Tayutama 2 File .ARC Repack

Aki96

Hello everyone,

as you can see in the title I am trying to find a way how to repack the .ARC files for Tayutama 2. I managed to extract the files from the .ARC archive, I managed to change script lines from JP to EN (just a few sentences for a test), but I could not find ANY way how to repack the files back to .ARC with maintaining the size and archive's information. Every tool I could find was just for extracting... Unfortunately I could not find ANY repacker that supports Tayutama 2 on google... Is there anyone who has any experience in programming and could try to make a repacker for this game? Is it even possible?

Thank you for your answers,

Akiimage.jpg

Hey, my colleague found out something: " I noticed that it detects that the format of the .arc file is BGI v2. Doing some searching, I found that BGI novels may accept a modified .arc file, but in order to do this, you need to find the script where the checksum is located, and rewrite it in such a way that it points to an unmodified .arc file and reads our .arc file at the same time. "

" In other words, we may need to worry about something else other than the size of the .arc file. "

Regarding the HEX:

It's no problem to edit it in the Hex editor, for me it's the most comfortable way, because I am familiar with it, also if you change the header in the hex, you can both resize and shrink the text. So HEX is not the issue...

I am going to took onto the BGI extension for now!

Anyways, thank you for your reply (I used AE VN tools for unpacking, but after repacking back the ARC. archive has 9MB instead of 1.8, obviously it didn't work).

Aki

Yep, I've got it...

But there is one thing I can't get into my head. I simply put the unpacked script file into the root folder and it works for some reason... Don't ask me why, I don't know myself... but that means our group can start translating it...

I can't repack it back to the ARC because there is checksum that controls if the archive was edited or not... if it detects the edited archive the game won't run...

Yeah, it can be disassembled but it's not necessary since you can just put the edited script itself into the root folder => Fighting with checksum is pointless...Got_it.jpg

All right issue n0. 2 - Unfortunately my favorite HEX editor won't do here, because some sentences are much more longer than in English... is there any way how to edit scripts in these files without extensions? Got no idea how to extract the text? Someone has an experience with this engine I guess...

about the size, yes thats how the AE works, its PACKING not COMPRESSING...
here is comparation, folder contain extracted script and a packed script with AE...

Spoiler

[ P R I V A T E ]

and yes, put the script on instalation directory also works, but you need to copy a bunch of extensionless script file there which make it uneffective for patch (which only one file only)

btw, it works for me for packing the script with AE, if yours didnt works, something must be happened during packing, or simply you didnt using win xp :P (you must see warning if you use AE on later windows than xp)

Spoiler

[ P R I V A T E ]

and i dont understand technical stuff, so idk what are you talking about...

and yes, there is a tool to deal with buriko script...

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

I was focusing myself on the technical issues that much that I forgot to switch the compatibility mode for AE... but still after setting the compatibility for WIN XP SP3 the result is the same...Untitled.jpg

The is error basically telling me that I made changes and that's the reason why the game can't run.

Regarding the Buriko scripts:

Is this the program for it?

Untitled.jpg

Because I couldn't find any "exe" here and opening through CMD in windows failed, console in Linux failed, console in MAC failed (yeah I've got all these Operating systems)

Which program did I miss then?

yes, you can use that one from amemiya, but please take a note that BGIkit change the locale to chinese instead of japanese (which he used to translate JP > CN) you need to change some encodings parameter, here is how the program works and how to use it (in chinese, you can use google translate) https://bbs.sumisora.org/read.php?tid=11042351

and since that is a code, of course you can not use it yet (cmd / terminal), you need to compile it first...

yes, we use the same program, its AE

i use this,

Spoiler

[ P R I V A T E ]

it based on amemiya's BGIkit (which you posted), but its better, include interface and support many encodes, with this i can change the encode for JP or CN with easy...

for repacking the arc, as i said before, i use AE, no error for me though...

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

Hello, I am working with aki96 on this project.

Is there even a way of inserting sentences that are longer compared to the original Japanese text?

While I am able to put English sentences in the _00 file with a hex editor and bypass the checksum to get the VN to read our translation, the VN crashes if our translation uses a different number of hexes compared to the original text. Meaning if we can't make our translations short enough, we might have to make up sentences that don't match the original text. Obviously this will impact the accuracy of our translation, but since there aren't any guides about how to put in long sentences, I fear that this might be the only way to continue the project.

Ok so I managed to make work everything. Unpacking ARC, repacking ARC...

Now for the last thing... Is there any other way to edit the scripts with something else than the HEX editor?

I extracted the scripts with the tool you can see on the picture... But how can I make the edited TXT the original format? Is there any tool that can revert the txt file back to the original one? Thanks!

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg

you can just click ctrl+s to save the script after you edit through editor, but i guess you dont understand chinese, so it cant be helped...

sorry for the late reply (i read your reply yesterday though... and i'm seek for solution),

now, lets assume that you still have visual studio installed on your pc...
download this

Spoiler

[ P R I V A T E ]

and do this

Spoiler

[ P R I V A T E ]

this program is english, so there should be no problem...

hope it help, sorry for the inconvenience though...

edit:

about the translation accuracy, just in case that your translation longer than the text box (i said text box, not compared with orig / JP sentences), your translation will cutted...
solution, you can change with smaller / neater font...

to do this, you need to change some parameter on ._bp files under sysgrp.arc or sysprg.arc (i forgot)

(make sure you include the font file to the repacked arc)

Spoiler

[ P R I V A T E ]

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

Okay So... I compiled the file and got this:

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg

But when I click something or put the txt file into the, the window just closes and does nothing else...

Edit:

Nevermind I am just blind, everything works fine. Thanks a lot for help man. I really appreciate it!

Edited by Aki96