Winter 2017 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

22 hours ago, xGreyHound said:

The first episode of Kuzu No Honkai was really good, but than again I am not like old as shit. I feel it is supposed to appeal to a younger audience. 

It's only because I read the manga that I shit on Kuzu no Honkai. It honestly was refreshing when I first checked it out too. It seemed to dive into sexual relationships and how sex isn't just about love and all that, which is nice.

But then things start gradually getting worse.

Spoiler

There's too much cheating and netorare and every character acts like an asshole and at that point it was just like seeing a story trying to force as much drama in as they could, using sex as the excuse and/or resolution for everything.

One of the guys is literally a cuck and is aware the girl he likes is cheating on him and enjoys it, and that girl gets upset because he's not supposed to enjoy it, she wants to cheat on him to make him feel bad, but he still loves her. It's absolutely mind numbing that an author would come up with such a dumb plotline.

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

It's only because I read the manga that I shit on Kuzu no Honkai. It honestly was refreshing when I first checked it out too. It seemed to dive into sexual relationships and how sex isn't just about love and all that, which is nice.

Reveal hidden contents

There's too much cheating and netorare and every character acts like an asshole and at that point it was just like seeing a story trying to force as much drama in as they could, using sex as the excuse and/or resolution for everything.

One of the guys is literally a cuck and is aware the girl he likes is cheating on him and enjoys it, and that girl gets upset because he's not supposed to enjoy it, she wants to cheat on him to make him feel bad, but he still loves her. It's absolutely mind numbing that an author would come up with such a dumb plotline.

Thanks, you've helped confirm my fears with this show. It sounds far too painful so I'll be switching off to avoid suffering this (I've already switched off Fuckyou AKA Fuuka.)

EDIT: Demi-chan remains awesome. It's easily my pick of the bunch for this season, even more so than konosuba2.

2 hours ago, FinalChaos said:

After reading this, I was like ''na too much exaggeration going on'' and that judging stuff by couple of minutes isn't logical. 
Then I actually gave it a watch myself ....... god the hell did I watch.

It's animation is like a half-assed attempt to copy Project K's art-style with less than a tenth of it's budget.

You poor, naïve man.

19 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Hide contents

At least its not just another Ecchi romantic comedy, I am interested to see how it is going to play out though. I can see why you're shitting on it though, making fun of cucks is fun.

Despite @ittakulying about preferring it over KonoSuba, gotta say that Demi-chan is proving to be really awesome. For now, my top pick of new shows from the season.

PD: Don't understand the problem with cucks and why people hate them. Or rather, I know why they do, but can't understand why they let themselves hate them.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that netorare can't be a fun theme to explore, it's just that it's explored horribly in Kuzu no Honkai since every character is super unlikeable, at least for me. It should be dully noted I'm not hating on the series because there's a cuck in it, but rather because the storyline and the drama surrounding the characters is retarded.

This is coming from someone who reads netorare on the regular.

30 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Don't get me wrong, it's not that netorare can't be a fun theme to explore, it's just that it's explored horribly in Kuzu no Honkai since every character is super unlikeable, at least for me. It should be dully noted I'm not hating on the series because there's a cuck in it, but rather because the storyline and the drama surrounding the characters is retarded.

This is coming from someone who reads netorare on the regular.

If the explanation was meant for me, I didn't mean your earlier post or that anime in particular, but rather a feeling in general (some friends, other websites, etc) about "fucking cucks being cucks." This irrational hate for what amounts to yet another fetish in a world of fetishes. Although let's not fool ourselves...

Spoiler

Not to start a war here, but cucks get far more hate cuz it's all about men surrendering their masculinity/domination.

