Mangagamer secrets project

Novel21

I just noticed in this VNTS post at Mangagamer have start doing secrets project.

Like Sekrai Project does, have anybody else notice this?

So I want to do a guess game just for fun.

So I want there to guess which VN Mangagamer are translating.

Lets start with 1 one.

So lets start.

I guess this VN D.C. III ~Da Capo III~ With You

I'm noticed that since back when Himawari was released ie back at December 10th. Although guess right now they decided to announced it there. For speculation, may I say that I don't knew here because I'm sure that I didn't know any of Mangagamer company secret right now (Duh). But maybe it could be one of their nukige though if I play safe here.

MangaGamer usually teases new titles either shortly before they announce them or at the year previews at the start of a new year. They haven't done it for this year yet, but I guess they'll do it when they announce the results of the survey which should be soon. So I don't really want to start guessing new titles until then.

Though it might be worth tracking the translating speed of a particular secret project to estimate length and the likeliness if it's a story title or just a short nukige. Even knowing the translator could be helpfull, since those can be picky and MG usually at least tries to give them the titles they want to translate. Newer and less experienced translators are also more likely to translate simple nukiges or smaller less important titles in general.

Edited by ChaosRaven

16 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Though it might be worth tracking the translating speed of a particular secret project to estimate length and the likeliness if it's a story title or just a short nukige. 

Welp, not really. Translating speeds are very, very different. Basing on how long FataMorgana addition is 'in translation', one might think this is a really long VN, when it's only a 2-10h on vndb. And something like Dal Segno was translated in almost no-time (AFAIK).

3 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Welp, not really. Translating speeds are very, very different. Basing on how long FataMorgana addition is 'in translation', one might think this is a really long VN, when it's only a 2-10h on vndb. And something like Dal Segno was translated in almost no-time (AFAIK).

That might be true, but if the translation is finished in two months, I'm also not willing to believe that it's Sengoku Koihime either... :unsure:

2 hours ago, Novel21 said:

Although, I wouldn't mind another Da Capo III game being translated, I'd prefer if D.C. III - Platinum Partner gets released first because of story purposes.

Edited by jetpack003

4 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

Judging by the Tlers blog post i highly doubt he'd translate any more DC stuff anytime soon DC3 took him 2.5 years or so to do

He's already TL'ing Maggot Baits.  He probably did take a bit of a vacation, but MangaGamer is a business, not a fan TL group.  They can't just stop.

3 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Fata Morgana's fandisk has obviously been put on the back burner.  It's hardly moved in months.  As for Del Segno, they must have been working on it before it was announced.  (Just like they've already completely translated and edited one of their secret projects.)

5 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

That might be true, but if the translation is finished in two months, I'm also not willing to believe that it's Sengoku Koihime either... :unsure:

Sengoku Koihime is probably very impossible, but there might be some chances with Shin koihime musou since Baseson is releasing a very big remake (as a 3 full priced game series, which will get released at 2017 2018 2019) of it, and they might try to get whatever they can from the older version of the game.

Well getting Baseson games are pretty complicated because of the +50 VAs and other shits so in the end they might not get anything at all, but still I'd say that there's more possibility than last year for sure. 

4 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

another sengoku koihime would be amazing but i doubt its it. :kosame: does mg even own the rights to baseson anymore?

Not sure if they do or not anymore but that would be pretty cool, wish they had brought us SKM or the like instead of just KM though I'm still grateful for it. As for the secret projects I'm quite excited to see what they are, hoping for some good news.

2 hours ago, Qrqe said:

Sengoku Koihime is probably very impossible, but there might be some chances with Shin koihime musou since Baseson is releasing a very big remake (as a 3 full priced game series, which will get released at 2017 2018 2019) of it, and they might try to get whatever they can from the older version of the game.

Well getting Baseson games are pretty complicated because of the +50 VAs and other shits so in the end they might not get anything at all, but still I'd say that there's more possibility than last year for sure. 

Yeah, Sengoku Koihime is pretty unlikely because of its tremedous length and expensive VAs, but the upcoming Shin Koihime Kakumei trilogy might have a chance since each individual title is probably a lot shorter. Since I prefer Koihime Musou's character designs over Sengoku Koihime's by a long mile, I'd be perfectly fine to get Kakumei instead of it.

I also think Shin Koihime Eiyuutan isn't so unlikely considering that it's a lot shorter than the other titles.

Considering Funbag Fantasy did well I'm going to guess one of them is either Gaiden or 2/if (I'd put more money on the 2if version of this pair since that's in all likelihood canon now). 3's a possibility too if they want to be up to date with the series and the numbered entries are pretty stand alone. There's a remote possibility it could be Majo, but considering its dubious place in canon which has me curious if it'll get remade someday I doubt it. Of course if FF's success has Waffle interested in bringing more of their stuff over it could be either the first Maki-chan game since that's another series of theirs that's popular or Mankitsu Happening since it has an anime and seeing as it's written by the writer of Eroge! which did well that could be used for advertising appeal. I hope to God that it's not Gakuen de Jikan yo Tomare though :salt:

Also hope for some Da Capo 3 fandisks (would Dearest Marriage be possible since it follows Otome's route anyway?), anything Koihime related and maybe Ero Manga! from Clock Up. Something from Moonstone  would be nice too.

As for unlikelies that I hope for: something from Propeller, something from Lilith, something from Caramel Box, a partnership with Atelier Kaguya, Navel comes back to MG with Shuffle Essence+ ^_^