Searching for Stage-nana's obscure titles

Zalor

Stage-nana is the Japanese doujin group that is responsible for the Narcissu series. (So if the name sounded familiar, that is why). However, if you check their vndb page out you will see that they did 5 doujin releases before Narcissu. All these doujin titles before Narcissu are fan-fiction VNs for popular VNs at the time, such as White Album, ONE~ Kagayaku Kisetsu e, Kanon, and Air. As somebody who is very interested in retro Otaku subculture (particularly late 90's early 00's), I would really like to learn more about these titles. And if available (on some corner of the internet), I would like to get them (download or purchase). Of those douijin titles, I am most interested in Duette~デュエット~, as it is a fan fiction about Sayuri from Kanon. Also known as my favorite character in one of my most beloved visual novels. 

So if anyone can link me to sources and sites that simply just have information on these VNs, I would be happy. Japanese sites are the only sites where I expect there to be any information, but if available, English sites are more than welcome as well. And if anyone knows how I could possibly obtain these VNs, I would be very grateful. Also, if anyone knows anything about these VNs, please discuss what you know about these VNs in this thread, as I would be very interested. 

2 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Looks like some Chinese fans uploaded isos of a few early Stage-nana games to a Chinese file sharing site:

[removed]

No idea how safe the download is though.

Thanks so much!

If other people have other sources of information about these VNs, I would still greatly appreciate them.

Edited by Zenophilious
No, bad! No piracy!

check your pm zalor, I'm explaining you why piracy is bad and how it hurts everyone in this business :OurLordAndSavior:

btw, if you really want to read the first "good" work from kataoka read White ~セツナサのカケラ~ not really that good but it's better than those fanfic he wrote about kanon and such. 

Edited by Deep Blue

13 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Please don't posts links to illegal downloads, it's against the rules.

Ahh, my bad. I thought that it would be okay for these games since they are clearly no longer in production and Stage-nana is no longer profiting off of them (Stage-nana's website doesn't even acknowledge their existence). But I suppose piracy is piracy, so I understand. I'm totally up for buying used copies of these games anyway if I can find a place that sells them. 

12 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

check your pm zalor, I'm explaining you why piracy is bad and how it hurts everyone in this business :OurLordAndSavior:

btw, if you really want to read the first "good" work from kataoka read White ~セツナサのカケラ~ not really that good but it's better than those fanfic he wrote about kanon and such. 

I have to ask, from what you have read of these. What are your opinions? One of the reasons that I really want to check these works out is because I think Narcissu is a masterpiece, and I am curious to see how he grew as a writer.  

3 hours ago, Shinji said:

I actually got Duette, Duette 2 and Eien when i bought some key games off Yahoo auctions, with a bunch of other stuff. I still haven't gotten around playing them though, since they're all sealed.

Ha, I don't think I would open them either if I got sealed copies. 

Not much of a piracy, when the software in question is basically abandonware and don't even start with the crap like "doesn't matter, if the creator wished for those to disappear". When you finish and release something - especially a work of art, it does not belong only to you anymore. Numerous people might want to read it and they also have the right to ask for that.

It should be our utmost duty to help preserve these works and give them future, regardless whether they are good, or bad. It's because they make a part of this world and influenced and will keep on influencing others, even if it's a notion like "Man, this is so bad. I can do so much better.".