Feedback needed (User Interface)

Radi

Hi! I've been working on the UI for some days and I could use a bit of feedback. I want to set the UI up before I start drawing the characters so I don't have to move or resize anything in the future. Both the character and the side images in this screenshot are just placeholders. 

So, does it looks good? It's too big? It's pleasant to the eyes? And finally, (I can change this latter but...) what about the font, easy to read? 

idVOf85.jpg

Cheers!

This looks great, good work!

I think that the character size and the sprite size look nice. The UI really has a techie/futuristic feel to it especially with the hex background (or whatever it's called) behind the text.

The only things that bother me are that usually I don't see the text placed centered but left aligned like you would find in a text document. The font itself is easy to read and goes well with the overall theme. Also, the words on the settings bar "Auto", "Skip", and "Save" are perfectly centered while the words "Back", "History", and "Prefs" are a bit to the left. "Q. Save" and "Q. Load" are also slightly to the left. I would just center all of them as I think the looks best. Or another option would be to center all of them except for "Back" and "Prefs" since they're on the edges in trapezoids and aren't in nice little rectangles like the others.

Other than that, I think everything else looks amazing. Best of luck on your project!

Hello,

This UI is a good start.

I would advise changing the font as others mentionned. Its overall design is fine but we can distinctly see the pixels, the letters are incorrectly aligned (height and width wise) and there are multiple sizes which makes it slightly awkward.

The gray stripes fit in the design but did you try not striping the white borders around the pictures ? I'm not sure how that would look but I have a feeling that seperating the different blocks from each other a bit more distincly might look nice.

Be careful that everything in the menu side bars are correctly centered since you seem to be going for some sort of tech design.

I would also advise allowing the text to take a bit more space sidewise in your text box :) You could also try making it stick to the left.

Here are my suggestions,

Good luck !

Everything is beautiful (I really like the background and character). Regarding just the UI though, I like how it keeps the standard text box design, but adds a lot too it. I don't have any critiques for it. Font was okay, but I would agree that is probably the weakest thing out of everything. Changing the font to something might be better. But aside from that, the UI in general is fantastic. 

@Zalor @maefdomn @Palas @atorq @Polycentric Thanks everyone for your help! I changed some things: I moved the text to the left side, changed the font and fixed the Menu buttons. I also added a blinking Click to Continue symbol, some minor details and erased the gray stripes on some areas as Maefdomn said (that was a pretty good idea). So now the the UI should be a lot cleaner.  Here you have the results. Thanks!

6x6ochz.jpg