Sharin no Kuni. Hating on Touka!

VaroOP

Well I am almost at the end of chapter 3 in the VN and man is Touka fucking Oone annoying ! Getting perplexed between which mom you want !? The one whose face is not even shown or the one who was there from the start of chapter 1 ? For fucks sake just choose Kyouka and be fucker flying fucking fuck done with it !!!! OMG

4 hours ago, VaroOP said:

Well I am almost at the end of chapter 3 in the VN and man is Touka fucking Oone annoying ! Getting perplexed between which mom you want !? The one whose face is not even shown or the one who was there from the start of chapter 1 ? For fucks sake just choose Kyouka and be fucker flying fucking fuck done with it !!!! OMG

I like you.
Tell me that you hate Sachi as well, after she willingly

Spoiler

sold her little sister

because she was lazy as fuck.

Well, Sachi at least has nice tits.

I chose Sachi, but couldn't bring myself to finish the game. Probably my no. 1 hated character is that moron, Sepia. And I didn't even get to know his little secret.

All 3 heroines are trash. Way lower even than Yume Miru Kusuri.

This is a very low-key eroge with an allegedly deep story (no, it's trash), I can't see why it's so very loved.

At least it pretty much influenced the RPGs Criminal Girls, those at least don't hide what they are and let you fondle the girls at will.

7 hours ago, VaroOP said:

The whole situation is just stupid in that chapter, her mother is rksking to put her in a concentration camp for petty reasons, the obligation to temain a child is the dumbest of the game.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

It is indeed completely unexpected that someone with deep psychological issues could behave in an unhealthy way, or cause troubles for those around her. I wonder what they were thinking.

Both Sachi and Touka are messed-up heroines, and should be considered as such. Natsumi, on the other hand, is more of a victim of the system. You are obviously free to not like the game, but I personally didn't find anything wrong with it. Yep, some situations are taken to the extreme to raise the tension, but that's the case for many books/movies/tv series. I loved the game, and in fact chose Touka. Something for everyone, I guess.

4 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

I like you.
Tell me that you hate Sachi as well, after she willingly

Reveal hidden contents

sold her little sister

because she was lazy as fuck.

Spoiler

I find this to be pretty insulting, as someone that's had issues with self-sabotage and struggled with motivation problems.  It's pretty ignorant to assume that people act like that because they just don't care enough or are just too lazy to lift a finger.

I actually like Sachi the most, because she feels the most real, IMO, and I can sympathize with her.  They admittedly took the whole "make a painting or else" thing too far, but it would have been pretty boring to read about her slowly sabotaging herself over time.  It's fairly obvious why looseboy wrote it the way he did, even if I don't think it was as good as it could have been.

9 hours ago, Duyy said:

I feel you man, but surprisingly after her chapter she becomes more tolerable even if you choose to go down her route.

Heck, I've even come to like her in the fan disk and stuff. 

I am gonna read Natsumi's route first then I might just not play Touka's route at all... Well right now I am just glad she isn't at the center of the story anymore! 

But thanks for you input I might give her route a try since you opinion is at the back of my mind now. 

1 hour ago, Zenophilious said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I find this to be pretty insulting, as someone that's had issues with self-sabotage and struggled with motivation problems.  It's pretty ignorant to assume that people act like that because they just don't care enough or are just too lazy to lift a finger.

I actually like Sachi the most, because she feels the most real, IMO, and I can sympathize with her.  They admittedly took the whole "make a painting or else" thing too far, but it would have been pretty boring to read about her slowly sabotaging herself over time.  It's fairly obvious why looseboy wrote it the way he did, even if I don't think it was as good as it could have been.

Love you too man~! Glad to know someone else hates Touka as well! About Sachi, I don't know man...Tbh I found Mana annoying. Sachi picked her up to make her life a little less lonely but got attached to her and then used her as a motivation to get back on track in life. Fair play to Sachi. An orphan like that could endup in a brothel or worse otherwise. Well as to why I found Mana annoying its simple. I don't like kids like that. She wasn't a tad bit selfish and angel incarnate. Too unrealistic for me man. Sachi is alright. People sell their real siblings in real life for selfish purposes in the VN Sachi is much better than that.

3 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

All of them are victim of the system, they are pointlessly restrained for petty reasons.

Yep, but what I mean is that Touka and Sachi would probably still struggle with their problems regardless of the system (obv the system made them worse, but they would still be there even in the best society possible), while the roots of Natsumi's situation lie in the ordeal she had to endure, and that's all the system's fault. That's at least how I see it.

Edited by Overlord87

I was under the impression all heroines were made to be as hateable as possible whilst their problems persisted.

This is clearly some sort of "social experiment" written where people are taken to their utmost extremes and show their ugliest side. You can be sure they all pissed me off, but I didn't really blame them, and after their issues were done and over with they were normal enough folks.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure they were written is such a way that it's normal to hate them, but thankfully all's well that ends well. Main reason I could like it through all that is that they mostly get through it.

Am I the only one who liked every character except from Mana? Maybe I'm just a casual git but it was a rather enjoyable VN for me.

They all had at least some interesting characteristic about them and while the problems didn't always make sense, and I got frustrated by some of the choices the heroines and other characters made, it was still quite .. interesting.

It has been like two years since I've read it so my opinion may not be very up-to-date but it was still a memorable experience and certainly a VN I might revisit sometime. Fuck the fandisk to hell though, what a load of f-ing crap. The only thing enjoyable was the extra story, all of the after bits of the main heroines ruined it, and I'm still trying to forget that.

Touka was best girl by the way, just so you know.

1) Nothing wrong with having different likes from other people. Don't get too carried away with what other people say.

2) I dislike messed-up people IRL, I dislike messed-up heroines. Maybe it's my fault for equating virtual people to real ones. But can't help thinking that way. Even though they are not real, any heroine is written to resemble a real person. I can understand some tweaking of real life conditions in order to make a big happy end or something like that, but even so I think that there's a limit to how unrealistic you can be.

I say "I dislike messed-up heroines", but probably it's wrong: their portrayal and the prose used matter. I got through the entirety of Little Busters and their problems were even more over the top. But somehow it all had a nice ring to it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2017 at 2:55 AM, Zenophilious said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Literally me irl xddd

I wouldn't use something so soft as "ignorant". I think people who think that way are outright idiots who didn't bother to read into anything or try to understand the character at all. I'm being sorta a hypocrite in this way because I literally CTRL'd through any part that involved Natsumi, but still.