Darkeye Translations stops work on Kurukuru Fanatic

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I want to spread this information before the upload expires.

Dark Eye Translations has been working on Kurukuru Fanatic and announced today to cancel further work on the title.

But he uploaded his progress so far here:

According to his information the title has been completely translated and he was in the stage of editing. (With editing about 10% done.)

With zero experience in VN translations it looks like there are still some files (6 out of 364) that need translation, but still it would be sad to see this project die so close to the finishing line. Maybe trough increased exposure this project can find someone to still complete it.

Been following the TL since the very beginning...pretty sad seeing the guy letting it go after years of work....oh welp...

15 minutes ago, Asonn said:

I'll play the game and if I like it, I 'll most likely translate the 6 scripts.

Wait a second..you'd translate something for free?!

:marie:

39 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

You could always give me that bag of peanuts, out of the goodness of your heart :3

That way it's not wasted. You wouldn't want those peanuts to go to waste, would you? 0.0

I don't see how giving them to you would stop them from being wasted...

Well, this does seem like an interesting game... which is why I'm all the more annoyed that I found out about it by learning it stopped being translated. :vinty:

@2KE1

You asked on reddit for the files that are still missing translation.

The following files are missing in the completed folder (but are in the decrypted folder).

020700.scn, 140605.scn, 140606.scn, 320200b.scn, 360400.scn, 450201.scn

So I guess they still need translation. But the last two files already are in English. So I don't know what is up with that.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

I've been working on the edition and I'm pretty much done with it, I'm just missing some translations ( the 3 files + one short passage ) and a test run to check everything but my japanese is not good enough to translate it on my own :|

Edited by Alconix

11 minutes ago, Alconix said:

I've been working on the edition and I'm pretty much done with it, I'm just missing some translations ( the 3 files + one short passage ) and a test run to check everything but my japanese is not good enough to translate it on my own :|

Hold up, are you saying you're almost done with the editing in just 2 days? Are you sure you're editing the right scripts?

Edited by 2KE1

14 minutes ago, Alconix said:

Idk, I've put all the translated text in the game with a matching layout, what do I have to do next ?

Every single script besides the ones in the folder titled "Edited Complete Documents" need editing. Are you still planning on continuing this or not? I'd rather not waste my time working on this when someone else is working on it too.

Edited by 2KE1

1 minute ago, 2KE1 said:

Every single script besides the ones in the folder titled "Edited Complete Documents" need editing. Are you still planning on continuing this or not? I'd rather not waste my time working on this when someone else is too.

If editing is just adjusting the text to fit in the textbox, I've done it, if not I don't know what to do so I'll leave it to you

( It's my first time doing this and I didn't find any doc on it so I don't really know what it is exactly :s )

Just now, Alconix said:

If editing is just adjusting the text to fit in the textbox, I've done it, if not I don't know what to do so I'll leave it to you

( It's my first time doing this and I didn't find any doc on it so I don't really know what it is exactly :s )

Editing is when you take the translated text and edit it to either make it flow more naturally or fix errors.

17 minutes ago, Alconix said:

Editing contains going through every line of translated (english) text, and correct (grammatical) errors, misspellings and typos. Also It contains making sure that the text reads good (flows) with means you must rewrite parts of the translation while containing the original meaning. I am sure that there more aspects to it than I said, but that is the heart of editing at least as far as I am aware. (I have no experience with editing and VN translations in general.) From what you wrote, I don’t think you have done that right? (Just for the sake of clarity. I am not criticizing you.)

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

20 minutes ago, 2KE1 said:

Editing is when you take the translated text and edit it to either make it flow more naturally or fix errors.

12 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Editing contains going through every line of translated (english) text, and correct (grammatical) errors, misspellings and typos. Also It contains making sure that the text reads good (flows) with means you must rewrite parts of the translation while containing the original meaning. I am sure that there more aspects to it than I said, but that is the heart of editing at least as far as I am aware. (I have no experience with editing and VN translations in general.) From what you wrote, I don’t think you have done that right? (Just for the sake of clarity. I am not criticizing you.)

Yeah, I've just rearranged the text to fix the text going out of the textbox and the words cut halfway and I don't think my english level is good enough for me to be able to correct grammatical errors and to rephrase correctly everything so I think I'll leave it to you 2KE1 ^^'

Here's what I've done if someone wants to do something with it :

https://mega.nz/#!IM9CXLhB!-3xLJDAJ4rRwZ5pCwzuFU9eOtpPBdFl3oOu5U9NbFGk

Good luck to finish the work, I'll be following the progress :)