Winter 2017 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

21 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

I don't remember the loli part. :tears:

It's all thanks to those memes that he got elected.

After all, he is the number one!! :holo: 

Ok, Chaos;Child might be a disaster, we dunno for now, but damn, the Opening is amazing. it has my Kanako seal of approval. 

On 1/7/2017 at 11:21 AM, Shikomizue said:

I can tell you right now, Masamune-kun no Revenge has some quality put into it. Definitely watch if you want a quality show with some quality characters with a quality plot.

PS. I'm being forced to watch this, please send halp.

What kind of horrible sick twisted person would do such and thing???

Also I don't know if this is relevant or not but the only thing I plan on watching is Konosuba 2 and maybe something else if I get really bored

Edited by LoganW

I'm definitely gonna watch Maid Dragon, probably LWA and possibly Onihei.

I'm intrigued with the last one because Masao Maruyama apparently founded a whole new studio just to make it. For those that don't know, he's the founder of Madhouse and probably the only good businessman in the world that actually cares about art

10 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Because dragon and fanservice, or have you read the manga/heard smth that guarantees some quality? (or maybe you simply like the premise, I guess)

Manga reader here. Fanservice is actually minimal. There's only one chapter in the manga where they go to a hotsprings and that's the most fanservicey it ever got.

Tooru likes to tease Kobayashi a lot and attempts to get close to her often, but Kobayashi smacks her before she can actually do anything. There may occasionally be a shot or two where Tooru isn't wearing a whole lot of clothing, but I only recall a couple instances of that as well. Outside of that, other than the occasional joke about Lucoa's massive boobs, you're not going to get a whole lot in the fanservice department from this series to be honest. In fact, the moments I mentioned barely matter in the grand scheme of things as this type of scene is always present at some point in most anime/manga nowadays.

The whole thing is more focused on comedy and slice of life, so you should go into it expecting that. I'm not saying it's going to be a masterpiece, but I find it really charming, especially when it has serious moments.

2 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Manga reader here. Fanservice is actually minimal. There's only one chapter in the manga where they go to a hotsprings and that's the most fanservicey it ever got.

Tooru likes to tease Kobayashi a lot and attempts to get close to her often, but Kobayashi smacks her before she can actually do anything. There may occasionally be a shot or two where Tooru isn't wearing a whole lot of clothing, but I only recall a couple instances of that as well. Outside of that, other than the occasional joke about Lucoa's massive boobs, you're not going to get a whole lot in the fanservice department from this series to be honest. In fact, the moments I mentioned barely matter in the grand scheme of things as this type of scene is always present at some point in most anime/manga nowadays.

The whole thing is more focused on comedy and slice of life, so you should go into it expecting that.

Sounds good enough. I just had some doubts cuz, you know, the pv. "D for dragon, D for D cups." ...................................... :amane:

4 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Tooru has that type of cheeky personality. Her ultimate goal is to seduce Kobayashi after all.

Yeah, just saying that it being sort of the presentation of the show made me distrust it quite a bit. Chill slice-of-life that throw in awful attempts at pandering with fanservice are an inhuman crime.

Edited by Jun Inoue

Last anime season I straight up hated everything that was playing except Twin-Star Exorcists. 

Right now I am keeping my eye on Seiren, Scum's wish, Blue Exorcist and Matsume-kun's revenge. And some other random titles that I might look into. I rarely ever finish a show so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Edited by xGreyHound

33 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Yeah, just saying that it being sort of the presentation of the show made me distrust it quite a bit. Chill slice-of-life that throw in awful attempts at pandering with fanservice are an inhuman crime.

Granted, it's being animated by KyoAni, and you know how KyoAni can get carried away with fanservice coughPhantomWorldcough but I'm hoping they stay true to the cheerful spirit of the manga. :)

15 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Granted, it's being animated by KyoAni, and you know how KyoAni can get carried away with fanservice coughPhantomWorldcough but I'm hoping they stay true to the cheerful spirit of the manga. :)

KyoAni finds a way, in the end. I'll have some decent hope, though, and give it at least the 3 episodes trial.

On 1/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, Jun Inoue said:

Ehhhhhhh, I think you may be overacting the second pv focused allot more on the slice of life comedy that you seem to be talking about and.... well let's be honest as much as I love the manga to death, there are some weird out of nowhere fanservicey parts that are pretty jarring. 

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

Oh. My. God. Hand Shakers.

Just... wow. It's a must-watch. Goes right along Chaos Dragon in "most heinous anime in history." And we're only one episode in. This has so much potential to bring forth the end of humanity.

I was just hearing somebody else on discord complain about how much of an atrocity this is.

Now I'm kinda curious myself.

12 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

I was just hearing somebody else on discord complain about how much of an atrocity this is.

Now I'm kinda curious myself.

It certainly is an experience. I've had friends get no further than a couple minutes before going "nope" (one particular friend didn't get past the first 15 seconds or so).

52 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

It certainly is an experience. I've had friends get no further than a couple minutes before going "nope" (one particular friend didn't get past the first 15 seconds or so).

Add me to the list of people who dropped it after 30 secs pls. Could this anime finally dethrone Big Order as the biggest piece of shit?

Anyway. Watched episode one of Maid Dragon. They adapted about 5 chapters. I love the gradient hair colors they decided to add to the dragon girls. The original only had solid colors. 
The character details, especially the eyes on the dragons, are lovely, as you'd expect from KyoAni. It really makes you want to look at their cute faces.

Also, that sweet, sweet yuri can already be felt from a mile away:

2143a38062444b6da8edfb3f2a4c1e29.png

bfaa4cec8e7e4a7cb3ef8eef0c4591ea.png

8d9ae647a3664bd6873db521475654ab.png

One thing I particularly appreciated was the voice acting. Every character so far had the exact type of voice I pictured in my head. Kobayashi always sounds tired and monotone, Tooru sounds super cheerful and excited, Fafnir has a dark and edgy tone, and Kanna in particular is exactly how I imagined she would sound: quiet. I can't wait to see her next episode.

I'm a little annoyed at all the "boing" sound going off whenever Tooru's chest movies. Hope it's not too frequent of a thing.

Loved the OP by the way. Can't wait to get the full version.

Also, dragon ass:

Dragonass.gif