Da Capo III up for preorder

SilverLi

In case you guys were interested in this game. Da Capo III is finally out of testing and up for preorders at MG. A link to MG's blog and the gamepage with more specific information about the release.

Release is the 20th of January with both an all ages version and adult version. $39.95 for all ages and $44.95 for the adult version.

Edit: Worth mention too is that DC1, 2 and Kotori side stories are 50% off today. Source.

Edited by SilverLi

Try playing the trial, and what I get was quite head banging ie the trial was apparently had some problem after the porting it to unity (Or my laptop problem I couldn't tell yet). Couldn't comment about this for now, but at least I knew that this game were had some history with this community here. Oh, and both of seiyuu for Love Live also voicing characters in this game (Emi Nitta and Nanjou Yoshino aka Nanjolno).

Edited by littleshogun

Well, it's about time they release it. I was waiting quite a long time for it. Although my enthusiasm for it suffered a bit over time to be honest. Hope the title can restore my faith.

It's a bit irritating that Dal Segno's translation is already finished too, although it was just announced this year. Feels a bit like its translation time in months equals Da Capo 3's translation time in years. :yumiko:

9 hours ago, jetpack003 said:

I might consider buying it digitally since I'm scared as hell of importing an 18+ game to my country.

I really wish that they release an all ages version of the disc and send us an 18+ patch for it later on.

Well you can only buy it digitally since it's MangaGamer. There isn't a physical edition available at all. MG is digital-only unless a sufficiently large demand for physical editions for that specific title emerge.

Wow, if they just let Aaeru continue her fan translation in peace, a translation patch would have been released ages ago. I mean, I am part trolling here. But I do think it is pathetic how much more efficient fan translators tend to be. I think it is inexcusable and lazy of Mangagamer to have taken this long.

3 hours ago, Zalor said:

Wow, if they just let Aaeru continue her fan translation in peace, a translation patch would have been released ages ago. I mean, I am part trolling here. But I do think it is pathetic how much more efficient fan translators tend to be. I think it is inexcusable and lazy of Mangagamer to have taken this long.

Can you really call it "efficient" when the fan translation was as poorly done as it was? Quality takes time.

"Fan translators are way more efficient than the publishers!"

*looks at number of fan translations released this year versus official releases*

Oh...

Edited by Decay

37 minutes ago, Zalor said:

I mean, I am part trolling here. But I do think it is pathetic how much more efficient fan translators tend to be. I think it is inexcusable and lazy of Mangagamer to have taken this long.

How many fan-translators just straight up quit before finishing anything? That's hardly efficient. 

14 hours ago, Decay said:

Can you really call it "efficient" when the fan translation was as poorly done as it was? Quality takes time.

"Fan translators are way more efficient than the publishers!"

*looks at number of fan translations released this year versus official releases*

Oh...

Call me cynical, but I don't think translation quality is much of a problem for the likes of Dacapo 3, we aren't talking about Subarashiki Hibi or Dies Irae here. Which brings me to my next point, I agree that I think that officially translated stuff does have much higher potential to be better than fan translated stuff. I am mostly taking a jab at Mangagamer for being such a pathetic company. I expect better from an actual company. The Dies Irae kickstarter is really impressing me since accordingly I will get a translated copy of the game by May 2017. That is really quick considering most VN translations (official or otherwise) take years, and they are aiming to complete this translation in months. That is what I expect from a company sponsored translation, speed + quality. Something Mangagamer has never been able to do. In my first post I didn't exactly intend to praise the quality of fan translations, rather I was shaming Mangagamer for basically being on par with fan translators imo. The Dacapo 3 translation should have been released at least a year or 2 ago. 

3 hours ago, Zalor said:

I am mostly taking a jab at Mangagamer for being such a pathetic company.

I'll ask you a single thing: was DC III, perhaps, the only visual novel you have ever heard of from mangagamer? I almost feel personally offended when someone compares MG to other existing players like Sekai or JAST and then call them pathetic because they are somehow too slow. DC III and Himawari are almost exceptions by now for the modern MG and the latter wasn't even their fault.

3 hours ago, Zalor said:

The Dies Irae kickstarter is really impressing me since accordingly I will get a translated copy of the game by May 2017. That is really quick considering most VN translations (official or otherwise) take years, and they are aiming to complete this translation in months. That is what I expect from a company sponsored translation, speed + quality.

