Disappointing Endings

Naoe

8 hours ago, spademan said:

kikokugai also ended in a very lame and bad way and honestly hated the explanation for why the main antagonist did what he did.

I felt similarly, but then I looked past the way the ending was presented, and I was less disappointed.  I mean, it was still a bit of a letdown, but it wasn't as bad as I originally thought it was.  It still fits the tone of the rest of the VN, IMO.

It did kind of ruin the main antagonist, though, I can't argue with that.

Clannad's endings were fine :( Stup the bullying.

Otherwise most of Little Buster's characters' endings where quite the let down.

Edited by Guest

Clannad bashing thread, huh? It really makes me want to come back to reading it. :P

Anywayz.
1) Danganronpa 2. In every aspect other than 'no FPP exploration' it was better than first game. And then the final chapter/trial/ending happened. So baffling, so stupid, so convoluted, so bad it made me go through trial by walkthrough, because I jsut didn't cared anymore.
2) Swan Song True end. Shitty, overlly happy and out of place forced ending to perfectly builded, depressing game. 'Normal end' is my headcanon true end. Official 'True End' is shit. Fields of Himawari my ass. VNs made me hate sunflowers. ;d
3) Muv Luv Alternative. Final chapter was very rushed, skpping big parts of the story, and then giving emotional-less [big spoiler]

Spoiler

character deaths

which were so bad written, that gave me only completly 'meh' reaction. Other than this aspect - I really liked the finale.
4) Ever17 - Final route was very mediocre. Instead of giving explanations to already presented 'unknowns', it suddenly shows a lot of new plot points and didn't gave a time to start caring about them. Rushed, baffling, unnconvincing, dissapointing.

Special recommendation to;
Sharin no kuni - Whole VN (except for maybe really funny comedic first chapter) was shit, but this ending was an icing on the cake. This whole 'fuck this I'm out' after series of totally ridiculous and unbelievable scenes was like a perfect ending for this title.

Edited by Vorathiel

Key may make *elegant* moe, but it's moe nonetheless. As such, some girls and stories are pretty forgettable; but I really tend to like their heroines.

You may hate what Key delivers, but you can't deny they *try* to bring quality content. At least, until Charlotte... :leecher:

Yosuga no Sora ends kind of lame. After a lot of excellent build-up, the internal struggles of our main pair are just left hanging in the air and then they just leave setting before cutting to black. Cliffhanger, non-resolution and broken pace; I would go as far as to call this badly written on top of being disappointing. 

Isara's route from Koichoco has a disappointing ending. After everything you've been through, you should've at least won in the end. I know you can't win everything and always in real life, but this isn't real life and winning actually felt earned after all that happened.

On 22/1/2017 at 3:14 PM, Kawasumi said:

sachis bad end

fucking 

sachis bad end

If talking about Sharin no Kuni, the

footjob

is more than enough for me. :maple:

I think you're talking about Grisaia though.

Remember 11 is a mess. Nobody cares about the ending because the plot doesn't making frakking sense.

Didn't Satoru want to save Lin? And how come there's a space-time machine in the basement of SPHIA,

a psychiatric hospital? Who the heck attends the patients in SPHIA, if Kali is a patient herself and Satoru is a physics researcher? Is this some kind of psychiatric hippie community?? Does the Japanese govt give a toss about the people living there?

On 1/22/2017 at 11:42 AM, TexasDice said:

Yosuga no Sora ends kind of lame. After a lot of excellent build-up, the internal struggles of our main pair are just left hanging in the air and then they just leave setting before cutting to black. Cliffhanger, non-resolution and broken pace; I would go as far as to call this badly written on top of being disappointing. 

Isara's route from Koichoco has a disappointing ending. After everything you've been through, you should've at least won in the end. I know you can't win everything and always in real life, but this isn't real life and winning actually felt earned after all that happened.

you right about that last statement. Yeah life doesn't always have happy endings... but its a F*cking video game!