your best and worst vn of 2016

mitchhamilton

well with the new year coming to a close for my side of the world, i was wondering what was your guyss best vn of the year and what was your worst? lets try to restrict this list to only vns that came out this year, not ones we've played.

my best would have to go to Kyonyuu Fantasy.

im actually kind of shocked by this. this vn isnt my vn of the year because i think it stands out above all other vns this year but its my favorite of the year because its the only one ive read that had a compelling story. :marie: this is really frightening to me since i really didnt expect this to be my vn of the year, but with the rules i placed on this thread, it is. i need to read more in the coming year and get caught up on my evil backlog.

my worst would have to be natsu no kusari.

all fault lies on me for this one since i knew exactly what i was getting in. i didnt get far in this vn before uninstalling it from my pc. i only got it because clock up had made it. its pretty much about a young man who has kidnapped some girl and he rapes her in his basement. yup, knew that before going in but i love clock up so i gave it a shot.

welp, those are mine, what are yours? :mare:

It's too early to say which is my favorite of the year (as I haven't finished VN of the Month for December or gone through the full review process I do for the VN of the Year), but the worst one I played this year is fairly easy...

Kimi to Yumemishi

On mobile and I haven't slept this year at all, so there isn't going to be much elaboration. 

Best: The House In Fata Morgana, it's pretty much as close to perfect as I have seen a VN come. It is now my favorite VN. Best OST, art and pacing I have ever seen. Top notch themes, characterization and story to boot. 

Worst: Zero Time Dilemma. Top 10 Anime Betrayals. The reason why Fata Morgana could top Virtue's Last Reward as my favorite VN. 

23 minutes ago, Clephas said:

It's too early to say which is my favorite of the year (as I haven't finished VN of the Month for December or gone through the full review process I do for the VN of the Year), but the worst one I played this year is fairly easy...

Kimi to Yumemishi

ah right of course. never even thought about the vns that came out a little later this year.

Edited by mitchhamilton

Best: The House in Fata Morgana. This is what sold me on non-otome VNs after Higurashi. It's absolutely beautiful, the art was fantastic, the story made me cry and made for one of the best experiences I have with regards to literature. It's one of the most fantastic works I've read and I've read a lot. The music was outstanding and the whole thing was just an incredible ride from start to finish.

Worst: None so far. 

Best VN was Kikokugai, without a doubt.  I love me some chuuni, sci-fi edge-fests.  The atmosphere was amazing, and I plan on re-reading it in the near future to savor the bittersweet madness it left after finishing it.

Worst was HaraPara, but it's not really its fault.  It was meant to be a pretty simple nukige based around a pregnancy fetish, so I didn't exactly imagine it would do anything particularly interesting.  It was decent for what it was, but overall, compared to other, better VNs, it was crap, honestly.

Worst? Easily Koiken Otome, didn't even finish it.

Best? It's a little difficult. Really liked Ace Attorney 6, but let's put it aside as I consider it more a game than a VN. Then a tie between Hatsuyuki Sakura and Root Double I guess.

But if I have to choose ones released in 2016, then Worst is Zero Time Dilemma and Best is AA6.

Though the overall quality of 2016 is similar to 2015, in 2016 we don't have a AAA title in my opinion nor a hyper hyped game.

Best game: Akeiro Kaikitan.

Worst game: Amaekata wa Kanojo Nari ni.

I still need to finish Akiyume Kukuru and Shinsou Noise that have some potential, but for now is that.

i can't really tell the best VN of 2016...but i love these VN' s------Demonbane,Majikoi A-1(due to Benkei),Seinarukana(80% good-20% bad),might have Kyonyuu Fantasy but finished reading it before translation nd i'm way to lazy to download it again nd last but not the least Dracu-Riot (started reading in 2016 with the current patch)........nd don't hv any bad VN cause mainly i read all VN's after knowing of it's review....other than that some nukige does disgusted me...nd yeah Happy New Year to u all....all hail to our 'VN'-SAMA....LONG LIVE OUR VN WITH IT'S DARKNESS AND LIGHT...