Mangagamer secrets project

Novel21

Mangagamer's upcoming projects we can likely take from their current business partners as I think they prefer to keep new partnerships completely unexpected. I could of course be wrong but I find it likely that if those titles start seeing bursts of activity and become near completion in a short amount of time then they are more likely than not short nukige. 

Well, there was that one time they "announced" Imouto Paradise by posting a sliver of the cover in a teaser, not expecting anyone could figure it out.  At the time, Moonstone was a new partner.  I don't think that holds much water anyway, since all we know is that at least six secret projects have progressed past the negotiation phase to the point work has started on them.  That doesn't say anything one way or another about what it is.

Personally, I'd bet on yuri and/or Liarsoft.  Kindred Spirits did well enough the manga got licensed!  (Seven Seas explicitly referenced MangaGamer's release in their announcement, it's probably safe to assume they're related.)

Edited by Nandemonai

23 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Yeah, Sengoku Koihime is pretty unlikely because of its tremedous length and expensive VAs, but the upcoming Shin Koihime Kakumei trilogy might have a chance since each individual title is probably a lot shorter. Since I prefer Koihime Musou's character designs over Sengoku Koihime's by a long mile, I'd be perfectly fine to get Kakumei instead of it.

I also think Shin Koihime Eiyuutan isn't so unlikely considering that it's a lot shorter than the other titles.

I'm pretty sure that Kakumei is even more impossible than Sengoku Koihime, or at least in the next 3-4 years since its their newest title and has way more VAs than their older games (there are 79-80 different heroine at least, not even counting the male characters). As length yeah each individual title will be shorter than the entire shin koihime musou, but still wont be shorter than 30-35 hours for sure since they have said that at total the Kakumei will be something like twice of Shin koihime musou. 

Well to be honest I'd prefer a sequel or FD of Sengoku Koihime before that remake train tho, now probably there wont be any since they already announced their next three years plan.

The older version of Shin Koihime + Eiyuutan is very likely to happen imo, its not like they can do anything with it after the enormous remake, or at least in the japan, anyway.

1 hour ago, Qrqe said:

I'm pretty sure that Kakumei is even more impossible than Sengoku Koihime, or at least in the next 3-4 years since its their newest title and has way more VAs than their older games (there are 79-80 different heroine at least, not even counting the male characters). As length yeah each individual title will be shorter than the entire shin koihime musou, but still wont be shorter than 30-35 hours for sure since they have said that at total the Kakumei will be something like twice of Shin koihime musou. 

The reason why I think Kakumei is more possible than Sengoku Koihime is that they can translate and sell it in three separate parts. If all three parts of Kakumei have twice the size of SKM together, that would mean about 10 MB of text, and 3 - 4 MB of text for each individual title. That's in the region of the first Kohime Musou title and probably even less than Da Capo 3.

Sengoku Koihime however, is according to Clephas already about 50% longer than SKM. That means about 8 MB of text for one single title, which also implies twice as high VA costs. That would be way more expensive than each individual Kakumei title provided VA's are of comparable quality which is very likely.

On 1/28/2017 at 9:02 PM, BookwormOtaku said:

Considering Funbag Fantasy did well I'm going to guess one of them is either Gaiden or 2/if (I'd put more money on the 2if version of this pair since that's in all likelihood canon now). 3's a possibility too if they want to be up to date with the series and the numbered entries are pretty stand alone. There's a remote possibility it could be Majo, but considering its dubious place in canon which has me curious if it'll get remade someday I doubt it. Of course if FF's success has Waffle interested in bringing more of their stuff over it could be either the first Maki-chan game since that's another series of theirs that's popular or Mankitsu Happening since it has an anime and seeing as it's written by the writer of Eroge! which did well that could be used for advertising appeal. I hope to God that it's not Gakuen de Jikan yo Tomare though :salt:

Also hope for some Da Capo 3 fandisks (would Dearest Marriage be possible since it follows Otome's route anyway?), anything Koihime related and maybe Ero Manga! from Clock Up. Something from Moonstone  would be nice too.

