Reaction To Re;Zero (I'm aware I am REALLY late to the party.)

Kaoru

Start Shitpost.

Subaru: "Rem."

Rem: "Yes?"

Subaru: "I love Emilia."

Me: "GAWDFUCKINGDAMNIT! WHY?! REM IS SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN EMILIA!"

Okay. That was my reaction to when Subaru chose Emilia over Rem. I will admit, my reaction was childish and comparable to a 10 year old raging in CS:GO when he/she gets owned by a Silver 1.

Now, once I came back to reality and regained my composure, I thought: "Well, thanks for cucking us all, Nagatsuki Tappei. Thanks for literally destroying my predication on how Re;Zero would go. I can live with being wrong about the story as a whole, but the fact that Subaru wants to save her because she saved him is noble. However, at the same time, Rem had died NUMEROUS times saving Subaru while Emilia was off twiddling her thumbs in Re;Petite.

In a whole, I blame Nagatsuki for this. Not that he isn't a good writer, Re;Zero is REALLY good.... until Subaru decides to cuck us all and go down Emilia's route instead of Rem's.

Please Nagatsuki Tappei, if you ever see this, in fact even if you don't, MAKE AN ALTERNATE ENDING! Have Subaru choose Rem! Hell, even Ram is a better girl than Emilia, and Ram got less screen time than Emilia, IIRC. Though, the LN and manga is a lot better than the anime. The anime was pretty good, some holes, but overall pretty well done... until Subaru chose Emilia over Rem.

To summarize, Subaru needs to be hit by a Subaru.

End Shitpost.

As much as I like Rem and I had no delusions that Subaru would not still choose Emilia over Rem. Usually the heroine that will be "picked" in a love triangle is usually blatantly obvious 99% of the time in the first episode of any anime. Rem wasn't even introduced until well into the first cour of the anime, she didn't have a chance. 

Edited by Soulless Watcher

Just now, Soulless Watcher said:

As much as I like Rem and I had no delusions that Subaru would still choose Emilia over Rem. Usually the heroine that will be "picked" in a love triangle is usually blatantly obvious 99% of the time in the first episode of any anime. Rem wasn't even introduced until well into the first cour of the anime, she didn't have a chance. 

Well, I'm sure it's the same in the LN and manga. Way to cuck us all Nagatsuki. Just wait for the VN to cuck us all as well.

1 minute ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Tbh, after how many shit i got through Steins;Gate 0, you can say that the "good" me is back, thus, Re;Zero don't trigger me anymore. :holo: 

I'm so proud of you Kuritsun-chan. *Tears up*

I'm just posting how I felt after Re;Zero finished airing. I'm just lazy and didn't make a post until now.

Just now, KaoDoroSesu said:

I'm so proud of you Kuritsun-chan. *Tears up*

I'm just posting how I felt after Re;Zero finished airing. I'm just lazy and didn't make a post until now.

You know, i should've done that too, watching that show while the fandom was active was a very, very bad idea. Quite happy if you enjoyed your ride on it.

1 minute ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

You know, i should've done that too, watching that show while the fandom was active was a very, very bad idea. Quite happy if you enjoyed your ride on it.

Waiting until after the shitposting streams have past works for me. I didn't enjoy the ride, but I did enjoy the LN (which is still on going), manga and anime. LN is masterrace though.

From what i've heard the LN has quite a lof of details and all, for me, the anime fell a bit...off, still a good adaptation, White Fox is still doing a fine job with adaptations (And they have 2 more anime to make that have Zero in their title, including a certain one i wait a lot, don't fuck it Whity Foxy) 

Just now, Kurisu-Chan said:

From what i've heard the LN has quite a lof of details and all, for me, the anime fell a bit...off, still a good adaptation, White Fox is still doing a fine job with adaptations (And they have 2 more anime to make that have Zero in their title, including a certain one i wait a lot, don't fuck it Whity Foxy) 

Something that should have happened is that Re;Zero should have aired AFTER the LN ended. That way, it'd be a series that people could stick around for a while to see and it'd be much more in depth. I agree the anime wasn't a bad adaptation, missing some details, but overall it was a good adaptation. I'd give it an A--.

2 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

I give Re;Zero A for realization, C for boring story, and steins;gate/10 for Rem...thou she would've been a Steins;gate0/10 material, she missed a bit more personality, she's too submissive. 

You know, MAL calls Rem a supporting character even though she gets more screen time than Emilia which is considered a main character.

Something is certainly wrong with MAL.

Just now, KaoDoroSesu said:

You know, MAL calls Rem a supporting character even though she gets more screen time than Emilia which is considered a main character.

Something is certainly wrong with MAL.

I generally dislike submissive herbivore heroines.

The very fact i gave such a rating for Rem is enough explanation at how good she was, nah? 

Also, MAL, really?

3 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

I generally dislike submissive herbivore heroines.

The very fact i gave such a rating for Rem is enough explanation at how good she was, nah? 

Also, MAL, really?

Yes, MAL really. I just jump on sites for random shit. I just watch and read what I find interesting.

Read the WN. Rem is without doubt the "main character" of arc 3, but Emilia certainly took back the main heroine spot on arc 4 and 5. Her character got more developed later on. Well, I still love both of them, though.

And about alternate ending; there is actually one where Subaru eloped with Rem on that one scene. Again, just check out the WN - the author actually wrote one. It's very heartwarming, and Rem certainly attained her well-deserved happiness.

2 hours ago, Shiru said:

Read the WN. Rem is without doubt the "main character" of arc 3, but Emilia certainly took back the main heroine spot on arc 4 and 5. Her character got more developed later on. Well, I still love both of them, though.

And about alternate ending; there is actually one where Subaru eloped with Rem on that one scene. Again, just check out the WN - the author actually wrote one. It's very heartwarming, and Rem certainly attained her well-deserved happiness.

I'm one of those who hates alternate endings, it's simply the authour wishing to fulfill the fantasies of people, nothing more. 

12 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

I'm one of those who hates alternate endings, it's simply the authour wishing to fulfill the fantasies of people, nothing more. 

Still, you must admit that the author cucked us all with the "I love Emilia".

Edit: I guess it was actually really predictable.

Edited by KaoDoroSesu