Utawarerumono: Both Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth getting localized!!!

Clephas

7 hours ago, Decay said:

The scene that is being censored is the spanking scene in the first of the two games. It's a pretty incidental scene. It's the only bit of censorship Atlus is claiming the two games will have, and they're basically forced to do it to comply to standards.

Honestly I'm a huge no no on censorship for games, HOWEVER, that's for games where the publisher/company does not let us know why the fuck they are censoring whatever the fuck they are censoring. Atlus giving us an explanation and it making sense is basically all I ask for a publisher before I buy a game. I've not bought, or bought from 3'rd party as to support the 3'rd party but not the publisher, a censored game in quite awhile unless it is explained why it was censored. It isn't hard Nintendo :|

I read the original VN quite some time ago and was pretty fond of it.  The gameplay wasn't very deep, but the story segments were well done.  I personally wasn't expecting this to ever be translated so I watched the anime.  I got through around 16-17 episodes and it was very underwhelming.  Pretty much nothing happens, and there wasn't any strong comedy or anything to really back it up either.

My question whether or not I should give this a shot.  I'm sure the anime wasn't well adapted, but will I be expecting something similar here or a much better experience?  I also have no problem with slow paced series, so I don't believe that is the issue here.

1 minute ago, Darklord Rooke said:

Persona 5 should be out before these games, and that's probably going to be one of the best JRPGs of this generation :3

You know, I wrote Persona 5 in the original "draft" of that post I had written, removed it for some reason (don't remember why), and forgot to add it back in.  Definitely be buying that as well if I get a PS4, which is pretty likely at this point.

17 hours ago, finiteHP said:

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that they were going for a T rating.

Nope it's been confirmed that the game will be receiving an M rating for the Mask of deception even with the censored content: Mask of Deception trailer

So this is not an instance of them changing a rating for more sales but because this was the only thing they could do to release the game without getting it an equivalent to an AO rating in Europe.