Light-hearted otome game (or any vn) for PC

Daydreamer97

Hi! I've recently been reading a lot of darker story-based titles like The House in Fata Morgana, Higurashi, and Umineko so I'm thinking of going back to my "roots", so to speak. By that, I mean otome, since I started reading vns because of otome games I've noticed a lot of cute, fluffy moege titles being popular and getting localized so I'm asking if anyone can recommend otome equivalents, preferably in English and for PC. I don't mind whether or not it's localized or indie evns.

Or, any light-hearted title in general. As long as it's on Steam or for free, since the only way I can really buy VNs is through Steam.

Some titles I've read and enjoyed are Amnesia: Memories and Ozmafia. Thank you in advance!

Edited by Daydreamer97

36 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

I think you should wait for little ms. lonesome.

That game is on top of my wishlist actually. I heard it was good and pretty comedic so I was so excited when it was announced. I've been following Mangagamer's updates but sadly, it seems like it would be a while before it's released.

2 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Good idea. I'll go off and sleep for 6 months straight while I wait.

Such a shame there isn't anything for me to do while I wait, like reading visual novels.

Yeah, you're right. I was convinced it was near completion.

edit: Dandelion maybe?

Edited by WinterfuryZX

The Royal Trap should be no darker than Amnesia: Memories was at times. An otome (mostly) VN with a very nice dosage of Royal politics and cunning and battles of wits.
There's at least one completely light-hearted route, actually. Very nice.

As for light-hearted titles on steam... I can recommend some Yuri, like Highway Blossoms (some relatively light drama at points) and Kindred Spirits on the Roof... These are amazing if you like Yuri.

The thing about light-hearted moege is that most I've read end up not being on steam (yet)... And the ones I did and ended up there are not always light-hearted like the classics CLANNAD, G-Senjou and Grisaia...
The three I just mentioned I'll always always recommend in any circumstance. Regardless, expect some serious drama within and at points.

The only thing I can recommend in good conscience is Princess Evangile, as the drama is never too serious, and it is otherwise a standard moege.
----

It's true that there's been a lot of moege localised recently, but I haven't played most of them yet.

Thanks for your replies! Dandelion looks fun, although it seems to have stats raising and Kindred Spirits on the Roof seems like a good title even though I usually don't play yuri. That might be a good introduction to the genre. I like politics and intrigue so The Royal Trap seems right up my alley. I've actually read G-Senjou no Maou (it was pretty good), while Grisaia remains on my backlog since I bought it on sale and I'm not yet sure when I should read it because of it's length. As for Princess Evangile, it looks cute but it doesn't seem to be quite right for me. It seems to be set in a Catholic all-girls school which is kinda funny since I go to a Catholic co-ed school and am a Catholic myself.

I'm on the fence about Muv-Luv. I'm not too interested in galge and while the mecha thing makes it tempting to get, I'm not yet sure if I should. 

As for Nekopara and KaraKara, probably not. I'm not really a big fan of moege and I usually only tend to play games with heroine routes if they have an interesting story and plot other than the romance.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Edited by Daydreamer97