New "When They Cry" title will enter development in 2017. Yes, seriously. Someone fucking hold me

Funyarinpa

Translation from Reddit:

"Yesterday, I heard from the personal that there were a lot of Umineko fans at the comiket booth... For seeing that much people cosplaying our characters even in the middle of the winter, I would like to thank you. The development for the next game from the "when they cry" series is scheduled to start in 2017. It is expected that this game will be completely different compared to "Higurashi" and "Umineko". I wish you a happy new year."

This is real. This is happening. WTC5 is happening.

Oh shit. Someone hold me. It has been years. Oh shit. O H S H I T. O H. S H I T.

The hype is real.

2 hours ago, Palas said:

Hey Funya remember what happened last time you were hyped about a future installment of a series you like after years without any news?

C09QbzpXgAE5MER.jpg

I don't get the joke, but I get it is a joke

It would be perfect if MG would work with Ryukishi this time and aim to release it both in English and Japanese at the same time :/

37 minutes ago, Silvz said:

I don't get the joke, but I get it is a joke

It would be perfect if MG would work with Ryukishi this time and aim to release it both in English and Japanese at the same time :/

Captain obvious : the OP hyped a game called Zero time dilemna, it turned out to be shit. 

7 hours ago, Valmore said:

I have not read any of these. Should I? Please submit, in essay form, why I should read these. :Chocola:

Speaking for Umineko (haven't read the latter half of Higurashi since I'm waiting for the retranslation): It has one of the most varied (150+ tracks!) but consistently amazing soundtracks in the genre, its characters are wonderfully fleshed out, and the whole thing is one hell of a roller coaster (it makes you feel everything from peace to solitude to confusion to terror) overall, the story has layers upon layers of themes and possible interpretation, and you have some top-notch mysteries in it to boot. It just excels at everything it does. 

6 hours ago, Silvz said:

Thanks! Funny fact: I also hyped ZTD a lot and it was really a shit.

Jesus, Funya, you should probably hype things like Sakura games instead.

Pls

6 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Knowing Funya, if he does that, Sakura games will turn out just great. 

Why? PLS

5 hours ago, solidbatman said:

I'd be out of the job if he did that 

Pls