Petition to unbann Yandere Simulator from Twitch

mitchhamilton

for those who may not know what im going on about, the game yandere simulator was banned on twitch for seemingly no reason. the developer is one guy and he has been trying to find the reasoning for the ban on his game to no avail. it seems there isnt much of a reason as to why it is banned on twitch with games with content that would be considered more controversial than all the content in yandere simulator. this video can further explain the troubles he has faced.

if you think that the ban was uncalled for and should be at least looked at further, please sign this petition to get it unbanned. :wafuu: spread it as much as you can if you think this game deserves it!

https://www.change.org/p/twitch-tv-unban-yandere-simulator-from-twitch?recruiter=669550847&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Edited by mitchhamilton

While I'm not 100% convinced that Yandere Sim has an absolute right to be on twitch, with characters that could be precieved as being under 18 killing and kidnapping each other, I do despise the type of reaction twitch seems to be giving Yanderedev. It is simply bizarre that no reason is being given to the banning of of the game.

3 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

While I'm not 100% convinced that Yandere Sim has an absolute right to be on twitch, with characters that could be precieved as being under 18 killing and kidnapping each other, I do despise the type of reaction twitch seems to be giving Yanderedev. It is simply bizarre that no reason is being given to the banning of of the game.

ikr? thats the worst part of it really.

This petition is unlikely to do anything. The video already has 1.5 million views despite being posted today. It has gone viral and there is a large amount of backlash being aimed at Twitch. They are certainly now more acutely aware of the problem than they have ever been, and a petition with a thousand or two signatures won't change the way they look at it, in the face of millions of people watching and becoming incensed over a youtube video. This is like the equivalent of a single dude taking potshots at the German army with a bb gun during the Battle of the Bulge.

You're doing good enough work by spreading the video around and discussing its main talking points, increasing awareness of the problem. That is what will actually inspire change. It's probably best not to focus too much on the petition specifically, put your attention to where it will do the most good if you want to do anything about this.

2 hours ago, Decay said:

This petition is unlikely to do anything. The video already has 1.5 million views despite being posted today. It has gone viral and there is a large amount of backlash being aimed at Twitch. They are certainly now more acutely aware of the problem than they have ever been, and a petition with a thousand or two signatures won't change the way they look at it, in the face of millions of people watching and becoming incensed over a youtube video. This is like the equivalent of a single dude taking potshots at the German army with a bb gun during the Battle of the Bulge.

You're doing good enough work by spreading the video around and discussing its main talking points, increasing awareness of the problem. That is what will actually inspire change. It's probably best not to focus too much on the petition specifically, put your attention to where it will do the most good if you want to do anything about this.

hmm, i guess. idk, i get your point with the video but still, to have something to present that says "These people took their time to fill this out to show that they care and think blah, blah, blah" is something else. plus, the petition has a link that people can use to spread around! its a revolution! :mare:

maybe. :rimu:

2 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

I doubt the petition itself will be what might revoke twitch's mistake but it's a nice idea nontheless and it helps spread the issue and video in question.

Good work Mitchy. 

ah, thank you darky. ^ ^ i hope it does something at least. :wafuu:

I saw everything!!
Here is what happened:
First Mitch said "Wooow", then bigfat went "kapaauuhh", after that a lot of "KaBOOM" and "Kaplaaaaash", finally completely silence, at that point I was a little afraid of what might happen but then I heard a "glup glup glup" and everything was fine again.

:rize:

PS: voted, funny thing is that the sakura games are banned from twitch xD I didn't know that.

14 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

I saw everything!!
Here is what happened:
First Mitch said "Wooow", then bigfat went "kapaauuhh", after that a lot of "KaBOOM" and "Kaplaaaaash", finally completely silence, at that point I was a little afraid of what might happen but then I heard a "glup glup glup" and everything was fine again.

:rize:

PS: voted, funny thing is that the sakura games are banned from twitch xD I didn't know that.

huh, didnt know that either. btw, thanks for the accurate re-enactment deepy. can always count on you. <3

1 minute ago, exaccuss said:

All it takes is a simple google search from the twitch people for them to realize its not apprioriate to be on twitch. Not trying to be rude, but it was bound to happen.

did you watch the video? the guy gives numerous examples of other games that involve the same thing as his game and none of them are banned.

1 minute ago, exaccuss said:

All it takes is a simple google search from the twitch people for them to realize its not apprioriate to be on twitch. Not trying to be rude, but it was bound to happen.

I don't know, I mean South Park the stick of truth is allowed to be on twitch. He gives some other examples of games that straddle the line of what is acceptable, but really it's South Park that really confuses me. 

