Rance 5D and Rance VI

Martic

I agree with both of you Rooke and Kaguya. But I must also say that this dungeon crawler is one hell of a crawler. It keeps me entertained even though I would say this kind of style of game is so outdated. SR is the superior game but that's also a gameplay I grew up with and are more familiar with. 

But what VI is better at I think iare expanding and going in depth of the characters more than SR. That game is more about the conquest. Looking forward to more Rance titles from MG. They are doing good. Also looking forward to if MG and Alicesoft decides to bring other series over too.  

Edited by SilverLi

Loved Rance 6, but dear god was the presence of Patton unfair. It's probably going to be at least half a decade before we get to see him retake his country.

Out of curiosity how much of the end game content have you guys cleared? I have pretty much ignored most of the over powered optional bosses and kinda gave up on trying to defeat 

Spoiler

Albert. 

In regard of Rance VI, you could get red coupon from almost all of the red cloud encounter. Oh, and I think the girls here were the most useful members initial party speaking (Cessna, Prima, Mega.... I mean Moromi) if only you could keep increasing their level cap by Rance 'do something' to them (Their skill set were another matter though). Oh, and Rance was the strongest part although it's probably already known though.

More tips, if you got Moja Doll which increasing accuracy epuip it to Cessna if you want to make her more useful, considering that she had strong attack (No charge time as well) with crappy accuracy. And upgrade Prima healing skill is neccessary in order to remove charge time, because otherwise Sill will outclass her if only Sill healing didn't had charge time. That's all tips thst I could think of.

PS - About my opinion, Rance VI was one of easier dungeon crawling compared to Etrian Oddyssey because there's no limit of how many times you could use skill in battle ie MP. So far it's quite enjoyable although the orb system was quite an annoyance once again though.

Edited by littleshogun

Man, sometimes Rance 6 makes me frustrated. Mostly because Japan is more ready to have games be hard and force you to look up a walkthrough. But there ain't no English walkthrough for Rance 6. How was I supposed to know you could run from that one boss fight? 

Rance is definitely grindy, though. Even if you don't go after all the conversations (and who wouldn't, by the way? Narrative is a big thing in this addition), you'll still need orbs for special moves, story, FR and character upgrades. 

The grind doesn't bother me all that much, though. Sengoku Rance is still far and away better, but that's not saying much since Sengoku Rance is just... so so good. 

So, I started playing Rance 6 and am slowly getting the hang of things.  Really wish there had been a tutorial, the orb system really could use a direct explanation  >.<

Is it possible to get an Eagle Orb early on (I just assembled Green Squad and recruited Cessna, and the most of my party is around level 10)?  I'd like to have Rance learn Capture as soon as possible.  That, and having Gain Skill (Axe Boomerang) always be there is starting to annoy me.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

You can buy an orb with red tickets, the things you get from beating the extra hard fights you can see in the dungeons. It's not a bad idea to get an early orb or two, but it's generally advisable to spend most of your tickets on presents.

Like I said before, there is no need to buy orbs with the limited red tickets.
You can already farm even the seemingly rare eagle orbs in the beginning of the game if you visit the forest area. You can find enough adventure points in the first two sections of the forest to unlock it as a bonus. You should be able to survive the second section when the need for eagle orbs is setting in. Before, you should be able to pay for every eagle orb event with the orbs you can find in treasure chests.

Well, I managed to earn one.  I couldn't get it just through the first and second sections of the forest, however, and ran a suicide mission into the third that almost entirely consisted of protecting Rance so I could use him to run away.  Not quite sure if I was missing a 5 adventure point pickup somewhere or what, but I just couldn't get it without venturing into the third section.

I need to grind more, I got my ass kicked in both the second and third sections  :amane:

Speaking about the forest, I would suggest that at least you better level Rance to 30 or more and of course the rest of the party should be close to it. My party when tried to conquered the north forest were Rance, Shizuka, Sill, Patton, Maria, and Rizna. It's still quite hard though especially when there's 4,000 HP gal monsters that you want to capture. Other than that, I think you could easily handle western part if Rance was around level 20 or so according to my experience. About point grinding, while forest was offer more I'd say that Italia was better choice if only the enemy wad constantly easy.

Hi guys I'm stuck in the public safety HQ in Rance VI. There is this hallway I cannot go down because a random encounter keeps happening. There are switches in the area but I don't know what they are supposed to do; they just cause doors to open and close. Any idea what I need to do here?

Edited by tenryuga

3 hours ago, tenryuga said:

Hi guys I'm stuck in the public safety HQ in Rance VI. There is this hallway I cannot go down because a random encounter keeps happening. There are switches in the area but I don't know what they are supposed to do; they just cause doors to open and close. Any idea what I need to do here?

