Kimanor

Any interest in translating from Spanish to English?

So I know a good bit of Spanish now, and I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in "Supreme Candy" being translated into English using the Spanish translation currently available. I'm not making any promises, I just want to know if anyone would be interested as I might consider doing it as a side project sometime in the future. (oh yeah, haven't been here in years, no idea where this post goes :p)

I'd avoid reading such a translation. Translations of translations always lose a lot of accuracy and nuance in that process. If you don't know Japanese and are translating from Spanish, it will become impossible to tell what the original intent was behind the lines. And if the translation is low quality like you're stating, that's all the more reason to avoid doing it.

Yes, it seems the general opinion of people has remained the same. Regardless, I might do this more for my sake than others. I might have been too humble with how my Spanish is. I'm sure it can be read fine, with the essence of the story coming through, however, there will always be minor details missing (probably Japanese jokes or expressions translated into their Spanish equivalents). 

Eh, either way, someone's bound to read it.

I would love to read Supreme Candy in English. However, I think that machine translation is not good and it is incomparable to human one. Thus, I prefer the translations made by professionals like translate shark. I have ordered a few translations from them and if they translate Supreme Candy it would be great as they are really good.