Da Capo III up for preorder

SilverLi

12 minutes ago, kyrt said:

The game is now out and I've started reading it. That said, however, is it essential to read all of the routes for Da Capo II...I've yet to do the 'sisters and sakura routes for that game (thought I did the sakura route but since I haven't done the sisters routes yet I must not have) and want to know if I should play those before getting too far in Da Capo III. Does anyone know if it matters at all?

Everyone has been saying that it doesn't really matter. The Otome route gives you the most background on the nature of the everlasting tree. The Sakura route isn't actually a route, it's more like a side story that explains what she was up to before and during DC2. 

None of this seems to be required knowledge, DC3 likely explains that stuff decently enough. There was a MangaGamer blog post about Sakura that seems to explain everything you need to know: http://blog.mangagamer.org/2017/01/19/sakura-yoshino/

Edited by Decay

Anyone know if there are any bonus routes/side routes? The five main heroines are Ricca, Himeno, Charles, Sara, and Aoi, right? There was a choice specifically for MIkoto so I'm wondering if there's any meaning to that beyond seeing a short scene featuring her.

Well, looking at this walkthrough, there seems to be.  Not sure what it's about, since I'd have to read thru the walkthrough and I don't wanna do that for a game I haven't read yet.  But there's clearly something marked 'side route'.  And also a True ending.

Edit:  Also, the last section says シナリオ回収  which translates basically to "scenario completion/retrieval".  So there seem to be a bunch of choices that just give you side content.

Edited by Nandemonai

For anybody that played Da Capo III, Would you be so kind as to answer a couple of questions? What introduce to me to Da Capo III was actually the anime. I know the anime was kind of short, so it did not really explain many things. Here are the questions I want to ask. I don't care about spoilers at all. Please spoil all you want.:)

1. From what I'm reading, The Hatsunejima setting is actually a dream of all the characters who are actually "reincarnated" on the island. Their "real"/past selves attend Kazamidori Academy, a secret magic school in London. What does this mean? So everything that was happening in the game was a dream? The entire anime was a dream? And so the real story and characters are in London? I'm just so confused.

2. There were two side characters in the anime that appeared for like one episode. Elizabeth and Gojouin Tomoe. What exactly are their stories?

1 hour ago, Kaito1 said:

For anybody that played Da Capo III, Would you be so kind as to answer a couple of questions? What introduce to me to Da Capo III was actually the anime. I know the anime was kind of short, so it did not really explain many things. Here are the questions I want to ask. I don't care about spoilers at all. Please spoil all you want.:)

Reveal hidden contents

1. From what I'm reading, The Hatsunejima setting is actually a dream of all the characters who are actually "reincarnated" on the island. Their "real"/past selves attend Kazamidori Academy, a secret magic school in London. What does this mean? So everything that was happening in the game was a dream? The entire anime was a dream? And so the real story and characters are in London? I'm just so confused.

2. There were two side characters in the anime that appeared for like one episode. Elizabeth and Gojouin Tomoe. What exactly are their stories?

I put it in the spoiler-thingy, it's not really spoilers but people tend to get their panties in a bunch quite easily.

Spoiler

1. The author started writing one story, then in the middle of writing that story got the idea; "Hey wouldn't it be great if shit was going on in London and there was some magic bullshit that wont really matter to the plot?", and decided to completely say fuck that shit and let's have this shit.

2. Elizabeth's story is that she has mighty fine tits and is the headmaster at the London school, Gojouin Tomoe is just some student council member in the same school.

Edited by atorq

33 minutes ago, atorq said:

I put it in the spoiler-thingy, it's not really spoilers but people tend to get their panties in a bunch quite easily.

1. So then basically everything that happened, like the scene where Ricca falls on top the Protagonist and the characters interacting, never actually happened because it was all a dream?  So is the real plot in Hatsune or in London? This is way different from the anime.

2. According to VNDB, those two characters are in the London chapter. This is different from the anime because in the anime, both Elizabeth and Gojouin Tomoe are there in the the Hatsune setting.

Edited by Kaito1

1. There might be some after story or something similar explaining exactly the deal with what is dreams and what is just stupid shit, but so far it does seem to be the case. Da Capo II at least had some sort of bonus thing that went into the magic of the three or some shit. I don't really remember.

I'm just so confused. The entire anime takes place in the normal setting. Howver, according to the PR of Mangagamer, the bulk of the game takes place in London, covering the past lives of the heroines introduced in the demo/prologue and the story that ultimately leads back to the events of the modern day in the demo. Is this true? Most of the game is in London? But I see so many CGs in the present day. What's going on?