The solution was easy. Just make sure that you closed all of three corridors there in order to prevent Hanny encounter and annoy Rance as the result. Have fun.

8 hours ago, littleshogun said:

The solution was easy. Just make sure that you closed all of three corridors there in order to prevent Hanny encounter and annoy Rance as the result. Have fun.

Thanks I got through it. Lol don't know why that didn't cross my mind.

21 hours ago, nevalz said:

In Rance VI at  Autumn Forest I got mission Cherry blossom walk when I slide to to fight with the event mob I got force to exit map 

How i can pass this ?

IIRC in that mission you have to only take Sill (with Rance) to your party as it's a "date"

Edited by furleppe

4 hours ago, venitus21 said:

does anyone know how to recruit and fuck magic? im at the part where the calculator cube got unlocked..... also does anyone have the 100% save game file??? tnx

As far as 100% save, there is 100% CG save back at Sagaoz although there's no save game though in case you want a complete save file with good characters there. For Magic, I still didn't got Calculator Cube yet so might I suggest just going along with the story because Magic requirement was story event (At least according to the walkthrough, and I will prove it later).

19 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As far as 100% save, there is 100% CG save back at Sagaoz although there's no save game though in case you want a complete save file with good characters there. For Magic, I still didn't got Calculator Cube yet so might I suggest just going along with the story because Magic requirement was story event (At least according to the walkthrough, and I will prove it later).

hi, can you give me the link for the 100% cg save. i dont mind the chracters just the cg so i can watch it and get some ideas how to get all charcters. also i think im at the final battle part where the calculator cube was unlocked. i still havent found the chizuro yamada event so its one of the reason why i want the 100% cg save. tnx

4 hours ago, venitus21 said:

hi, can you give me the link for the 100% cg save. i dont mind the chracters just the cg so i can watch it and get some ideas how to get all charcters. also i think im at the final battle part where the calculator cube was unlocked. i still havent found the chizuro yamada event so its one of the reason why i want the 100% cg save. tnx

Okay then, and here's the save file for 100% CG. Hope it'll be help.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to edit things like armor in saves for Rance 6?  I derped out and attached crappy armor buns to Rance's A-rank armor before I remembered you can't remove them.  Did that to his A-rank sword as well, but that doesn't matter because of S-rank weapons.

Also, does anyone know a good spot to farm gold?  I blew through a bunch of it making some sorely needed equipment upgrades for most of Green Squad.

12 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Also, does anyone know a good spot to farm gold?  I blew through a bunch of it making some sorely needed equipment upgrades for most of Green Squad.

As for money, maybe this is quite slow and tedious to you. What I did just purchase 2 of all colour sets of key (For total of 1950 iirc), although you could get it from farming 3 Sand Lance by sexing Kimchi (By farming Monkey Orb). After that you could ask Mikan to give you one set of three keys by giving 3 Sand Lance. With six keys gathered (2 of color each), go to Hanny Village and make sure you beat hannies in each house equally. Then go to the unlocked underground and collect all of restocked treasure chests which contain golds (2000 and 3 chests, for total 6000). Oh, and don't forget to collect all available advanture points if possible up to Hanny Village.

PS - If you have it, equip Foe Repellant to make random encounter less irritating.

Edited by littleshogun
Mistook Kimchi for Karma. Too much read/watch Assasination Classroom recently.

Is there any way to get certain items later on (it seems like it's just rng when discovering parts of a map)? I thought I saw someone mention a lottery-esque event to get items you could do later on at base but haven't been able to verify that. Anyone know?

BTW, does anyone know of a decent walkthrough? All of the ones I've found have missing pieces or flat out just stop a chapter or two in.

Edited by Jamessunderland663

1 hour ago, Jamessunderland663 said:

Is there any way to get certain items later on (it seems like it's just rng when discovering parts of a map)? I thought I saw someone mention a lottery-esque event to get items you could do later on at base but haven't been able to verify that. Anyone know?

Yep, there's a Crab/red orb lottery event that requires 3 red orbs.  It seems to mostly give medicine and Viagro (SP restoring item), but I've also gotten stat boosting items from it, too.  I don't remember when it becomes available, though.  You also can't save scum it for better or different items, so don't bother trying.  I think it sets the result before you do the event.

1 minute ago, Zenophilious said:

Yep, there's a Crab/red orb lottery event that requires 3 red orbs.  It seems to mostly give medicine and Viagro (SP restoring item), but I've also gotten state boosting items from it, too.  I don't remember when it becomes available, though.  You also can't save scum it for better or different items, so don't bother trying.  I think it sets the result before you do the event.

Alright, good to know. I was getting worried I might have to start save scumming map % rewards.