Embedded pictures missing

I've always had this as a minor issue but with recent changes to the website that seem to use an image proxy it's much more of a problem that embedded pictures simply never load. The more pictures there are on a page the worse it gets. The post pictures you like thread is the worst example of it. See the screenshot below for what I end up seeing instead of the embedded pictures.

QaEMzLH.png

Refreshing sometimes brings up the lost pictures but then it ends up making other pictures disappear. I'm currently using Firefox 50.1.0 without any blocking extensions or anything like that.

I believe @Nayleen said something about enabling serving images through the forum instead of fetching them offsite back when he was enabling https for the forum. It's possible that if you try to load too many pictures it bandwidth caps you or something. I've had this problem using firefox.

The obvious answer is "well turn showing pics through the forum servers off then", but that might be a security concern for reasons (you are fetching content from a potentially insecure remote server after all).

6 hours ago, Akimoto Masato said:

Try using Firefox(to lazy to get the trademark symbol so pretend there's one here) that normally works, or see if your browser is blocking plugins 

Not much of a post reader?

22 hours ago, ittaku said:

I'm currently using Firefox 50.1.0 without any blocking extensions or anything like that.

3 hours ago, Nayleen said:

Turned off the settings, since it doesn't seem to work properly. :ipb:

I like it - "Doc it hurts when I do this?" "Then don't do that".

Better make another post: The problem persists after all even with that disabled... As I said in my first post it happened before, it only got worse with the site image proxy enabled. Maybe my browser has those pages cached and thinks there are no images there now, but I tried a full reload and they're still not showing up. It's also random as to which pictures don't show up; on a reload it's different pics the next time around...

3 hours ago, ittaku said:

Better make another post: The problem persists after all even with that disabled... As I said in my first post it happened before, it only got worse with the site image proxy enabled. Maybe my browser has those pages cached and thinks there are no images there now, but I tried a full reload and they're still not showing up. It's also random as to which pictures don't show up; on a reload it's different pics the next time around...

Not sure if Nay cleared caches after the change, so I just did it. Try clearing your own (or use an incognito/private mode) and let me know how it fares.

• 3 weeks later...