Visual novel with voice

Xx123

There are also VNs that only have voices to female characters, only  for some characters, only in some scenes, and so on. The cost of voice acting is something not all companies can afford, and nowadays a lot of games are made by indie companies.

It is not a bad question, as my first VN was Umineko and I read through the entire first chapter to find that there was voice acting available.

25 minutes ago, Silvz said:

It is not a bad question, as my first VN was Umineko and I read through the entire first chapter to find that there was voice acting available.

Yeah, my story exactly.:D

And after trying to read with voices for a bit, I returned to the unvoiced version, because voices of the main characters were very different from what I imagined them to be, and it really bugged me.

~~~~~

Back to the topic. I also recommend you to check several releases on VNDB, because there are often times, especially with older VNs, when some releases are voiced and some aren't. I think, it often happens, when the company didn't have the money to include the voices at first, but the VN got popular and sold very well. Some examples are Clannad and Fate/Stay Night. Also, sometimes voices get added only to releases on the platforms different from PC. In these cases you might want to check if there are any unofficial patches that add the voices to the PC version, like with the before-mentioned Umineko, or its sister series Higurashi. Note, however, that it is likely to happen only for the most popular VNs, as it requires a lot of work.

While it's true that not all companies can afford to hire VAs  and there fore have their vns not feature voices, there's also thousands if not more that do feature them either partially or fully.

As for recommendations it'd be of great help to us if you could specify the type of genre you're looking for or enjoy them most, you could also search on VNDB by it's tag as it was mentioned above.

Best of luck :sachi: