Battle of Wits

Deniz

I just finished Sharin no Kuni and really enjoyed the battle of wits and plot twists at the chapter five.I read g senjou before so what is any other good translated vn's in this genre?

I also love the 'grey' antagonists rather than good and evil just like in both of the Akabeisoft2 games.

Edited by Deniz

Strictly speaking, battle of wits is a rare story element.  Here are some VNs that contain the element to some extent, but in most cases it is only to a minor degree or in only one or two of the paths.

To some extent, Hello, Lady is a battle of wits... but the protagonist is mostly acting against unsuspecting enemies.

Ou no Mimi ni wa Todokanai is a more recent one made by AXL that does have a battle of wits in some of the heroine paths, but it isn't about battles of wits centrally. 

Sinclient has spy games, Iluminati, and stuff like that... and the protagonist is at the center of it all.

Semiramis no Tenbin has Ami... though she is all about manipulating people into various compromising situations.

Re;Birth Colony has a few battles of wits... mostly because the protagonist is a hacker using a false identity to live the good life and act as a spy for a cyborg loli yakuza who happens to be his adoptive mother.

Izuna Zanshinken has one serious battle of wits that builds up throughout that particular heroine path (the orange-haired girl's path).  It gets pretty gruesome though.

Ojousama wa Gokigen Naname... its protagonist is a black-hearted butler who will literally do anything to protect his ojousama and little sister from his mistress's sociopathic aunt.  I honestly recommend this one for you.

Reminiscence (the series).  The protagonist is a negotiator and as a result...  I do recommend you read the entire Akagoei series first though.

Edited by Clephas

The most prominent translated titles with some battle of wits besides the two AkabeiSoft2 classics are probably the Innocent Grey titles Kara no Shoujo and Cartagra. Not for the faint-hearted though.

Comyu might also fit the bill to a lesser extent if you count the conflict between Akihito and Itsuki.

Saya no Uta also has kind of a battle of wits between Fuminori and Saya against... the rest of the world?! Good but also not for the faint-hearted.

Hanachirasu might also fit because it's about a blood feud between two sword masters, but it's more about sword fighting. It's also quite flawed IMHO.

Umineko is this pretty much (it picks up after the first episode and goes enough places to figuratively dwarf a space opera). 

Danganronpa also comes to mind. It's basically a series in which a group of prodigious high schoolers are forced to kill each other and get away with it. The games have "Class Trials", which are basically minigame segments where you go through evidence and testimonies with the other students and solve murder cases. It's over-the-top, it's bombastic, it's stylish, and it's amazing.

I want to recommend the obvious G-Senjou no Maou, but looks like you already play that. If so, then perhaps you could try Ace Attorney franchise then seeing that both of Dangan Ronpa and Umineko take some elements from Ace Attorney itself. Other than that, according to VNDB Majikoi also had some battle of wits. Hope it'll be help.

I haven't seen anyone mention Soul Link yet.  Unfortunately, if you don't already have a copy of it, good luck getting one.  Sure doesn't seem too likely that Navel will get back with MangaGamer anytime soon, and I don't think Soul Link would be a title they'd try to re-release (given that it apparently didn't go over so well the first time).