MangaGamer 2017 Licensing Survey

Zenophilious

8 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

it is okay to vote even tho i didnt even buy anything vn? :(

I'd recommend removing that picture.  You left some personal info in it.

Yeah, there's no rule that you have to buy MangaGamer's products to vote.  It's not like they require you to login with your MG account or anything  : P

6 hours ago, novurdim said:

Evenicle, J.Q.V and Sekai de Ichiban Dame Koi get.

Was about to put down Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi myself, but it's by Hermit, a division of Will.  Will works with Jast.

Edit:  Screw it.  Went with Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi, Shin Koihime Musou, and Tsuma Shibori (which I liked the anime of, and they already work with AliceSoft, so it's not impossible).

Edited by Nandemonai

Maybe I could request something like Dustmania Grotesque to request there. Would be interesting.

Joke aside I'd already filled the survey and I'd request Flyable Heart, Soukoku no Arterial, and Chaos Child. The first two was had some questionable translation and I'd like to see some proper translator. Besides if Mangagamer release Soukoku it could open many Eushully games to the west.

As for Chaos Child, I'd know technically it was under JAST but they had apparently forgot to even release the prequel (Chaos Head) so why Mangagamer not take it? Besides it's not like the VN company should using one translation company anyway (Innocent Grey was good example with Flower). And it's all age so just in case Mangagamer need someVN for Steam they could use that.

PS - It's not like I buy anything from Mangagamer anyway in order to vote just in case someome asking whether it's okay to vote or not.

27 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Maybe I could request something like Dustmania Grotesque to request there. Would be interesting.

Joke aside I'd already filled the survey and I'd request Flyable Heart, Soukoku no Arterial, and Chaos Child. The first two was had some questionable translation and I'd like to see some proper translator. Besides if Mangagamer release Soukoku it could open many Eushully games to the west.

As for Chaos Child, I'd know technically it was under JAST but they had apparently forgot to even release the prequel (Chaos Head) so why Mangagamer not take it? Besides it's not like the VN company should using one translation company anyway (Innocent Grey was good example with Flower). And it's all age so just in case Mangagamer need someVN for Steam they could use that.

PS - It's not like I buy anything from Mangagamer anyway in order to vote just in case someome asking whether it's okay to vote or not.

Chaos;Child is a 5bp game, so Pqube or Nisa. Nitro has nothing to do with it anymore.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

As for Chaos Child, I'd know technically it was under JAST but they had apparently forgot to even release the prequel (Chaos Head) so why Mangagamer not take it?

They didn't "forget".  They were interested in it, but couldn't get a deal inked.  I believe their comment was that it was 'too late' now, but I can't remember anymore.  It probably relates in some way to Kodansha wanting to take a more active role in bringing these over.  (Mages, Inc is the publisher on Steam, after all.)

It sound like what happened, is Kodansha got interested after the release of Steins;Gate by Jast, but decided it wanted to do it itself.

I'll go ahead and suggest for one of the suggestions the same as most people but then I'm going to add two titles that I don't think many people have heard a lot about. 

1. Aiyoku no Eustia (this one is unlikely but not impossible...we don't know why they've refused the market thus far but if Light, Giga, Frontwing, Purple Software, Akabeisoft, Liar-Soft, Key, Alicesoft, etc... all rather important to the medium decided to throw in a try at succeeding in the west then I really don't think August or even Type-Moon is impossible at this rate.) 

2. Harumade, Kururu (I have heard nothing but praise for this game and it's enough to consider me extremely curious to find out why)

3. Twinkle Crusaders (This just sounds entertaining although it would be better if they released it with all content that has been made for it)

1 hour ago, ArgentstR said:

Harukuru has an official English release in the plans it seems: Tweet

A little worried about the All Ages version they have planned hopefully they go through mangagamer and release an 18+ version as well as I am not quite sure how well it would work without the first part of the game. I'll remain hopeful for it though so nice find.

On 1/14/2017 at 10:41 AM, Decay said:

Chaos;Child is rumored to be in the process of translation by PQube, the company that did Steins;Gate 0. 

I see in regard of Child that there's plan or rumor that it'll be translated by PQube. But it's not like they'll translated PC version certainly though looking from their choice to localize SteinsGate 0 in console instead on PC or Steam (Of course it didn't stopped the fan to add the translation to PC though). In the end it's just my suggestion though so I'll be very surprised if turned out that Mangagamer was really did the deal to Chaos Child.

Back to vote if I could do it again, perhaps I could vote 11eyes and Sengoku Koihime if I could give another suggestion what kind of VN that should be in Steam. Sengoku Koihime should be obvious why (Initially released with no H Content), but as for 11eyes actually there's Crossover version which according to wiki made both of Shiori and Kaori more prominent that in currently translated version (Also initially released in PSP and XBOX, so of course there will be no H Scene and therefore could safely entering Steam). There's also history that there's XBOX port of Crossover to PC by Chinese community (Using Chinese language), so I think there's should be no problem if they want to do that. Although in the end it's just my suggestion though so it's not like I hope it'll become true anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The results are in: http://blog.mangagamer.org/2017/02/13/2017-licensing-survey-results-and-some-hints-too/

#1 is more Rance, not much of a surprise. What is a surprise is #2 being Diabolik Lovers, a handheld series of otome games. Rest of the top 10 is pretty standard stuff. F/SN, Majikoi, WA2, etc... People seemed to like Funbag Fantasy, as that popped up at #10.