Inquiring about some VN's

Weis13

Hello I'm new here in Fuwanovel ^^

I'm quite an Old Visual Novel player myself, I've played quite a lot of titles, so I believe most of us stumbled across a few novel writers we like. So, I was checking vndb then I realized LooseBoy (The Story Writer for G-Senjou No Maou & Sharin no Kuni) had a novel that was named Boku No Hitori Sensou?

I realized no one is translating this piece of work, I was wondering is there anyone is willing to take it up for translation?
I personally really love his works and I believe most VN players like me who played his works are dying to play some of his other works?

P.S: When the *#@$#$ is Mahou tsukai no Yoru gonna be done transalating?

Well from the description of vndb 

" A visual novel written by Looseboy, scenario writer for G-Senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni and art done by Alpha.

The world that Eiji knew changed completely one calm spring day. The school which he attended was attacked by evil enemies which cannot be seen. The students all took up arms to protect the things which they treasured the most. It was a battle which would not end until there was only one left standing. "

It sounded quite interesting, Funerrific may I know your reasoning for calling it trash cause I seriously know nothing of it?
Did his writing went haywire? or was the story just bad?

8 minutes ago, Weis13 said:

" A visual novel written by Looseboy, scenario writer for G-Senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni and art done by Alpha.

The world that Eiji knew changed completely one calm spring day. The school which he attended was attacked by evil enemies which cannot be seen. The students all took up arms to protect the things which they treasured the most. It was a battle which would not end until there was only one left standing. "

It sounded quite interesting, Funerrific may I know your reasoning for calling it trash cause I seriously know nothing of it?

I don't even know where to start: it's contrived as hell, it's boring, the themes are completely off, the characters are bad, the main heroine is only somewhat likeable

Spoiler

during fights

and most of the time is just bad. This game is nothing like G-senjou or even Sharin no Kuni, just look up other reviews for details.

Literally the only good thing about the game is the BGM, the only reason I'm not uninstalling it :sachi:

Edited by Funnerific

1 minute ago, Funnerific said:

I don't even know where to start: it's contrived as hell, it's boring, the themes are completely off, the characters are bad, the main heroine is only somewhat likeable

Hide contents

during fights

and most of the time is just bad. This game is nothing like G-senjou or even Sharin no Kuni, just look up other reviews for details.

Okay thanks for the heads up, glad I don't have to read another bore piece like Koiken Otome =="

14 minutes ago, Weis13 said:

Like any other VN it's a matter of taste and saying that it is bad or good is something very subjective, I can say subahibi is a piece of trash nonetheless users seems to love it and me saying that is trash doesn't invalidate their opinion or makes them change their mind about it, right? If you ever read it yourself you will come to your own conclusion.

Why nobody translated it yet? Well, I can't really say, maybe someday someone is going to pick it up. 
There was an intent of translating it, a guy in the forum tried to gather some translators for a quite some time without any luck.

Edited by Deep Blue

37 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

Like any other VN it's a matter of taste and saying that it is bad or good is something very subjective, I can say subahibi is a piece of trash nonetheless users seems to love it and me saying that is trash doesn't invalidate their opinion or makes them change their mind about it, right? If you ever read it yourself you will come to your own conclusion.

Why nobody translated it yet? Well, I can't really say, maybe someday someone is going to pick it up. 
There was an intent of translating it, a guy in the forum tried to gather some translators for a quite some time without any luck.

https://awesomecurry.wordpress.com/2015/03/11/boku-no-hitori-sensou-thoughts/

this is the most neutral Review I can find. Hmm I guess, my hype died a little I guess it was just plain bland from the looks of it. Guess it wasn't able to live up to G-Senjou nor Sharin no Kuni.

Well wether its good or bad, I would still like to be able to read it at least though. Then give a final opinion.

Either way thanks for the reply ^^

Edited by Weis13

Obligatory: G-Maou is good, but Sharin no Kuni is worst shit ever written.

