trap VN with female heroines, in which it's something that we still rarely have besides Otoboku and Heart de Roomate. While we only have Bokukotsu cameo in the trial, at least the spirit is still in the full game, especially with the ojousama being useless. Speaking of Bokukotsu, I feel that the title 'ideal bride' that Ren got would be more fitting for Otome Domain MC Minato here, because our Minato here is looks like a girl so much that he won the best character award (That usually only heroines who have won that award), and not to mention that Minato here basically has the same role as Ren (Only to him being cute instead of handsome).
  • In 2020 we have Tsurezure did translate Ginharu, although after the translator Trip translate three routes and about to translate the fourth route he decided to drop it because of the burnout. So of course we didn't have the hope to see it translated, at least until now in which a new translation group Daybreak manage to fully translate the rest of the untranslated routes, and today we have the patch that contained four rotes translated was released. Ginharu here is carrying the same formula from Hoshiori, but instead this time tone work's did write the story all the way up to junior high, which technically mean that all of the heroines are the MC's childhood friends lol (Although Mizuha here is the blatant example of usual childhood friend). Of course though it emphasize the most obvious flaw, in that it's the very lengthy playthrough.

That's all for my very belated comment on Getchu Awards 2016, and yeah times do wonder to have more than half of top 20 are either translated or licensed.

Edited by littleshogun