TC Kain+ [Sci fi, Politics, War]

sura_tc

tc_kain_plus_800.jpg

Website (Intro and download)

Hello,

TC Kain+ is an evolved form of my previous WIP VN called TC Kain which has a thread here.

The reason for "plus" is that the game now runs in Unity3D and I've added space battle mini games to it.

This VN is a little different from others. It has no element of anime. It is not about relationships. It is about war and politics as well as life and death based on a sci-fi world I've created. I've built this world based on year 9599 and wrote extensive lore to enrich the world.

The title is Two Clusters Kain arc plus or, in short, TC Kain+.

tckain+_screenshot1.jpg

Story

There are four main characters. Two are immediately introduced. Two others are introduced much later.
Kain and Suu who are introduced at the beginning take most screentime.

Kain hails from a humble beginning. As an ex-journalist working for a magazine company on Moon, he joins Sol navy just to get away from his financial hardships casued by severe recession. His goal, initially, is simply to feed himself. But he soons finds himself heavily engulfed in war, politics, and women.

Suu hails from a strong family. She has powerful parent and background. Having deep respect, almost to a point of being overly zealous, toward his father, she volunteers to join Sol navy to aid her father in achieving his dream. However, she soon finds that the world outside of sheltered life isn't what she thought it'd be.

Third character, Juron, is introduced in chapter 6.

Forth, and final, character, Magenta is introduced in chapter 8.

This VN portrays their lives.

kain_and_suu.png

Few ingame screenshots
tckain+_screenshot4.jpg
tckain+_screenshot5.jpg
tckain+_screenshot6.jpg
tckain+_screenshot7.jpg
tckain+_screenshot8.jpg
tckain+_screenshot9.jpg
tckain+_screenshot10.jpg

Art

This VN uses exclusively CG (Computer Grahpics). I use Blender.
However, due to large amount of cast, I also use stock CG assets that I purchased. You can generally tell the different on the screen from stock assets and mine unfortunately. Over time, I hope to replace them with my own. But modelling clothes, humanoid figures, and such take a loooong time.

Therefore, not all characters are made in Blender and some are from stock assets.

VN and its arts are inseparable. Though, in my case, it's CG art.

For an example, on a screne.

Before render
blender_screenshot1.jpg

After a quick, simple, test render
blender_screenshot2.jpg

Full render before being fed into GIMP for post processing
blender_screenshot3.jpg

Tactical mini space battle

A major improvement from my previous TC Kain is an addition of mini space battles. This is the reason I decided to import my VN to Unity. There is a test battle feature where you can just try the mini game. There will be more test battles added in the future.

From chapter 8 and onward, there will be story related space battles.

Thank you

Edited by sura_tc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...