Now, having that out of the way, main content of my post:
Did you read 'A Profile'? It's translated and it's the first visual novel written by Looseboy. It's not great, but it's not insulting either. If you really like Looseboys' style, you should check it out.

55 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Obligatory: G-Maou is good, but Sharin no Kuni is worst shit ever written.

Now, having that out of the way, main content of my post:
Did you read 'A Profile'? It's translated and it's the first visual novel written by Looseboy. It's not great, but it's not insulting either. If you really like Looseboys' style, you should check it out.

Played it before, enjoyed it very much ^^

Definitely one of those vn that makes you doubt your decisions, but if you stay true to your faith the ending is beautiful

Pretty surprised by the hate for Sharin here, I honestly much preferred the twist out of nowhere there than the painfully obvious and dumb red herring in G-Sen. Then again it was ages since I read either, so I'm probably forgetting a lot.

Mahoyo is probably never getting done because the original "translation" was trash and because it isn't Fate. :vinty:

Glad to see this is quite the lively community ^^

Well personally I enjoyed G-Senjou no Maou, Sharin no Kuni, Sharin no Kuni Yukyuu shounenshoujo, and A-Profile. They are not without flaw per say but definitely a good read for me nonetheless. Actually I also rather curious there seems to be no on going translations on Akabeisoft 3 VN's, are they just plain Moege's? Or are they story so bland no one bothers translating it?

Btw hoping Lavender Shoujo gets done soon really looking forward for another story in the sharin universe.

Pretty surprised by the hate for Sharin here, I honestly much preferred the twist out of nowhere there than the painfully obvious and dumb red herring in G-Sen. Then again it was ages since I read either, so I'm probably forgetting a lot.

Mahoyo is probably never getting done because the original "translation" was trash and because it isn't Fate. :vinty:

Ahh there is that, kinda hope beast lair would pick it up, like how they always translated other type moon works. Specifically mirror moon translations,but oh well I'm just typemoon fan boy hoping for more VNs instead of the trendy games they are releasing nowadays =="

9 hours ago, Vokoca said:

not that much sharin hate, vorathiel just have massive shit taste : 3 

The first time I read G-Senjou, I was like "wow, this is a masterpiece, the best VN I've ever read. Definetely a 10/10". My second playthrough I was more like "oh, this VN really is good, but not as amazing as I first thought it was". The third time "well, why did I enjoy this VN so much before? I mean, I still enjoyed reading it again, but I would've prefered to waste my time reading another VN". And now, I'm planning to read it for the fourth time. Lol, what can I say? In the end, I'm a big fan of G-Senjou.

Sharin no Kuni is a rare case in which I really enjoyed from beggining to end and I really am a fan of the twist there. I didn't read it 3 times like I did with G-Senjou and I'm not planning on reading it again, but I enjoyed my two readings of it and its fandisk.

A Profile is an interesting case. I didn't enjoy it on my first reading. But at the end of the last year I decided to read it again and my opinion of it kind of changed. I still see some flaws in it and there're somethings that still bothers me, but this time, I had a fun time reading it. The routes weren't as bad as I first thought they were.

As for Boku no Hitori, I didn't read it. I had no plans to read it after reading some negative reviews about it, but after reading this one perhaps I'll give it a shot sometime.

15 hours ago, vkalvkal said:

The first time I read G-Senjou, I was like "wow, this is a masterpiece, the best VN I've ever read. Definetely a 10/10". My second playthrough I was more like "oh, this VN really is good, but not as amazing as I first thought it was". The third time "well, why did I enjoy this VN so much before? I mean, I still enjoyed reading it again, but I would've prefered to waste my time reading another VN". And now, I'm planning to read it for the fourth time. Lol, what can I say? In the end, I'm a big fan of G-Senjou.

You know that there are people who played Destiny for, like, a thousand hours ... and then were like "this game sucks!" at the end?  Sound, ah, familiar? :)