As for unlikelies that I hope for: something from Propeller, something from Lilith, something from Caramel Box, a partnership with Atelier Kaguya, Navel comes back to MG with Shuffle Essence+ ^_^

Tfw you're hoping for MG to return with OreTsuba and realize that your wish will never be granted. :vinty:

For those secret projects, I could see one being from the Kyonyuu Fantasy universe as well and one other one may be from Moonstone or another long-time partner. Dunno about the other ones so I'll keep my hype levels low so that I don't end up like last year.

8 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

The reason why I think Kakumei is more possible than Sengoku Koihime is that they can translate and sell it in three separate parts. If all three parts of Kakumei have twice the size of SKM together, that would mean about 10 MB of text, and 3 - 4 MB of text for each individual title. That's in the region of the first Kohime Musou title and probably even less than Da Capo 3.

Yep as the term of text its definitely translatable, I agree with it. But the problem is there's no way Baseson would give their newest title, or at least before the entire series got released (which will take 3 years) since its very risky. Making a remake (specially with that big cast and cost) is already a risky move and they are selling it as 3 individual full priced games, which makes it pretty much a succesful or die type thing.  This is why I'm saying the Shin koihime musou is more likely, with the new enormous remake its pretty much a dead game anyway and has no risks at all.

Speaking about Sengoku Koihime, it was one of my selfish wish if I talk about the VN that I want to be translated beforehand. But if the localization cost for Sengoku Koihime was quite expensive, guess I better give up hoping for the localization for now (Although someday I hope it'll be translated though).

• 1 month later...

lol apparently Waffle may have spoiled the one of the secret projects.

http://www.waffle1999.com/blog/waffleb/archives/2000.html

According to Google:

Big tits fantasy English edition was sold only for download distribution until now, but soon the packaged version will be on sale as well.

Also, the English version of Big Breasts Fantasy Gaiden is also delivered, so the big tits series seems to be supported by overseas users as well.
I feel that the charm of "big tits" is common to all countries.

So we can expect physical of FF and FFG reveal.

Edited by VLOCKUP

7 hours ago, VLOCKUP said:

Big tits fantasy English edition was sold only for download distribution until now, but soon the packaged version will be on sale as well.

Hey nice find! Hehe, it's no wonder that MangaGamer would make a physical version of this as it seems that it did quite well for them in terms of digital sales.

Edited by Nier

That's almost certainly one of their upcoming announcements, but it can't be one of their secret projects.  Releasing a hard copy of a game you've translated already doesn't involve translating or editing anything.  All six of the secret projects have a TL and edit percentage.  So they must be new games.

But we can expect at least one as-yet-unannounced hard copy at some con where they've got a panel.

12 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

That's almost certainly one of their upcoming announcements, but it can't be one of their secret projects.  Releasing a hard copy of a game you've translated already doesn't involve translating or editing anything.  All six of the secret projects have a TL and edit percentage.  So they must be new games.

But we can expect at least one as-yet-unannounced hard copy at some con where they've got a panel.

Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden is a pretty likely candidate though, and I, for one, will play it. I wonder how they'll localize the title...

1 hour ago, Nandemonai said:

Well, I did certainly said one of it, being the Gaiden version:Kappa:. Might be currently in the works.

46 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden is a pretty likely candidate though, and I, for one, will play it. I wonder how they'll localize the title...

Might be the same Funbag. Or something else.

Missed the bit about Gaiden.  That'll teach me to post when I'm hungry.

In that case, I'll bet it's one of the secret projects that's nearing completion.  After all, that's what happened to the original Funbag Fantasy (when it was announced, it was already almost done.)

Edit: The Japanese does indeed say that the English version of Gaiden is already done.  So there's that.  That's gotta be the one project that started out at 100/100 (not the one that hit 100/100 a week or two ago).

Edited by Nandemonai