MangaGamer 2017 Licensing Survey

Zenophilious

Link

Voted for the same three I did last year, which were Erect!, Evenicle, and Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai.  What did you guys vote for?

Have to say, I'm pretty excited they listed soundtracks as an option for part of the survey.  I would love for them to sell OSTs for the VNs they've licensed.  I'd happily shell out for a physical of the Tokyo Babel OST, as I just gave up trying to find it for sale online anywhere.

I originally couldn't think of anything specific to suggest but then I remembered that there are quite a few developers that MangaGamer has partnered with already that I would like to some more titles from.

With that in mind, the three license suggestions I chose were: Evolimit from Propeller, Semiramis no Tenbin from Caramel Box, and Sakura no Mori † Dreamers from Moonstone.

I probably would've chosen some nukige since my tastes aren't often represented but I decided these were more important. Personally, I'd really like a separate nukige survey because it's not as much as a priority for me but I'd still like to suggest things that I want to see licensed but often aren't.

11 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

We have upcoming Dies Irae, and Baldr Sky was picked up. Muramasa is in JAST hands (sigh), and...that's basically it? Is there any more 'epic' great VNs?

edit: 

1) 428 (it's spike chunsoft material but you'll never know...)

2) Eustia

3) Sayonara wo Oshiete

(For the third place I would have voted for Dunamis15 or Chaos Child but those are Pqube/5bp material)

Edited by WinterfuryZX

And once again here is my list

So the only difference is which Akatsuki Works VN that ended up on the list.

And just like last year Hikari no Valusia ~What a Beautiful Hopes~ is the only one that is remotely likely. Still we had some surprises the last couple of years so one could always hope :rolleyes:

By the way, you assholes better all be buying Shiei no Sona-Nyl when it comes out :reeee:

Edited by MercyZombie

2 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

At least one wise person around these parts :makina:

Meh.  I wanted to like the game, and liked Main Girl, but after suffering through the common route and 1.5 character routes, I just couldn't bring myself to do the rest to unlock her route and finish the game.

I think there are plenty of other games that should be prioritized.

Hehe, I remember the last one of these they did and I put down Maggot Baits and Dies Irae. Well... here we are, lol.

I chose 2 games I have already read and feel deserve English TLs, and 1 game from my backlog I plan on reading that I'd love to see TLed.

Ryuukishi Bloody † Saga

Kimi e okuru, sora no hana

Sengoku † Koihime X ~Otome Kenran ☆ Sengoku Emaki~

3 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

I would love for them to sell OSTs for the VNs they've licensed.

Ohhh yes me too, definitely. I actually want OSTs of games more than the physical game itself, as I love just listening to good OSTs when I'm TLing or studying etc.

6 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I'd ask you to explain why, but I don't actually care.

Then why did you make this post, I wonder?

Type-Moon will happily license out their titles to anyone who can pay their exorbitant licensing fees, which no English VN publisher can. So you'll see their RPGs and fighting games and shit get licensed out by bigger publishers but you won't ever see their VNs. 

I'm not really sure what August's deal is, they just seem incredibly stubborn. Everyone has tried them multiple times and no one has really gotten close.

Leaf/Aquaplus has done some official releases before and the new Utawarerumono games seem to be coming over courtesy of Atlus/Sega, but they're another company whose license fees seem to be too rich for the general VN industry's blood.

So I just ask people keep their expectations in check. You can ask for that stuff, but don't be upset when MangaGamer never picks it up. There's a reason why none of these commonly requested games have been picked up before and nothing has really changed on that front.

Edited by Decay

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Still, this is a survey where you say what you want to see licensed, not what you think might get licensed. Vote for what you want to see, regardless of how likely or unlikely it is for it to actually get picked up.

My reasoning exactly.

...I should have voted for Iwaihime. Damn.

Edited by Vorathiel

Just now, Dergonu said:

Still, this is a survey where you say what you want to see licensed, not what you think might get licensed. Vote for what you want to see, regardless of how likely or unlikely it is for it to actually get picked up.

I'm not saying you can't. But if you want your voice to have an impact, you should request the stuff you want that's actually plausible.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

Then why did you make this post, I wonder?

Since you asked, I shall explain.

I am currently shifting between a state of "nearly dead" and "almost awake". The former eradicates my will to do anything, and the later gives me just enough to try anyway and end up giving up in the middle.
Such is more or less what occurred.

I was also going to say something in the general vein that I just noted the first random nonsense that popped into my head and don't really care much either way.
I believe I voted for Majikoi and two random August titles.

Like last year I voted for more Liar-soft games. Fairytale Requiem being fairly recent is not totally impossible for them and Hikari no Valusia is the next logical step if Mangagamer decides to work on more Steampunk games after Sona-Nyl. (Gahkthun fan-disk isn't bad choice either, but I rather have the main games first)

And then a stellar doujin VN in form of SeaBed for good balance, not that I actually think it's going happen, but one can always hope. 

Edited by Turnip Sensei