Xbox 360 disk ring

Akimoto Masato

So I got an Xbox 360 a while back, so I was playing a game and then one of my tables legs broke, producing a ring on the back of the disk 

Spoiler

xbox_360_disc_scratch.jpg

It will no longer play, it just spins and spins making noise (I should do a we are number one remix but with Xbox disks shattering...) sometimes it says there's a disk in but it never runs, any solutions? All the ones from the other websites and such didn't work

Just now, SilverLi said:

You are screwed. You can't save it sadly. If it is new and you got a cd protection you could perhaps get a new one at the store. Otherwise buy a new copy of the game. Been there done that.

God, fucking, damnit. Welp it can't be helped I guess, I still got my saved data so it shouldn't be that big of a problem

2 hours ago, Akimoto Masato said:

So I got an Xbox 360 a while back, so I was playing a game and then one of my tables legs broke, producing a ring on the back of the disk 

Reveal hidden contents

xbox_360_disc_scratch.jpg

It will no longer play, it just spins and spins making noise (I should do a we are number one remix but with Xbox disks shattering...) sometimes it says there's a disk in but it never runs, any solutions? All the ones from the other websites and such didn't work

A ring-type scratch on an optical disk is the worst kind.  The data is written in concentric rings, so a ring-scratch is equivalent to deleting an entire block of data.  Whereas a linear scratch can be corrected for because there's copies of the data in the rest of each ring; it just slows down the disk access times.

Edited by sanahtlig

yeah, sorry dude but youre screwed. i had this happen to a disk of mine as well for the 360, went into a store that offers to descratch disks and they said that even if they did that, it still most likely wouldnt work as its a lot deeper.

luckily, dont even remember how but i had another copy of that game at the time.

Edited by mitchhamilton

Well, I have traveled to the next towns game stop and told them about my situation and they offered to replace it for free, I walked out of there with $40 USD worth of shit, because they had a ton of legend of Zelda merchandise and Sword Art Online:hollow realization so yea I'm packed down

58 minutes ago, Akimoto Masato said:

Well, I have traveled to the next towns game stop and told them about my situation and they offered to replace it for free, I walked out of there with $40 USD worth of shit, because they had a ton of legend of Zelda merchandise and Sword Art Online:hollow realization so yea I'm packed down

Rakiiii~

Excellent news.