Three new console vn localizations leaked by the german retailer

novurdim

Well, since noone posted it yet, here you go. This retailer is apparently highly trusted, leaked quite a few announcements before, so we probably can take its listings as a 99% guarantee. 

>Chaos;Child (PS4, PS Vita)

>Punch Line (PS4, PS Vita) 

>YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (PS4, PS Vita)

Source

Not sure just how vn-ish Punchline is (probably another ADV hybrid) and CC is no surprise by now but I certainly never expected an official YU-NO remake localization. All games look like PQUBE material so they sure keep doing great work with VNs, now we just wait for an official confirmation, it should come soon enough. Still hoping for Net High though. 

Edited by novurdim

30 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

Ooohh, YU-NO.  If it's being translated by the same people who did S;G and S;G0 then I'm totally on board.  I hear good things about the game but not so much about the fannotation.

"fanno" hwta? If you mean the fan-translation, then this has nothing to do with this game, this is a new game.

9 minutes ago, Nier said:

"fanno" hwta? If you mean the fan-translation, then this has nothing to do with this game, this is a new game.

Is it not a remake of the original game? If it is a remake of the original YU-NO, it would be weird to say that is has nothing to do with the original YU-NO. I am sure Nandemonai means that has heard good things about the (original) YU-NO, but not about the fan translation of the original title. So he is looking forward to the remake, to read the remake with a new translation instead.

YU-NO and Chaos;Child are both titles I heard good things about, and that both look interesting. Can someone say something about the fan translation of the original YU-NO? Would you recommend reading the fan translation, or would you suggest waiting for the remake. (That we don't know much about.) Could you see a version without the ero work? I don't know, if it played an important role in the original.

Regarding Chaos;Child I guess it’s time to read Chaos;Head without the Noah content. Since it seems unlikely that we get Noah at this point. Are there any differences between the console version and the latter PC version of Chaos;Child, regarding the content?

Btw. I never heard of this german retailer, before but I guess that does not mean much.

13 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Is it not a remake of the original game? If it is a remake of the original YU-NO, it would be weird to say that is has nothing to do with the original YU-NO. I am sure Nandemonai means that has heard good things about the (original) YU-NO, but not about the fan translation of the original title. So he is looking forward to the remake, to read the remake with a new translation instead.

YU-NO and Chaos;Child are both titles I heard good things about, and that both look interesting. Can someone say something about the fan translation of the original YU-NO? Would you recommend reading the fan translation, or would you suggest waiting for the remake. (That we don't know much about.) Could you see a version without the ero work? I don't know, if it played an important role in the original.

Regarding Chaos;Child I guess it’s time to read Chaos;Head without the Noah content. Since it seems unlikely that we get Noah at this point. Are there any differences between the console version and the latter PC version of Chaos;Child, regarding the content?

Btw. I never heard of this german retailer, before but I guess that does not mean much.

There is a lot of content added by the Noah release, mostly, it adds route for every heroine, whereas the main game is pretty linear and has only 2 main endings and a bunch of bad ends.

Regarding the chaos;child VN, i was pretty impressed so far by the anime, and since there's a chance we're getting C;C, i'm happily waiting for it.

As for the releases of chaos;chiild, they are the same, PC or console version. 

1 hour ago, Nier said:

Yes, I meant the fan patch.  Specifically, I have heard that the translation was not very good; I consider the translations of Steins;Gate and S;G0 to be true excellence, some of the best work I've ever seen.  If the same company that put out the Playstation versions of those two games is involved, I am stoked.

10 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

Yes, I meant the fan patch.  Specifically, I have heard that the translation was not very good; I consider the translations of Steins;Gate and S;G0 to be true excellence, some of the best work I've ever seen.  If the same company that put out the Playstation versions of those two games is involved, I am stoked.

Again this is a new game, the fan-translation can't be used on this new game, so obviously a new official translation will be done for the official western releases of YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World.

40 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

This is a completely new game, unlike say Eve Burst Error R, so you can't just copy and paste the fan-translation to use on it, it just wouldn't work. This is like thinking that you can lift the original script of Final Fantasy VII and paste it on Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Edited by Nier

5 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Interesting announcement there

They're not announcements though, we'll have to wait for the official announcements for confirmation. But I am very much looking forward to them, especially YU-NO (mainly), but also Chaos;Child (pretty weird to release the sequel of a game that was never released in english though). Dunno about Punch Line, but since it's from the Infinity Series writers from KID/SDR Project i'll definitely buy it too.

