Spoil me - Tokyo Babel

Silvz

Hello, fuwans. I'll be brief here.

My summer vacations are almost over [brazil] and I still have plenty of things to read, both books and VNs. I'm not into action/adventure a lot, but I started Tokyo Babel instead of buying Himawari, and now that I have the latter I'm planing on dropping TB.

Don't take me wrong, however, I really liked the game, both visually, storywise and I think both the producers and MangaGamer did a great job here. The problem is that, like I said before, I'm not into action a lot, and towards the end of the routes, Tokyo Babel starts to have too much fight scenes and I simply skip them manually.

Well, now I'm into starting Himawari and I don't think I'll finish TB, at least in the near future. My humble request is that someone who already finished it to spoil the true ending for me, just so I can know what happened. Unfortunatelly, I could not find "let's play" videos of Lilith's route anywhere, that's why I'm resquesting here.

I've already finished:

Raziel Bad/True endings

Sorami Bad/Normal/True endings

Lilith 3 bad endings

The exact scene that I am now is the following:

Setsuna is fighting against Astaroth in a black-and-white city. Adam and Eve alread started destroying Tokyo Babel and some angels and demons are going with Sorami towards the future.[/spoilers]

So, can you my friends tell me what happens after this? I don't mind spoilers, but please tag them. Thanks in advance <3

12 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

I think, you are actually only about 2 hours from the end, so it may be a good idea to actually finish it. I may be wrong though, I'm not sure I remember the order of events.

2 hours is a lot @_@ And I don't know if I'm missing information by skipping through the fights, so I'd rather just have it summarized. I've started Himawari already and must say I won't probably go back to TB for some time [S;G0 is staring at me]

13 hours ago, Silvz said:

2 hours is a lot @_@ And I don't know if I'm missing information by skipping through the fights, so I'd rather just have it summarized. I've started Himawari already and must say I won't probably go back to TB for some time [S;G0 is staring at me]

Yes, you are missing information by not reading the fights.  Fights in chuunige aren't the same thing as sex to moege.  About 80% of the time, they are telling both characters' stories as they are fighting...

14 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Yes, you are missing information by not reading the fights.  Fights in chuunige aren't the same thing as sex to moege.  About 80% of the time, they are telling both characters' stories as they are fighting...

A jaded man would question whether this is the most appropriate place for inserting a character's story ... just sayin :3

Just now, Darklord Rooke said:

A jaded man would question whether this is the most appropriate place for inserting a character's story ... just sayin :3

lol... just be glad the entire game isn't fighting scenes.  I've encountered some really crappy chuunige in the past that made that mistake (90% of the game is drama and fights 10% for anything else).  Sometimes it works, but... 

In any case, it fits with the setting in this case.  Also... why play a chuunige if you are going to skip the fight scenes?  lol  That's like watching swords and sorcery fantasy anime and skipping the battles to get to the parts where they talk about where to go next.

6 hours ago, Clephas said:

lol... just be glad the entire game isn't fighting scenes.  I've encountered some really crappy chuunige in the past that made that mistake (90% of the game is drama and fights 10% for anything else).  Sometimes it works, but... 

In any case, it fits with the setting in this case.  Also... why play a chuunige if you are going to skip the fight scenes?  lol  That's like watching swords and sorcery fantasy anime and skipping the battles to get to the parts where they talk about where to go next.

Ah, for many reasons. Tokyo Babel first caught my attention because of its art and how beautiful I thought it was. Then I got interested in the story, which is great. The characters, the acting, their backstory and motivations all made me enjoy the novel as a whole. The problem with it is that towards the end the fights drag too long, and most of them are kind of repetitive. In the case of TB, you can tell from the first route how the others will be in terms of Setsuna's development and I could hardly differ the scenes besides the different antagonists. By the time he was fighting Astaroth - where I stopped - I already had an idea on how it would be the whole fight, and didn't want to spend my time on it.

However, like I said, the story is great, and I am interested on what happens to Lilith and the others in the true route.

Edited by Silvz

On 03/02/2017 at 2:10 AM, Silvz said:

However, like I said, the story is great, and I am interested on what happens to Lilith and the others in the true route

I'm sorry if this is late, but this is a very condensed version (if memory serves):

Spoiler

Setsuna fights Adam and Eve and wins them. He then goes back down to fight Lilith and wins this time by using that new sword of his (the same one in Sorami's route I think). In the end Lilith returns to normal but everyone else (Sorami Raziel and co.) had already escaped to the "future". The pair were resigned to the fact that they would die in Tokyo Babel, but then the "clone" liliths somehow used their powers to open up the gates to the future, which they both leapt into. 

(I'm not too sure of this part but...) Eventually, Setsuna meets Raziel/Sorami (He doesn't remember them though) who guides him towards where Lilith is. He ends up meeting Lilith on a beach. The end. 

I think there was another ending, where after jumping into the future they both ended up rescuing worlds that were on the brink of destruction. 

Forgive me if I got anything wrong, it has been a while since I finished it so I can't remember some details well. 

5 minutes ago, Limerence_ said:

I'm sorry if this is late, but this is a very condensed version (if memory serves):

Hide contents

Setsuna fights Adam and Eve and wins them. He then goes back down to fight Lilith and wins this time by using that new sword of his (the same one in Sorami's route I think). In the end Lilith returns to normal but everyone else (Sorami Raziel and co.) had already escaped to the "future". The pair were resigned to the fact that they would die in Tokyo Babel, but then the "clone" liliths somehow used their powers to open up the gates to the future, which they both leapt into. 

(I'm not too sure of this part but...) Eventually, Setsuna meets Raziel/Sorami (He doesn't remember them though) who guides him towards where Lilith is. He ends up meeting Lilith on a beach. The end. 

I think there was another ending, where after jumping into the future they both ended up rescuing worlds that were on the brink of destruction. 

Forgive me if I got anything wrong, it has been a while since I finished it so I can't remember some details well. 

Thank you a lot <3