My Future

Eclipsed

Undecided/Undeclared  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Halp

• Finish up I/O & Psychopass you procrastinating ass, no one likes an incompleter!
    • Steins;Gate 0. You gotta add more legendaries to your resume man!
    • Fata/Morgana. Haven't you seen all the advertisements for it?! You'll be less competitive without this one!
    • Yo yo yo Da Capo's all the rage right now, charamoeges are where the industries' headed, go read that trilogy!
    • Flowers. Because you know you want to see that racy CG Fred the Barber prominently displayed in his Fuwareview~

This poll is closed to new votes

Hi I'm currently Undecided/Undeclared trying to apply to the University of Visual Novel

My resume's pretty lacking, I've only completed around 40 credits worth of VNs with a 4.0 GPA mostly consisting of charamoeges, murder mystery and sci-fi fantasy

I've talked with my guidance counselor and she recommended I just read more VNs to become more competitive

So plx halp

2 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Flowers is the only one which isn't trash, asides from I/O, so go for that, lol. 

That post that only serves as bait (taste is subjective)

I recommend you trying Fata Morgana and let Flowers for later, since it still has 3 parts to be released.

16 minutes ago, Silvz said:

That post that only serves as bait (taste is subjective)

I recommend you trying Fata Morgana and let Flowers for later, since it still has 3 parts to be released.

This thing pops up in almost every discussion comparing the merits of different works and it always makes me pissed.

Of course taste is subjective. Of course this is my opinion, and the purpose of the post was to make that known. Of course no one is wrong by liking any of these works. 

Jesus christ, it's like people have a hard-on for saying obvious things. 

It feels almost insulting that someone would think I'm either trolling or that I believe in some objective VN rating thingy because I said something was trash, bad, mediocre, good or great. 

I just don't care to add "but hey that's just my opinion" to every time I talk about something since people ought to know that already. 

...But this is just a giant offtopic rant, lol. 

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

I will fite u over Fata Morgana

Fata Morgana is slow. The whole first chapter didn't capture me, and there was this period when I was starting to read every other chapter where I didn't care about anything that was going on, and it lasted far too long for me. 

The artsyle is weird. I guess when I got used to that it helped with giving style to the game, but for a large portion of me reading that it was offputting. 

I like that experimental works like that exist, and I find it a healthy thing and am overall happy it has its fanbase, though I'm not willing to support it and am not part of that fanbase. 

13 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

[Kaguya's post]

Unfortunately, I'm not one that likes long discussions and/or arguing so open to the world, so I'll make myself quick. The problem is not on what you think or what your preferences are, but it is how you put it to others. You know, I know, we all know that when you say "everything else is trash", you're not expecting someone to take you seriously or to not get offended (I'm not) by it. Like you said, I'm stating the obvious and you probably know I am.

Still, I hope to end our "discussion" here <3

Edited by Silvz
Kaguya-senpai noticed me ^_^

4 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Unfortunately, I'm not one that likes long discussions and/or arguing so open to the world, so I'll make myself quick. The problem is not on what you think or what your preferences are, but it is how you put it to others. You know, I know, we all know that when you say "everything else is trash", you're not expecting someone to take you seriously or to not get offended (I'm not) by it. Like you said, I'm stating the obvious and you probably know I am.

Still, I hope to end our "discussion" here <3

The whole point of the post was to bitch about the people who think anything beyond "this person thinks these VNs are trash" when I say "these are trash" so eeeeh. 

Recommendation-wise, normally I would go beyond that, because for someone who doesn't know me, saying something is bad doesn't help with anything, so I'll give you that.

Still, Eclipsed *probably* heard me talk shit about enough VNs that he knows what I mean when I say something is trash, lol.