Himawari FuwaReview Discussion Thread

Decay

HimawariFeaturedImageEdition_001-810x459

https://fuwanovel.net/reviews/2017/01/18/himawari-the-sunflower/

So this game was moderately hyped and I personally was really excited for it. I didn't exactly like it as much as a lot of other people, though. For funsies, here's a list of VNs I think are better than this legendary doujin kamige, according to my VNDB ratings:

• Princess Evangile
  • Noble ☆ Works
  • Osananajimi wa Daitouryou: My Girlfriend is the President.
  • Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! S
  • Deardrops

Games I think are exactly as good as Himawari, according to my VNDB ratings:

• Edelweiss
  • Duel Savior

What great company Himawari keeps. :makina:

Edited by Decay

Sums up most of the problems I have (am having) with it. 

I'm kind of iffy on the SoL scenes. Some are great, but ultimately I feel like it suffers from there only being like 5 characters in the 2050 portion. 

That and the repetition of some stuff... As much as I enjoy hearing Tamura Yukari scream out KAKUGOOOO, there only needed to be one toy gun fight scene in the school. 

25 minutes ago, Decay said:

HimawariFeaturedImageEdition_001-810x459

https://fuwanovel.net/reviews/2017/01/18/himawari-the-sunflower/

So this game was moderately hyped and I personally was really excited for it. I didn't exactly like it as much as a lot of other people, though. For funsies, here's a list of VNs I think are better than this legendary doujin kamige, according to my VNDB ratings:

• Princess Evangile
  • Noble ☆ Works
  • Osananajimi wa Daitouryou: My Girlfriend is the President.
  • Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! S
  • Deardrops

Games I think are exactly as good as Himawari, according to my VNDB ratings:

• Edelweiss
  • Duel Savior

What great company Himawari keeps. :makina:

It's not fair to compare PE with Himawari, one is kamige and the other a doujin desu.

I always liked reading your reviews, even though I disagree with you probably most of the times.
Anyway - good read, thanks.

Next point:
You have almost the same grade as me (5.3), but in majority for different reasons. :P Agree about pacing and art though. Disagree about after stories. 2048-2050 was a fart, but Komorebi is best part of the game for me. It lays down new interesting (much more interesting!) concepts, do it in much better (almost moe-less) way and is very well paced. Next in 'best to worst' hierarchy I would put 2048, while having Daigo who ruins everything, it was still nice, melancholic, moody and interesting piece of work. On the last place of the podium - Kagerou. Not as good as Komorebi, but still have a lot of pluses. 
But afterstories being afterstories, with completly new cahracters and big plot points - this resulted in 'additional' -0,2 from me for a 'structure' of this VN. It was messy, uncohesive, jumbled and not thought out well enough.

32 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Seeing more and more people bash on it, I'm not even sure if I want to read this vn anymore. And I used to be really excited for it for several reasons. Well...

My opinion? Just read it and find out whether it's good or not for you. Besides, the scores at VNDB was still at 8 anyway. So yeah, just read it once again.

PS - Interesting review I guess if I may say to Decay.

6 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

My opinion? Just read it and find out whether it's good or not for you. Besides, the scores at VNDB was still at 8 anyway. So yeah, just read it once again.

PS - Interesting review I guess if I may say to Decay.

Well, of course I'm still going to read it, I'm not just going to trust what everyone says. I just can't help but feel a bit less excited after understanding that this vn might not be as good as I hope it to be.