Utawarerumono: Both Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth getting localized!!!

Clephas

7 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

I just got a PS4 a few months ago, so this is almost perfect timing :3

On an unrelated note, I've found that it's only now, HALFWAY through the console's life cycle, that there's enough good games on the platform to justify the purchase 0.0

lol... it took forever for the PS3 to reach that point, too... RPG's in the classic sense are a dying genre, hahaha.

1 hour ago, Darklord Rooke said:

I just got a PS4 a few months ago, so this is almost perfect timing :3

On an unrelated note, I've found that it's only now, HALFWAY through the console's life cycle, that there's enough good games on the platform to justify the purchase 0.0

I'm waiting for the worthwhile games to get ported to Steam.

Unfortunately it does seem as if the games will have some censorship which I know for many is a big no sale and I agree but on the other hand Atlus did tell us about this ahead of time and before we found out for ourselves they've explained it's for physical violence against minors and sexual content (likely in the same scene so it's probably discipline by spanking which is apparently AO territory these days in Europe) and so far the games have been rated M and outside of that scene no other scenes of censorship have been mentioned. I give props on Atlus for bothering to come clean about the decision early even if I am not a fan. Why we can not harm children in games I will never understand especially for an M rated title that children should not be playing anyways. 

That said I am interested in the games so I'll probably pick them up eventually. The censorship may regulate me to buying it later for a lot cheaper or buying it used (also game wise I have too many for later this year as it is already). 

18 minutes ago, kyrt said:

Why we can not harm children in games I will never understand especially for an M rated title that children should not be playing anyways. 

Seriously I remember in Fallout 2 those children in the Den kept stealing my shit, so I fucking blew all their brains out. Those were the days.....

6 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I doubt it considering the only platforms it is available on in Japan are Playstation products. 

Have my doubts as well, but honestly not doing it would make NO GOD DAMM SENSE.

No it really would not, not considering both the ps4 and pc are build on the same x86 architecture so porting is easy and that games like this can run on any pc.

They would be basically be alienation the largest potential group of users, and considering the fact that the other two games have no sexual content there is no reason not to put it out on steam.
Personally i think it would sell quite well if marketed as a strategy RPG/ visual novel hybrid.

Edited by havoc

2 minutes ago, havoc said:

Have my doubts as well, but honestly not doing it would make NO GOD DAMM SENSE.

No it really would not, not considering both the ps4 and pc are build on the same x86 architecture so porting is easy and that games like this can run on any pc.

They would be basically be alienation the largest potential group of users, and considering the fact that the other two games have no sexual content there is no reason not to put it out on steam.
Personally i think it would sell quite well if marketed as a strategy RPG/ visual novel hybrid.

Huh I didn't know about the same architecture, but seriously making no god damn sense is essentially the standard in the gaming industry nowadays (on nearly all fronts).

29 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Huh I didn't know about the same architecture, but seriously making no god damn sense is essentially the standard in the gaming industry nowadays (on nearly all fronts).

Both the xbox one, ps4 and ps4 pro use modified AMD APU's so there is no proprietary hardware like with the PS3 which would make a port much more difficult.
And depending on the API which the game the game uses even that could theoretically be the same, VULKAN for example runs on PC, Android, PS4 and XBOX One.

It probably is at least partly the reason for the large amount of sloppy PC ports we have seen since the launch of the PS4 and XBOX one.

Saw there's update about this in Erogegames forum, and think it would be nice update for VNTS. Then turn out the publisher was ATLUS which was console games company and quickly lose interest there (I didn't own the consoles in the first place). Other than that, I'd realize Utawarerumono was one of good franchise which had ancient Japan setting and it was quite good to most of the people out there. That's all I could say for now.

Wasn't there a Sony service where you could purchase PS4 titles for PC? Like an Origin for Sony titles.

Should be expensive as frak, but more worth it than buying a whole PS4. Also due to impopularity, it probably derps a lot.

Edit: It was called Playstation Now, and seems to only serve PS3 games. Whaaaat.

Edited by Okarin

39 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Neither Atlus nor Aquaplus have never ported anything on pc in the modern history, so the chances of a pc port are likely very bleak. 

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." --Gandalf

Edited by Okarin