Adventure High [Mind Control] [Transformation] [12/20/16]

HypnoChanger

Hello everyone. I've been working on this game for about two and a half years; and somehow only just now found out about this place. I am rather poorly informed... Anyways, I've managed to get a fair bit beyond the demo stage and have a fair bit of content made. It still has a ways to go before it is finished, but I think I've got a pretty good start on it at least.

Relevant links:

Play Now: http://changermcgame.blogspot.com/p/new-play-now.html

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Changer

Walkthrough: http://changermcgame.blogspot.com/p/adventure-high-walkthrough.html

The plot

Adventure High takes place at a school for would-be adventurers, with the sole mission of training it's students to utilize their unique magical gifts to reclaim lost artifacts and technology from the old world and help make the town a better place to live. You are a first year student at the school, with a gift for Control magic. With this gift, you will develop spells that can be used to help others... or bend them to your will. 

Will you resist temptation to become a true hero, allow yourself a few minor indulgences along the way, or take advantage of your powers to take complete control of everyone around you? 

My main goal with the story is to give a lot of focus to player choice. Growing up, I was always disappointed with games such as Fable that promised a deep and rich system where you can be whatever you want to be, only to limit you to maybe 3-4 meaningful choices throughout the entire story. In this game, not only will you get to make numerous plot-changing decisions, but nearly every scene will allow you to cast the spells you've learned on the person you are speaking to. If you see the spell menu icon appear, it means at least one of the spells you can learn could be used in that scene. And the spell menu icon appears in nearly every scene. 

The Art

When I first began work on the project, I was a horrible artist and had no money to pay for art. That has changed over the last year and more than half of my old art has now been replaced with higher quality artwork from other artists, and I have a goal of replacing the rest of my old art, especially the awful backgrounds, as quickly as possible. Here are some examples of some of the artwork present in the game. 

Artist Credits:

RokuMoku: Avatars

Caveman Doodles: Splash images

Inaneoble: Monster art (Currently Inactive)

NPDGQKa.png

jjTqbvZ.png

Juf2zsa.png

Old Artwork, for comparison:

UPnkBat.png

SK8SXgR.png

Progress

This is a list of what was added in the last version of the game, which was 0.30:

- Updated Images added to make-out scene with Sarah after the first date.
- Variation of Cassandra's Library scene added for her willing slave plotline.
- Jane's library scene added.
- 2 scenes added to Jane Tamed plot.
- You can now command Molly to give you shop items for free (Note, will cause her to get fired if abused)
- New shop interface with Derrick if Molly was fired.
- 1 new scene added for Molly being fired.
- 1 new Caveman Doodles image added to Bimbofication Ending.
- Molly's personality change sequences added. (Avatar only changes for Classic art for now)
- 1 new scene for Erin added
- 1 new area added

Final Thoughts

So, while I have been working on this game a long time, this is still my first project of this scope. So, I'm sure there are numerous things I probably need to be made aware of, or fix. Any advice, or feedback would be appreciated, as I want to make this game be as good as I can possibly make it. 

Yeah, no good moment to link to it came up during the chat on Discord; for the most part we were talking about VN terminology and where to get advice and not in detail about the game it's self. xD Or at least, if I was expected to link to it I totally missed the signs. I can be awkward...

1 minute ago, HypnoChanger said:

Yeah, no good moment to link to it came up during the chat on Discord; for the most part we were talking about VN terminology and where to get advice and not in detail about the game it's self. xD Or at least, if I was expected to link to it I totally missed the signs. I can be awkward...

To be honest, we didn't even ask you about it, we wasted so much talk on those web comics :D I did want to ask you but the conversation went to other direction so I forgot about asking xD

39 minutes ago, HypnoChanger said:

Yeah, that too. xD Well, you can see the game now at least. I'm hoping I've got a decent start with what I've got so far, though some of the artwork still in need of replacing is really, really bad. 

You might not get a response you were looking for here on Fuwa, usually threads like these just die out fast, most ot the VN fans here aren't interested in that type of VNs, you have better chances on ulmf and several other places but here it's a little bit harder if your VN doesn't really stand out.

Any chance you could PM me which places are best for getting feedback on this type of VN? xD My google fu is pretty weak it seems like. Most of my google search results for VN communities has given me ton of results related to Vietnam, a "Veterinary nursing community" and like, one reddit thread about VNs. 

12 hours ago, HypnoChanger said:

Any chance you could PM me which places are best for getting feedback on this type of VN? xD My google fu is pretty weak it seems like. Most of my google search results for VN communities has given me ton of results related to Vietnam, a "Veterinary nursing community" and like, one reddit thread about VNs. 

Hmmm ... It seems that I cannot find them either now :( I am fairly sure I did see some adult games community forums sometimes in the past but I can't find them right now ... I usually don't visit them often because I am not interested in those types of games that often so I can't remember the names of the sites where I saw these communities. I know ulmf only but I am fairly sure there are more of these communites. Sorry, if I remember or stumble upon them I will let you know. You might want to try crawling through Reddit, somebody must know there for sure. Try looking for adult games groups, something's bound to come out at one point.

21 minutes ago, HypnoChanger said:

Well, at least it's not just a case of me failing super hard. xD Wonder if the sites you are thinking of closed down or something... Hope not xD

Well, it was over a year ago so I am not sure but I don't see a reason why they would be closed right now. Except pirate sites maybe, all other should be okay right now ... Adult-related forums are your best bet right now.