Full Hearts (Katawa Shoujo 2) demo finally released

Mugi

Oh god..that second image hurts me on an emotional level. Why did they place him like that..

Also nice copy-pasting the character sprites and blacking them out for the crowd, it's not that difficult to make new ones. Oh well, it's just a demo, pray this isn't like the final version.

No offense, but calling this a spiritual successor to KS would be an insult. I also find it weak people can't come up with their own stuff and instead copy from others. This isn't even "borrowing" or "being inspired by a particular work"; it's blatant copypasting.

Edited by Narcosis

lol. so judgy over trivial matters. If you think this stuff is bad (artistically) then you clearly never bothered reading the original versions of "when they cry" works. And as for it being "copy paste", I'll never understand people that think the only good works are the ones completely original - breaking all tropes and cliches. 'Cause I hate to break it to you, cupcake - but everything is a borrowed idea if you dig deep enough.  Hell, if your looking for originality, the VN scene is def. not the place to look. Except for the odd gem, most generally follow a familiar recipe to one extent or another.

Persoonally I'll keep an open mind until I see the final release. I can't say KS's writing was ever brilliant - but it was engaging - so if it's inspired by, and can manage to get me invested in a similar way, I'll call it a job well done.

Certainly cant be any worse then some of the shit that sells on Steam.

8 hours ago, exaccuss said:

I seriously hope this is going to be edited up before the release.. some of these sentences just don't fit at all or the grammar isn't the best. This is from reading the screenshots.

I din't make a screenshot of the whole game... so yeah some words are cut out. 

2 hours ago, castor212 said:

its one thing to to borrow a familiar recipe, and its another thing to completely use the same premise

hell, from what i see even the synopsis basically only change heart disease to hemophilia.

same premise in vns? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Spoiler

now seriously, you can count the vns that treat the issue of people with disability in a serious way without the use of any magical setting or heroines being angels, semi-gods, witches , or some random bs... with the fingers of one hand... and I think i'm being really generous.

Ok, I read a bit until the novel crashed.

The music or should I say the only song that plays in the background... is bad...really bad and it keeps looping over and over.
There are some jokes here and there, I don't know if they are intentional or not, like in the option menu having the language selection and one of them says "yellow" or when you read your father's letter and in the screen the letter is a death threat written in japanese :unsure: 
It's full of errors, like some images are missing or something or maybe is just bad coding.
The placement of the characters is weird or just bad.
The scene transitions is bad, you are talking and suddenly is pitch black without saying "you walked outside" or something.
The dialogues are interesting, but the introduction to the novel itself feels rushed and poorly done, maybe is not finished or you are not really starting from the beginning of the game, also there are some grammar mistakes, missing words here and there.
The characters... some look good and some a bit bad, but I can get used to them.

Overall it felt like it was made in a week, it needs a lot of work A LOT but I think it has potential sadly it will be compared to katawa shoujo and that's a big shoe they need to fill and right now they are really far away from achieving that, in my opinion it was a mistake to release the novel in this state even if it is a pre-alpha demo.

Edited by Deep Blue

11 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

Ok, I read a bit until the novel crashed.

The music or should I say the only song that plays in the background... is bad...really bad and it keeps looping over and over.
There are some jokes here and there, I don't know if they are intentional or not, like in the option menu having the language selection and one of them says "yellow" or when you read your father's letter and in the screen the letter is a death threat written in japanese :unsure: 
It's full of errors, like some images are missing or something or maybe is just bad coding.
The placement of the characters is weird or just bad.
The scene transitions is bad, you are talking and suddenly is pitch black without saying "you walked outside" or something.
The dialogues are interesting, but the introduction to the novel itself feels rushed and poorly done, maybe is not finished or you are not really starting from the beginning of the game, also there are some grammar mistakes, missing words here and there.
The characters... some look good and some a bit bad, but I can get used to them.

Overall it felt like it was made in a week, it needs a lot of work A LOT but I think it has potential sadly it will be compared to katawa shoujo and that's a big shoe they need to fill and right now they are really far away from achieving that, in my opinion it was a mistake to release the novel in this state even if it is a pre-alpha demo.

Sounds like Taoysm put it together

You're required to have a pair of eyes in the back of your head, too.  I happen to be related to a teacher, so I thought maybe I had an in at the supply store, but no.  Turns out you have to actually be a teacher yourself or they won't even talk to you.  They take 'em out when you retire or change jobs, too.

11 hours ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Is this VN being made by the same people who created Katawa Shojo? Because it looks to me that it could be a shoddy knock-off to cash in on KS's success, considering the state it's in now. The premise is also way too similar to be a coincidence.

The people of Four Leaf Studios (makers of Katawa Shoujo) have pretty much been solid on their stance of never making a sequel, prequel or anything related to Katawa Shoujo in visual novel form, so no, this isn't being made by them.

I just saw the page with every girl's bio, some of them seem cool but others...

Disability: Chronic Migraines
Disability: Partial Blindness, PTSD

Chronic migraines? really? :leecher:ptsd?

I dont want to judge them right now with little to no info but it kinda sounds like bs from the get go :( 

22 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

same premise in vns? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Reveal hidden contents

now seriously, you can count the vns that treat the issue of people with disability in a serious way without the use of any magical setting or heroines being angels, semi-gods, witches , or some random bs... with the fingers of one hand... and I think i'm being really generous.

On 1/3/2017 at 7:31 PM, castor212 said:

what am saying is that theres not enough variation for it to be a same "recipe" so much as blatantly stealing the basic plot

but eh

ntw, i think thread title is kinda misleading