6 minutes ago, Kaito1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm just so confused. The entire anime takes place in the normal setting. Howver, according to the PR of Mangagamer, the bulk of the game takes place in London, covering the past lives of the heroines introduced in the demo/prologue and the story that ultimately leads back to the events of the modern day in the demo. Is this true? Most of the game is in London? But I see so many CGs in the present day. What's going on?

Most is London, yes.

I'm decently into Ricca's route at the moment but was wondering is there a particular best order in which to read the routes in or does it not matter in the slightest. If the later then feel free to list the routes in order of your personal opinion on worst to best. If one route is generally considered better than all the others I generally like to read that last whereas I am sure other people would rather read it first. Any suggested order?

On 1/23/2017 at 6:46 AM, kyrt said:

I'm decently into Ricca's route at the moment but was wondering is there a particular best order in which to read the routes in or does it not matter in the slightest. If the later then feel free to list the routes in order of your personal opinion on worst to best. If one route is generally considered better than all the others I generally like to read that last whereas I am sure other people would rather read it first. Any suggested order?

As for the order, I think it's okay to doing whichever you like it first although I'll try to copy the order from anime adaptation (The episode focused on one heroine). The order according to anime was Charles (Episode 2), Himeno (Episode 4), Sara (Episode 5), and finally Rikka (Episode 6) before going to Aoi's. That's all for the planning here, and I think it's quite easy to enter the route comparing to first Da Capo (At least there's no alarm clock thing which vaguely indicates which heroine scenes you'll see). Oh, and just in case some user or lurker here read this you better read the side story first before entering Weather Vane first, because otherwise you'll thinking that the scenario looks sudden ie no introduction beforehand.

As for the seiyuu here, I think they were doing the job good enough, although I only recognize three names though. The names were Nitta Emi who as we knew voicing Honoka from Love Live (Voicing Rikka), Fujisaki Usa (I knew there's her real name) who voicing Sara and her voice was the one that had quite unique tone (She was also Kamehameha from Eiyuu Senki and Tsukumi Sango from Koi Resort), and Nanjou Yoshino who had voicing some eroge characters there (Mera Azusa from Dracu Riot, Tsukishima Koko from the prequel) who voicing the character that I'd like to ask our Okabe Rintaro for his opinion (Just ignore that he commented on male wearing miko uniform though) below

Just in case you didn't knew what I mean, yes Nanjou voicing a guy here who is quite cute ie trap named Watson.

That's all from mine at this point in regard of Da Capo 3.

Edit (7/1) - Now that I'd read some impression, I think I'll change my order to Sara's first, then Charles's, Rikka's, and finally Himeno's instead of doing anime order because anime order was just based on the prologue and not to the main story, while actually in main story I'd think that Himeno's was had more important role compared to Sara.

Edited by littleshogun

1 hour ago, Deniz said:

Is it okay to just reading the third game?Oce i tried to play DC2 but can't get into it really and dropped.

From what I've read of it so far (just got started with chapter 1) it would be most enjoyable with the previous two having been read first but so far it's done a pretty good job of setting up and explaining the way the Da Capo world works and previous events that have occured so I would say that yes, it can be read as a standalone title.

On 1/24/2017 at 5:24 AM, Deniz said:

Is it okay to just reading the third game?Oce i tried to play DC2 but can't get into it really and dropped.

I think it's okay to play directly there because I think it's charage in the first place meaning there's no heavy plot that required you to read the sequel. Although I guess it could be fun though if you knew the events in the prequel (Da Capo 2), but in the end my suggestion just continue this.

About side stories, there's an option to unlock it directly although beware of spoiler though. My advice here would be just unlock the stories naturally if one want to avoid spoiler. Okay, so there's 5 stories with varied length and content. My comment here would be the first one was very important as it was the real prologue for Da Capo 3 if one treat Weather Vane as common route imo, the 2nd was a little romance with Aoi and quite long (1st and 5th side stories were longer though), 3rd and 4th was very short and just tell the stories of side characters (Tomoe and Elizabeth) respectively and most importantly reveal that Tomoe was a hardcore katana maniac XDDD. The 5th was very important to Da Capo 2 veteran because it was belated epilogue for the prequel itself set back at 12 years before Da Capo 3 event (2060, while for other timeline it was at 1950 -1951 at London and 2072 at Hatsunejima again).

That's all that I could gather here again. Oh, and Suginami was quite interesting that he never change in either at 2060 or 2072, then again he is one of the biggest mystery in Da Capo universe so it's useless to questioning that.

Edited by littleshogun

52 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

By the way, there's some insight from our Mangagamer head Kouryuu in term of Da Capo 3 translation. Maybe it's not too much interesting for some people, but I think it's quite interesting imo.

