Winter 2017 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

(sigh), some dipshit kinda sorta possibly spilled the ending of the Youjo Senki lightnovels in the comments section of the newest episode. While it isn't the worst ending it has the air of the author going "fuck it I want to write something else now".

Kinda steals all the excitement that I have for any future episodes. 

Edited by Soulless Watcher

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, The Hems Studio said:

I've been searching for a good anime to watch for Winter 2017 but really, I can't find any. Any recommendations?

Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Kono Suba (if you've watched the 1st season... if not, go do that!), ACCA 13, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Youjo Senki.

18 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

(sigh), some dipshit kinda sorta possibly spilled the ending of the Youjo Senki lightnovels in the comments section of the newest episode. While it isn't the worst ending it has the air of the author going "fuck it I want to write something else now".

Kinda steals all the excitement that I have for any future episodes. 

Now you're bumming me out =X

Edited by Jun Inoue

3 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Kono Suba (if you've watched the 1st season... if not, go do that!), ACCA 13, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Youjo Senki.

Now you're bumming me out =X

I started to watch Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. Is it worth continuing? And I give the other anime a look. Thanks for the recommendations!

1 hour ago, The Hems Studio said:

I started to watch Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. Is it worth continuing? And I give the other anime a look. Thanks for the recommendations!

I hate the question "Is it worth continuing?" nearly everything is with the right context or taste. If you like slice of life anime with little overarching plot and a focus on comedy, yes you will probably like it, on my personal scale it rates high as a a slice of life anime. 

10 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I hate the question "Is it worth continuing?" nearly everything is with the right context or taste. If you like slice of life anime with little overarching plot and a focus on comedy, yes you will probably like it, on my personal scale it rates high as a a slice of life anime. 

Thanks for the reply. I disagree, finding someone with similar tastes in anime can save you some time in finding a show that you otherwise would blow of for whatever reason. Especially now a days when anime is becoming so saturated, thanks again for the response i'll keep that in mind.

25 minutes ago, The Hems Studio said:

Thanks for the reply. I disagree, finding someone with similar tastes in anime can save you some time in finding a show that you otherwise would blow of for whatever reason. Especially now a days when anime is becoming so saturated, thanks again for the response i'll keep that in mind.

Oh I agree a hundred percent, my issue was just asking "should I watch this", without any qualifiers. People taste vary greatly and knowing what one prioritizes when looking for anime can help the person being asked to provide the most helpful suggestions. 

Edited by Soulless Watcher

Indeed. I mean, I try to be as objective as I can when giving recommendations; unless you have some problem with their genre and/or style, the list I gave were of quality anime in general, and easy to enjoy.

10 hours ago, The Hems Studio said:

Is it? Well, I'd personally say it is. The relationship of (some of) the dragons with the humans is pretty nice (Tohru and Kanna with Kobayashi, Fafnir with Takiya), the comedy isn't to roll on the floor while laughing for, but it's entertaining and light-hearted. Also, let's face it, KyoAni has done an impressive job making Kanna incredibly adorable.

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

And Kono Suba ends again after only 10 episodes... maaaaan, what a bummer. This season was even better than the first one, and we get so little yet again. :rubycry:

Still deciding on its final score, but it'll most certainly be either 8 or 9/10.

Thanks to the final episode, it got pushed up to a 9 for me :)

Well Masamune kun was always average, but somehow they managed to make it fall below average with their completely underwhelming ending. I can't even tell if that was meant to be final somehow, hint at a second season, or a sign we should go off and read the manga if we care to find out what actually happens or what. Sure there are better shows to talk about this season but I'm impressed at how one can make a final episode that is so non-descript. Apart from the first part of the episode, the rest was almost filler material from a midway episode.

EDIT: Well I was supposed to come down hard on Seiren for being so meh till the end but instead they had one very good arc at the end and absolutely nailed the ending.

Stuff coming to an end. 

Chaos Child - Did not enjoy this. 
Fuuka - I found out about THE THING before it happened and was probably the most excitement or enjoyment I had, waiting for the actual thing to happen, during the run. That didn’t happen. It’s not very good at all. 
Masamune – this I brain cells lost watching. 
Seiren - The last story was decent since it didn't have to go through the whole rigmarole of establishing some sort of deeper relationship between the two characters. Overall it was eh, though. 

13 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Shitty Republican propaganda, you really thought we would believe our heroine, the great Tanya, would struggle while holding such a frail creature? 

It's cuz she's also trying to hold on to some resemblance of quality in her show...................... I jest, I jest.

Maybe. :nico:

Gonna miss my weekly fix of interviews with monster girls :( It remained my favourite watch this season with its delightful characters and sweet execution, though I seriously considered looking for a hentai doujin of the succubus after that last episode...

48 minutes ago, havoc said:

anything you are looking forward to this season?

Attack on titan not allowed obviously.

What about AoT S2? :nico:

In all seriousness, though, the ones I'll give between 1 and 3 eps to win me over, are: Sekaisuru Kado, Rokudenashi, Boku no Hero Academia S2 (although I know what happens and it'll just be a time killer), Busou Shoujo, Alice to Zouroku, CLOCKWORK PLANET, Shuumatsu Nani, Oushitsu Kyoushi, Zero kara Haji meru, Re:CREATORS and Tsuki ga Kirei.

This is being very open to these shows either surprise me (Sekaisuru Kadoo or Tsuki ga Kirei) or not be as terrible and dumb as I think (Busou Shoujo or Rokudenashi).

How about you?

Looking forward to more dungeon, AoT and Saekano. Beyond that granblue was so generic and bland with its first two episodes I'd be hard pressed to bother watching any more. First episode of Alice to Zouroku was charming enough for me to look forward to more. Still watching Little witch academia which is ongoing and the rest are all gambles based on what I can read.