Are there any problems to run Visual Novels on Windows 10?

Einheria

First of all welcome and thanks for reading this message, it's my first time here and I don't know if I am doing things right asking this question here, plus my english is quite poor so i apologize for any mistake that I may make now with this post.

I am considering the purchase of a new computer, but now there are lots of PC with win10 preinstalled and I often hear about compatibily issues when it comes to this OS.

Now, I play Visual Novels on my windows 7 since years and I would have been very sad to learn that all of my games and saves might be unplayable if I put them on a computer with win10, so I am here to ask you if it's true that windows 10 might cause me some problems to run Visual Novels. Also, does Applocale still works on W10?

I have VNs like Cannonball, MGQ, Saya No Uta and I play at games like Rondo Duo or Teaching Feeling (even CM3D but that's not really a VN)

It is better to install win7 on the new PC to avoid any problems with VNs or Applocale?

Thanks in advice for reading it all and sorry if I put the question on the wrong section.

Edited by Einheria

I've personally never had a problem with Windows 10 and visual novels. In fact I was able to install Steins;Gate on my Windows 10 computer which I coudn't do on my Windows 8 computer for some reason. Microsoft is generally pretty good about maintaining support for older programs.

1 hour ago, spademan said:

windows 10 is overall better so i would be getting that for a new pc, and if you run into any issues you can just use a virtual box to run the vn,

only vns that ive seen that don't work on windows 10 is duel savior and castle fantasia 2

>93% of commonly-played VNs work without issue if you're aware of the proper workarounds.  Even Duel Savior and Castle Fantasia 2.  Most of the remaining 7% are at least partially functional.

Windows 10 VN Compatibility List

The only VN I've personally come across that doesn't work at all is Gin no Toki no Corona (sequel to Yumina the Ethereal).  That one was a true headache to set up in a virtual machine.

Edited by sanahtlig