Edited by Nier

I'm not actually all that big on Steins;Gate 0's translation. It was okay, about your average official VN TL really, but pretty clearly inferior to the original's. 

57 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

The fan group Committee of Zero say they're going to translate Noah. It seems they found a translator for that and will start soon, if they haven't already. Of course, Child is almost certainly going to release first, so if you don't want to wait for that, then reading normal C;H is the best you'll get. The good news is that some cool people recently fixed up the C;H patch, fixing a lot of bugs as well as some typos/grammar errors: https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/5qvvva/chaoshead_pc_english_fix_patch/

1 minute ago, Decay said:

I'm not actually all that big on Steins;Gate 0's translation. It was okay, about your average official VN TL really, but pretty clearly inferior to the original's.

Having played version 1.01 I seen quite a bit of typos and other mistakes in the translation, also they completely forgot to translate the small scenes you get after getting the true ending. The original Steins;Gate translation wasn't perfect either as it did have typos and other mistakes here and there (about a similar amount to Root Double), but at least there was nothing left untranslated.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

The fan group Committee of Zero say they're going to translate Noah. It seems they found a translator for that and will start soon, if they haven't already. Of course, Child is almost certainly going to release first, so if you don't want to wait for that, then reading normal C;H is the best you'll get. The good news is that some cool people recently fixed up the C;H patch, fixing a lot of bugs as well as some typos/grammar errors: https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/5qvvva/chaoshead_pc_english_fix_patch/

Good to know. I will just wait and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

I haven't played it, but from the few screenshots I saw it looked well below the quality I'd expect from an official localisation. There was one screenshot which contained only a single sentence that exhibited filtering in the narration, a redundant (needless) adverb, and an overuse of 'ing' verbs. That's a lot of problems for a single sentence to have. I thought at the time that I hoped it wasn't indicative of the entire translation 0.0

12 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

I haven't played it, but from the few screenshots I saw it looked well below the quality I'd expect from an official localisation. There was one screenshot which contained only a single sentence that exhibited filtering in the narration, a redundant (needless) adverb, and an overuse of 'ing' verbs. That's a lot of problems for a single sentence to have. I thought at the time that I hoped it wasn't indicative of the entire translation 0.0

The actual average official TL quality and your expectations are awfully different, it seems.

5 hours ago, Nier said:

They're not announcements though, we'll have to wait for the official announcements for confirmation.

Well, correct it to interesting leak then. As for my interest here, it's Chaos Child if I may honest here although it's okay though if you interested in YU-NO. That's all for now here.

8 hours ago, novurdim said:

Well, since noone posted it yet, here you go. This retailer is apparently highly trusted, leaked quite a few announcements before, so we probably can take its listings as a 99% guarantee. 

>Chaos;Child (PS4, PS Vita)

>Punch Line (PS4, PS Vita) 

>YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (PS4, PS Vita)

Source

Not sure just how vn-ish Punchline is (probably another ADV hybrid) and CC is no surprise by now but I certainly never expected an official YU-NO remake localization. All games look like PQUBE material so they sure keep doing great work with VNs, now we just wait for an official confirmation, it should come soon enough. Still hoping for Net High though. 

Thanks for sharing with us of what's going on or anything new of what's going on :).

10 hours ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Can someone say something about the fan translation of the original YU-NO? Would you recommend reading the fan translation, or would you suggest waiting for the remake. (That we don't know much about.) Could you see a version without the ero work? I don't know, if it played an important role in the original.

I don't know any Japanese, but I didn't find anything about the original's fan translation bad or egregious. I love the original YU-NO's art style far more than the remake's, so I'm inclined to prefer the original release, but the remake might improve the game in other ways (especially some really obtuse gameplay systems), so I can't say whether the remake is better or worse for sure. As for the ero, they're short-as-hell scenes that have no merit except some really hot art. There's practically no story significance to them whatsoever. So it's a small loss if you wanted to see sex, but practically negligible if you are in it just for the story.

12 hours ago, Decay said:

That patch introduced another game breaking bug, btw.