helph with making sense of SG0 choices

castor212

so i just got around finishing SG0, and so god help me this game is good but also, in a way, much more confusing than the first game

most of the plot, i get, but what really ticks me is that i just dont get how each choices diverge the story and creates new timelines

i mean, the original Steins Gate did an awesome job on explaining how each dmail change worldline and how 

in SG0, i am pretty much confused of how them ignore/pickup phone and what not affects the worldline, even though there was, like, only 3 important branching point: when we turn our phone off or not, when we pick up the call from amadeus or not, and when we immideately overwrite a certain someone's emmory or not

can anyone help me of why each choices leads to each of its consequent event?

thanks in advance

It's certainly more convoluted and messy then the original steins;gate and I can't really tell you exactly how each trigger effects the timeline, I imagine they might be going with the "blue butterfly" excuse for this one. 

Spoiler

Although I imagine it has allot to do with the tracking Leskinen has on the Amadeus program and what he overhears from it's conversations with Okabe. 

Edited by Soulless Watcher

What the hell, I'll just go ahead and spoilerify the whole thing.

In-game, Okabe speculates that the shifts in the world-line have to do with Amadeus.  That makes a lot of sense, because the Alpha world-line is characterized by an enormous fight over time travel technology.  Dr. Nakabachi steals Kurisu's paper, publically announces it, and immediately kicks off a fierce covert arms race over time travel technology.  And we know that multiple players in this war are very interested in Kurisu's work.  It's likely most of those actors don't

know Nakabachi stole the paper from Kurisu (because otherwise SERN or the Russians would have tried to seize the servers 'Kurisu' was running on).  But we know they're looking into a possible connection, because at least two of them want Kurisu's hard drive.

We also know that this covert war turning hot is what kicks off World War 3.

Okabe speculates that when he affects the overall direction of the Amadeus project, it changes the worldline by increasing how much the various groups know about time travel.  In fact, deleting Amadeus doesn't change the worldline at all.  (I don't remember exactly what he says, unfortunately.)  What knowledge does Amadeus have?  'Kurisu' knows about Kurisu's paper.  Probably 'Kurisu''s version isn't finished, just because of when her memories were last updated.  But being Kurisu, she could probably finish it.  Maybe she already has.

And we know that 'Kurisu' is very interested in keeping the time travel information secret.  She freaks out when Leskinen breaks the encryption on her private memories and takes over the system.

Also, how much Leskinen knows may vary more than you think.  In one of the main branches, "Yuki" isn't really Yuki, but is actually Kagari who's been turned into a doppelganger lookalike via plasic surgery.  Importantly, this only ever comes up in one of the routes.  This happens to be the route in which Leskinen says that he was suprised to find out that the voice in her head is himself from the future.  This can't have happened on the other timelines, where we meet Kagari.  That timeline's Yuki Amane really is Yuki Amane.

I have two main questions.  One, what was the point of the rest of 'Kurisu's' post?  (The one where she said in veiled terms that Leskinen had gotten the time machine).  It looked like some kind of code, and I was expecting something to come up about it in the true ending.  Never did.  I was also expecting to find out why Kagari looks like a dead ringer for Kurisu, in a world-line where Kurisu is dead.  But we don't find that out either.

6 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

What the hell, I'll just go ahead and spoilerify the whole thing.

Hide contents

In-game, Okabe speculates that the shifts in the world-line have to do with Amadeus.  That makes a lot of sense, because the Alpha world-line is characterized by an enormous fight over time travel technology.  Dr. Nakabachi steals Kurisu's paper, publically announces it, and immediately kicks off a fierce covert arms race over time travel technology.  And we know that multiple players in this war are very interested in Kurisu's work.  It's likely most of those actors don't

know Nakabachi stole the paper from Kurisu (because otherwise SERN or the Russians would have tried to seize the servers 'Kurisu' was running on).  But we know they're looking into a possible connection, because at least two of them want Kurisu's hard drive.

We also know that this covert war turning hot is what kicks off World War 3.

Okabe speculates that when he affects the overall direction of the Amadeus project, it changes the worldline by increasing how much the various groups know about time travel.  In fact, deleting Amadeus doesn't change the worldline at all.  (I don't remember exactly what he says, unfortunately.)  What knowledge does Amadeus have?  'Kurisu' knows about Kurisu's paper.  Probably 'Kurisu''s version isn't finished, just because of when her memories were last updated.  But being Kurisu, she could probably finish it.  Maybe she already has.

And we know that 'Kurisu' is very interested in keeping the time travel information secret.  She freaks out when Leskinen breaks the encryption on her private memories and takes over the system.

Also, how much Leskinen knows may vary more than you think.  In one of the main branches, "Yuki" isn't really Yuki, but is actually Kagari who's been turned into a doppelganger lookalike via plasic surgery.  Importantly, this only ever comes up in one of the routes.  This happens to be the route in which Leskinen says that he was suprised to find out that the voice in her head is himself from the future.  This can't have happened on the other timelines, where we meet Kagari.  That timeline's Yuki Amane really is Yuki Amane.

I have two main questions.  One, what was the point of the rest of 'Kurisu's' post?  (The one where she said in veiled terms that Leskinen had gotten the time machine).  It looked like some kind of code, and I was expecting something to come up about it in the true ending.  Never did.  I was also expecting to find out why Kagari looks like a dead ringer for Kurisu, in a world-line where Kurisu is dead.  But we don't find that out either.

Reveal hidden contents

i know all this more or less from the game

its just weird how a delay of several second of picking up phone affects worldline

4 hours ago, castor212 said:

i know all this more or less from the game

its just weird how a delay of several second of picking up phone affects worldline

Called the butterfly effect.

And for those who says it's a completely bullshit thing.

Back during WW 1, a british(actually Aussie) soldier healed a german soldier who was deadly injured.

That german soldier is called Adolf Hitler.

You get it how powerful the butterfly effect is? But yeah, basically, the Choices in S;G 0 are linked to who controls Amadeus controls time travel, and has the ability to mess up with time.