Re;Zero Visual Novel

Kaoru

14 minutes ago, Dark_blade64 said:

Cash-grab or not. What matters is how enjoyable the end-product it is. I rather play a game that is fun despite being a cash-grab, than certain specific games with long development which lots of money are put into it who tend to be just average or so so. :leecher:

What about having both? :holo:

Having both is indeed the best outcome.  But most of the time, that's not what you get.  People making nukige don't often bother with good stories or plots or even characters, because they know that's not what pulls in the customers.  That's why Funbag Fantasy is so unusual.  Berserk is the same way; usually the ultra-violent stuff doesn't tend to bother with a good story because it doesn't need one.

Game makers are mere mortals, after all.  They have to make money.  They're naturally going to focus their efforts on the things that make them money.  That's the job of marketing, to figure out who buys your stuff, and why.  So if you have a hot license, it's more important to get your game out while the license is still hot than it is to take the time to make a great masterpiece.  This is the same reason anime so often get made out of half-finished manga and light novels; the anime is made during the peak popularity, which is usually going to be in the middle.

So it's a double whammy.  First, time pressure favors cranking something out quickly (which means smaller and easier to make).  Second, you can get away with stuff in a licensed game that you can't in a game that has to stand on its own.  The license has a built-in attraction to people, who will buy it just for the name.

This is not guaranteed to be the way it goes down.  After all, a masterpiece that has a license attached to it can do way better than a mediocre game with a license.  But the mediocre game is a lot easier to make, and will still make you a lot of money.  Hence why they're often described as cheap cash grabs.

Now this is completely offtopic, but consumers have the most responsibility over what succeeds and what doesn't.

After all, the companies sell what people buy.

So, if you consider Sakura games are cancer, just don't come near them, lest they produce more and more and saturate the market.

We are not gourmets though, and every one of us indulge sometimes in rather questionable products, quality-wise. Just keep them at a minimum, please?

Cash-grab or not, if it has Rem in it it'll work. The Light Novel is quite good and so was the anime so even if it's a cash-grab it should still have an interesting story. I just hope they don't go the nukige route and focus on sex, sex, sex and sex. I prefer to build a relationship before plugging her up multiple times.

Should be interesting either way.

11 hours ago, Segai said:

I just hope they don't go the nukige route and focus on sex, sex, sex and sex. I prefer to build a relationship before plugging her up multiple times.

I, uh, doubt that will be a problem.  Has 5pb ever released an adult game?  I'm pretty sure they haven't.  And even if they have, I have a very (very) hard time believing a legit licensed game out of a big property like this would be turned into an h-game.  It just doesn't happen.

10 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

I, uh, doubt that will be a problem.  Has 5pb ever released an adult game?  I'm pretty sure they haven't.  And even if they have, I have a very (very) hard time believing a legit licensed game out of a big property like this would be turned into an h-game.  It just doesn't happen.

That is actually a good point. Didn't read that it was gonna be made by 5pb. Should be rather good then I hope.