PSA: All who rated Majikoi A on VNDB need to recast ratings

Decay

After some discussion, we on VNDB decided that it made no sense for all of the Majikoi A VNs to share a single entry. They comprise of entirely separate, unconnected stories, and are simply a series of fandiscs. Them sharing one entry also gives us a lower fidelity of data, the ratings can't be for individual parts and the tags are less useful. As such, we split them.

However, in this process we are also getting rid of all old votes, since the old ones weren't tied to any specific release. If you have rated Majikoi A on VNDB in the past, please rerate each entry you have played. Everyone who has rated A in the past should receive a notification about its deletion with this information contained within, but I'd like to be thorough, so I'm letting everyone here know in case any of you don't regularly visit the site.

Some tips from VNDB's admin Yorhel:

Your vote on the old Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! A entry still exists, you can find it in your vote list (Click "My votes" in the menu). If you don't like having a deleted entry in your list, you can remove your vote in the same list, just hit the checkbox next to the VN and select 'revoke' from the drop-down box at the bottom.

Voting on the new entries will mean that you lose the date of your original vote. If you want me to change the date of your votes back to the original voting date, just reply to this thread [on VNDB] and I can arrange it.

Be sure to recast those votes! Thanks to the split, you can now cast a different vote for each individual entry, giving a more accurate representation of how much you enjoyed each one. And apologies to everyone for the inconvenience.

The new entries: A-1A-2A-3A-4, A-5

5 minutes ago, jetpack003 said:

That's good. The whole A series on VNDB looks like a damn mess when it's put all together.

Now that I think about it, they didn't put the A-Plus Disc on that site either.

I don't actually know what the plus disc is, and couldn't find any reliable information on it. Splitting the five main entries took long enough as it is so I kinda checked out for the day after the main job. Anyone can add new entries to VNDB though and they're welcome to for the plus disc.

Edited by Decay

Pretty sure it's just all of the As combined into one package.  I don't see why it would need its own page, just a release for each of the A pages noting that they were all re-released on one disc.

Never mind, can't find anything supporting that.  I think I'm wrong.

I have no idea what I'm talking about  lol

5 hours ago, Decay said:

I don't actually know what the plus disc is, and couldn't find any reliable information on it. Splitting the five main entries took long enough as it is so I kinda checked out for the day after the main job. Anyone can add new entries to VNDB though and they're welcome to for the plus disc.

I can get pictures which show the routes listed for these characters in A-Plus but I can't translate what they would mean (I can't read Japanese well). Although,  that won't be enough information to make a VNDB entry of it and I'm not the right person to go to when making them either. 

Might as well wait for someone who has the game and is willing to do it.

Or download it from somewhere and find out for themselves. :makina:

Edited by jetpack003

4 hours ago, Nier said:

What makes Majikoi! A a "fandisc" while Majikoi! S is a sequel?

Interesting question.

Generally speaking, you could take Majikoi A as a sequel. The only real difference between A and S is that S contains a common route, albeit short, that continues from the original Majikoi, and all routes are unlocked via choices you make in this common route and its derivatives.
Majikoi A branches off Majikoi S's common and character routes. Therefore, Majikoi A is an agglomerate of scenarios/routes that branch off other titles in the series. Majikoi S is a full story -- more or less.

Imagine that Majikoi S is a tree that grew out of one of Majikoi's branches, whereas Majikoi A is an agglomerate of random branches added onto Majikoi S.
Majikoi S Routes Spoiler: http://exp4all.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/majikois-big.png
Take this image. Majikoi A would add, for example, an extra branch to the "Future Without a Relationship", or a branch further along to "Future With Monshiro".

In short, Majikoi A complements its prequels, it does not continue where they left off, and it does so in an unconnected fashion, where you have a menu where you select a heroine, and then have a route with her fitted onto the timeline of Majikoi S. No common route or getting into routes based on choices.

Also of note is that Majikoi S did contain a bit of fandisk-y content, as it included even more afterstories for Majikoi's heroines.

(Actually, I'm not really sure of the timeline for Majikoi S. When, exactly, does the Kuki plan start? 2nd Year 1st semester? Wasn't that when the last game took place? Not sure.)