Just now, Soulless Watcher said:

I don't know, I mean South Park the stick of truth is allowed to be on twitch. He gives some other examples of games that straddle the line of what is acceptable, but really it's South Park that really confuses me. 

yeah, like he said, there are times in that game where you can see children being anally probed. just doesnt make sense that all of that can be shown yet yandere is somehow the one that gets banned. it sadly does seem like it might be because of the sticks of truths popularity and the viewers it brings in.

Just now, mitchhamilton said:

yeah, like he said, there are times in that game where you can see children being anally probed. just doesnt make sense that all of that can be shown yet yandere is somehow the one that gets banned. it sadly does seem like it might be because of the sticks of truths popularity and the viewers it brings in.

I can think of only two possible reasons either it is simply because of the name recognition and possibly because South Park is widely known for being offensive or because the character art is simplistic enough that the offensive content looses some of its' edge. 

Just now, Soulless Watcher said:

I can think of only two possible reasons either it is simply because of the name recognition and possibly because South Park is widely known for being offensive or because the character art is simplistic enough that the offensive content looses some of its' edge. 

yeah maybe. we dont know sadly and if that is their excuse, its a pretty bad one. of course, we cant be sure what the reasoning is.

He had interesting arguments in his video...BUT 2 arguments were basically crap.

The "Anime Biais" and the "Those people"

Here, lemme state my argument : When you try to convince someone from your point of view, you have to avoid 2 things : Generalization and targetting a specific population (I know, PC bullshit and all, but that's what you do when you reclaim yourself from a Greek-Roman heritage and want to save the great european civilization), the very fact he has to use 2 arguments that will find a big echo and that means nothing at all here, is kind of sad, it's like there's no way for someone to argument himself without having to pose as the victim, and while i don't know if there's no anime biais or "those" people, in his place, i wouldn't use such weak arguments, i mean, it's the basis of argumenting, trying to convince the other from your point of view without using a scarecrow, and thus, i'm not entirely satisfied with his video, that reeks of rage and frustration.

Now, do i agree on Twitch banning that game? obviously no, as i am, in fact, a true believer in freedom of speech, and someone who actually respects actual culture, and yes, if we have the right to expose naked statues and paintings in museums, i see no problem with that game at all, it's, after all, a videogame with unrealistic graphics, there's no way you could associate it with the real life, unless you deserve to go to a hospital, therefore no need to protect our kids and their purity from that shitty game, i mean, it ain't alternate fact, it's just some common sense that Twitch needs to get, and quite sad from them to do that.

>Warns all game designers

>Tries to rationalize a shitty game

> Counts followers and views on Youtube

Please :makina:

A great clash of two, equally hilarious sides. What can I say?

People need to finally understand that internet isn't a separate entity. Services have to abide both to local and international laws and Twitch ain't a special snowflake on that part. It's not the first time though, where a "controversial" game with morally ambigious content gets permanently banned from Twitch's services. That said, why care about Twitch so much? There are other, better streaming services available at the moment. Is it perhaps because he gets the most coverage through it?

"It happened to me, it can happen to you too"

No, not really, as long as you have at least a couple of braincells working. Another perfect example of stirring up a hornet's nest only to discover they do sting.

That said, it's quite mindboogling you're able to stream games like God of War which try to be as realistic as possible, but can't stream silly anime games.

Edited by Narcosis

4 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

Christ. Even twitch knows they're shit.

Signed, anyway - even if he doesn't get anything done about the ban, he at least should have something of an explanation, and as slightly overwrought as the video was he got his point across :sachi:

I think the point the dev was trying to make with the video was that he can't do anything if Twitch won't talk to him. Maybe everything is wrong with the game, maybe it's just some elements, but the dev is willing to work with Twitch to fix whatever issues they have with the game so it can be streamed, he wants the game to suit Twitch's needs, so the issue here is that Twitch won't talk to him about it. 

Some of his comparisons with other games are, well, shit (because context matters). I think it's clear the issue with Yandere Simulator is the combination of all these elements and the focus the game puts on them, not just one or two single "controversial" elements (hence why the comparisons really didn't serve much purpose anyway).

Lastly, Twitch wants money. Him saying it's anything but money is silly. Anime games, especially ones with controversial elements like Yandere Simulator, are likely not something Twitch wants on their platform (they have to be ad-friendly after all). Plus, the game has not proven itself to be big enough for Twitch to "look away" and let it be on its platform. Yes, GTA 5 and God of War are pretty explicit games, but they're big household names, so of course Twitch will let super popular games like that be streamed. Yandere Simulator has not proven itself to be this type of game (youtube views/subs mean jackshit to Twitch), so for now it's going to be lumped with the other "creepy weeb games".

But regardless of whether the game is controversial or not, I think Twitch is in the wrong for not talking to the dev. Even if it was just  to say they can not stream his game, even if it was just to say the entire premise of the game is something they don't like, I believe the dev has the right to an answer from Twitch, who proudly talk about how they support game devs and want them to be successful.

• 3 weeks later...