Also, don't we all read NTR regularly here? :nico:

1 hour ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

I do read NTR regularly. :holo: 

Contrary to most people here, i have no problem with watching a cuck and/or a weak protag, because i'm not looking for power fantasies in my stories. :holo: 

I was going more for a "respecting people" kind of thing, but that works too I guess :makina:

Seiren kinda dropping the level... or so I'd say if there had been one. I guess this kind of shows are far more easily enjoyable as a teenager, as right now most of the MC's actions are so insanely cringe-worthy to me. And it hurts me cuz I know they could be less cringy and still appeal to the straight male teenagers audience.

Edited by Jun Inoue

this time I'm watching konosuba, gintama, little witch academia (illegally, of course) and tales of zestiria... I want to watch rakugo shinjuu too, but the first season was so good, that i prefer to wait for more chapters, because I will hate to watch this weekly...

I am surpised, because I'm watching too many series compared to the last seasons, where I only watched 3 or 4... so I consider this a great season.

oh, and I also tried to watch masamune, hand shakers and seiren. But i get bored in their first chapters so i will no watch them again. I also watched acca 13, but i want to watch the second chapter to see if get any better, because the first bored me too...

Edited by enrap93

39 minutes ago, Seth said:

Also classical KyoAni with their ridiculous animation budget :michiru:

No offense meant, but this is a meme that needs to die.

Neither Kyoani nor Ufotable have bigger budgets per project than most studios, they are simply better organized and more consistent with their staff.

I liked most of the second episodes I've seen so far too. I still think the presentation/execution in Demi-chan is arse, but at least the ideas and some of the character moments were interesting/funny enough to convince me to try another episode

21 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Kobayashi-san 3: Playing Dark Souls with dragons.

Saw this and then watched it,

Spoiler

I thought it was going to be metaphorical, but they literally were playing Dark Souls, lol

That was possibly the first time I've ever been dissappointed in an episode not being longer.

Kanna is so adorable it hurts, dude

edit: also, seems like they really aren't planning to use the titty bounce sounds much beyond episode 1

Edited by john 'mr. customer' smith

2 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Saw this and then watched it,

Reveal hidden contents

I thought it was going to be metaphorical, but they literally were playing Dark Souls, lol

That was possibly the first time I've ever been dissappointed in an episode not being longer.

Kanna is so adorable it hurts, dude

The short scene where she goes around with a pillow, hng. :rubycry:

10 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Agreed, I hate that sort of plot device.

On the other hand, demi-chan remains so sweet.

I do like that they are not afraid to show affection and care without having to go down the road of "kyaa ecchi, ero sensei." It's nice to see actual care and attention from the teacher to his students.

Odd thought: have you realised that the demis, more than being half-"beasts", seem to actually represent minor disabilities? Well, I say minor, but I mean things like being blind or deaf, things that can (or at least potentially) represent a barrier and problems to an adolescent's social life. The demis are not even races, but genetic "anomalies" that can happen to anyone's child!

And with Seiren... one of the nice things of Amagami is how it showed the key points in each girl's route, tying it up nicely at the end. Seiren kind of showed a half-assed high school crush that ends nowhere. It was quite unsatisfying...

@Kurisu-ChanWasn't Youjo Senki WW I?

Edited by Jun Inoue

7 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

I do like that they are not afraid to show affection and care without having to go down the road of "kyaa ecchi, ero sensei." It's nice to see actual care and attention from the teacher to his students.

Odd thought: have you realised that the demis, more than being half-"beasts", seem to actually represent minor disabilities? Well, I say minor, but I mean things like being blind or deaf, things that can (or at least potentially) represent a barrier and problems to an adolescent's social life. The demis are not even races, but genetic "anomalies" that can happen to anyone's child!

And with Seiren... one of the nice things of Amagami is how it showed the key points in each girl's route, tying it up nicely at the end. Seiren kind of showed a half-assed high school crush that ends nowhere. It was quite unsatisfying...

@Kurisu-ChanWasn't Youjo Senki WW I?

Adolf Hitler was a WW I Soldier.

It's still WW 1(she's still using a Mondragon rifle), just the train of thoughts from the main protag is interesting.