Question about 18+ Grisaia no Meikyuu

Martic

1 hour ago, castor212 said:

i honestly dont really remember Kajitsu but

Reveal hidden contents

were Yuuji also incapable of killing back then...?

I didnt remember anything like that.

Spoiler

Yuuji is perfectly capable of murderrrrrrr by Kajitsu. He's still not a fan of it, though.

Where did you see that Yuuji is incapable of killing?

2 hours ago, castor212 said:

Meikyuu, in the last scene of the Capri something2 chapter

yeah, that confuses me too. Seems he doesnt exactly have problem with it in Kajitsu but in Meikyuu he said he flat out cant

weird

Spoiler

I'm not sure where exactly that is.

For most of his past Yuuji despised killing and attempted to avoid doing so where possible. In fact, a great deal of it had him entirely unable to do so.
By Kajitsu he grew capable of doing it so long as he didn't think about it or wasn't particularly emotional.

So... What part exactly are you talking about? The beginning of the main route, the end, the middle? Most of it is set in the past, so it's natural he doesn't like it.

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:
  Hide contents

I'm not sure where exactly that is.

For most of his past Yuuji despised killing and attempted to avoid doing so where possible. In fact, a great deal of it had him entirely unable to do so.
By Kajitsu he grew capable of doing it so long as he didn't think about it or wasn't particularly emotional.

So... What part exactly are you talking about? The beginning of the main route, the end, the middle? Most of it is set in the past, so it's natural he doesn't like it.

Spoilers for the end of Meikyuu/Labyrinth in addition to Kajitsu/Fruit:

Spoiler

Yuuji is portrayed as "incapable" of killing in both Kajitsu and Meikyuu. The part Castor is referencing is the very end of the grand route that takes place in the present. He was supposed to kill Heath Oslo and couldn't do it, which lead to his capture. 

References to Yuuji's inability to kill are made multiple times during Kajitsu. JB refers to it as a seal placed by Asako, or something along those lines. Only Asako can tell Yuuji when to kill, and she's dead. This means that in order to break the seal, Yuuji needs to be under truly extraordinary circumstances. This was an issue of concern for his agency during the Makina and Yumiko routes, they worried over whether or not Yuuji's seal was still in tact. Because if it was ever broken, the body count could go through the roof. The only time Yuuji ever kills in Kajitsu during a good ending is in Amane's route during a life or death situation (or does he? I can't remember the specifics). In Makina's route, selecting the choice to kill Makina's mother has him kill her only through great inner turmoil, which causes a severe negative reaction within him. It clearly wasn't "I hate doing this," but "My psyche can't tolerate it." 

Edited by Decay

2 minutes ago, Decay said:
  Hide contents

Yuuji is portrayed as "incapable" of killing in both Kajitsu and Meikyuu. The part Castor is referencing is the very end of the grand route that takes place in the present. He was supposed to kill Heath Oslo and couldn't do it, which lead to his capture. 

References to Yuuji's inability to kill are made multiple times during Kajitsu. JB refers to it as a seal placed by Asako, or something along those lines. Only Asako can tell Yuuji when to kill, and she's dead. This means that in order to break the seal, Yuuji needs to be under truly extraordinary circumstances. This was an issue of concern for his agency during the Makina and Yumiko routes, they worried over whether or not Yuuji's seal was still in tact. Because if it was ever broken, the body count could go through the roof. The only time Yuuji ever kills in Kajitsu during a good ending is in Amane's route during a life or death situation (or does he? I can't remember the specifics). In Makina's route, selecting the choice to kill Makina's mother has him kill her only through great inner turmoil, which causes a severe negative reaction within him. It clearly wasn't "I hate doing this," but "My psyche can't tolerate it." 

Hmm...
I suppose that does make sense. I somehow got the impression his average job required killing. In fact, I was fairly convinced.

I didn't read the very end of Meikyuu, so that's probably why I didn't get what he was referring to.

@castor212, read Decay's response. It explains it better than I ever could.

• 2 weeks later...