It's really worth a read. It's hard to believe what personal sacrifices Kouryuu had to make to get this project done. Although he dropped some hints from time to time that this project was demanding a lot from him, I wasn't really aware of the extent of it. I hope the title sells well, because it might also strongly influence MangaGamer's future willingness to take on such a big project again. And I REALLY want to see another Koihime title from them some day, and those are all super long.

Edited by ChaosRaven

8 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

I hope the title sells well, because it might also strongly influence MangaGamer's future willingness to take on such a big project again. And I REALLY want to see another Koihime title from them some day, and those are all super long.

It's currently knocked Rance off the #1 perch.  That's a good sign.  I also want to see huge games from MangaGamer, like more Koihime.  In fact, wanting to play SKM is the main reason I started helping out on the project in the first place.

At the same time, I find it very hard to even think about buying Da Capo 3.  I picked up Da Capo 2 to see if it was better than the steaming hot garbage that was Da Capo 1, but haven't been able to make myself even install it.  I'm certainly not picking up DC3RX until I get decently far into DC2.

6 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

It's currently knocked Rance off the #1 perch.  That's a good sign.  I also want to see huge games from MangaGamer, like more Koihime.  In fact, wanting to play SKM is the main reason I started helping out on the project in the first place.

At the same time, I find it very hard to even think about buying Da Capo 3.  I picked up Da Capo 2 to see if it was better than the steaming hot garbage that was Da Capo 1, but haven't been able to make myself even install it.  I'm certainly not picking up DC3RX until I get decently far into DC2.

Da Capo 2 is ridiculously better than Da Capo 1 and even takes a few interesting concepts from the first games and does them far far better. That said however Da Capo III is currently better than DC2 and DC1 and I didn't even initially care for any of the heroines...they grow on you as does the game as a whole (at least where I currently am in the game). I pre-ordered this game and I'm not upset about it in the least. 

I didn't hate DC1, but I did find it really boring, with a few bad routes. DC2 was miles better. It still had its issues, like that goddamn Koko route, but still, the improvements over the first game were numerous. Better art, more interesting characters (although some people were absolutely obsessed over Kotori in DC1, I wasn't), funnier writing overall, better drama, an insane amount of content where the common route itself branches at multiple points (there is very little repeated content on successive playthroughs), and the list of improvements go on.

That said, DC2 still wasn't actually great. The fact that it improved so much over DC1 and was still somewhere between decent and good kinda shows how mediocre 1 was. DC1 was kind of a joke in how amateurish and sloppy it felt. DC2 is worth playing only to see how they take the same concepts and make a real VN out of them.

And apparently DC3 is quite a bit better than 2? To be honest, the intro sequence I played was a bit of a bore and I don't particularly like any of the characters, hopefully it gets better as Kyrt says.

Edited by Decay

• 1 month later...

Just Finished this and it wasn't that bad. I watched the anime of Da Capo I (up to like Ep.17 or so when the romance comes to play) and then skipped to Da Capo III.
Was a little taken back that this was mostly the events after the anime, but the heroines weren't that bad so I went thru them all (I skipped Himeno's entirely, and a majority of Ricca's since I can't stand them) so it kept me going. I'm trying to get the fandsics now though since those all take place after this one and goes more into what I was expecting/wanting.

Spoiler

Aoi with the tattoos on her was kinda hot

But I really do wish Gojouin Tomoe had her own FULL route. She's awesome. I would play it even if it was all-ages (since I'm currently on my 3rd reading of her short story right now)

Spoiler

oj4CEXl.png

myDwSxG.png

tsW3oZD.png

Edited by MFrost

Yeah, I agree with you that Tomoe should have gotten her own route. Her character was so forward, mischievous and  endearing. I really liked her character design and her expressions too [adorable], especially how they made her hair fan out when she turns around and her 'antennae' twitching around when she talks.

Reading her scenes, i felt curious about her secretive life, i wondered about the possibilities of her route and her past in her clan. I actually think it also added to the intrigue of her character since she doesn't have a route :wahaha:, it makes us wonder without being bound by the confines of the writers structure [still would have preferred a route though, It's okay being confined sometimes :sachi:]. I think if i was reading DaCapo3 without any knowledge of the routes that are available, i'll probably look forward to Ricca and Tomoe the most.

I enjoyed the VN as a whole, it was a long satisfying journey and concluded well enough. I just read Steins Gate before starting on DaCapo, so I was looking for something relaxed, that i could read slowly over a long period of time. I loved Steins, but i got stressed reading it because i kept wanting to move forward with the story as fast as possible since it was so freaking compelling, but i was so short of time!.

Not done with the last 5 side episodes, hope they're good. Also hope that Mangagamer releases the fan-disk sometime too, it'll be nice to revisit Hatsune Jima again. If not, maybe i'll da capo, Da Capo years from now :makina:.

Edited by DharmaFreedom