I'm at a loss for words. Do you even understand that Dies translation has started a very long time ago and is nearly complete, the only reason they will release it so soon is because the localization itself has been revealed extremely late in the game.

3 hours ago, Zalor said:

Something Mangagamer has never been able to do.

You know, with how you think that translation begins only after the formal announcement, MG has released Rance even faster than Dies!

TBH, MG has come a long ways from what it used to be like, imo. I admit I was a little butthurt when it DMCA'd the fanlation, as well - but bygones be bygones and all that~

I've developed a strong respect for them in recent years - faaaar beyond what I feel for its competitors. As far as I'm concerned, my subjective opinion is that SP (and its horde of indies) managed to spark - and then overmilk (kill), mainstream interest in the medium. And Jast? well... :sachi:

Edited by Suzu Fanatic
inglush gud, me smash

Nobody should be mad that they DMCA'd the fan-translation. The thing was started for basically the sole purpose of spiting Mangagamer, so should it really come as a surprise that they bit back? 

Also, the person translating it was busy with other duties within the company which is why it took so long. If you're faulting that, you're either saying they should assign other translators to it (they probably don't have the kind of manpower to do that), or try and force him to work faster. Neither of those are good options. 

3 hours ago, novurdim said:

*Snip*

I didn't mean to personally offend you. Anyway, I knew that Conjueror, Garejei and one other person were up to something with Dies Irae. And I think an official announcement was made about the translation during the summer. But I did not know to what degree they progressed in the translation up until now. But honestly, the same argument could be made for DC3. Aaeru had made progress on her fan translation. I honestly don't know what they did with that, but that was available. Even if the translation quality wasn't satisfactory, they could have just edited what she did have which would have made things a bit easier. Although, I don't know if she gave them access to it. She was pretty salty about the whole thing.

Honestly, a part of me is also salty about the whole incident with Aaeru years ago with Mangagamer, and her argument about being able to do things faster seemed to have been proven true in this specific case. I respect Aaeru despite some of her extreme views, and I like Fuwanovel. On the other hand, I don't care for most of the VNs Mangagamer brought over (I like JAST and SekaiProject way more despite their faults), so my loyalties lie with Aaeru around this controversy. Although, some of that probably also has to do with nostalgia for Fuwanovel back in 2013. Anyway, if I've offended people I do apologize. Unless you work with Mangagamer, to which I really don't care for this specific company.   

No offense, Zalor, but it's kind of silly to be mad at MangaGamer for torpedoing Aaeru's fanTL project.  She was intending to package it with a torrent of the game itself, IIRC, so yeah, not exactly in the grey area of the law.  Pretty much all fan translators ask that you buy a copy of the VN, and explicitly state that they don't support packaging their TL with a torrented copy, to make it less likely that they'll be slapped with a C&D.  MG was well within their rights to send her an C&D, and I don't fault them for it.  I'd much prefer an officially localized release with a proper translation and editing job over a subpar fan TL patch that gets released sooner, anyway.

Besides, she was poking the bear.  Why on Earth would she try to translate a sequel to a series that MangaGamer had the rights to?  Everyone thought the guys trying to translate ImoPara 2 were crazy for the same reason.  There was no chance that MG wasn't going to release it.

MG's business policies aside, I'm just super excited for this and can't wait for January 20th to come. The first Da Capo was in my opinion the very definition of average, but 2 quickly became one of my favorites. And I've heard that this is even better so I can't help but be super hyped for a chance to finally get to play it.

I bought this and Rance on a whim the other day after what I can only assume was a holiday high (excitement) after seeing one was released and one was coming soon. I was hoping Da Capo III would release by the end of 2016 but was sad when it didn't but it got pretty damn close so all's good. I was not expecting it that early in 2017. I am excited for it and I have to agree with what people have been saying. Mangagamer has come a long long way from when it first entered the market. Hell it's essentially the main visual novel company of choice these days since they release games uncensored/uncut/at a decent speed/no drm/quality and quick, and generally seem to know how to sell to the consumer and what we as consumers actually want. They also have found a means to appeal to the story oriented fan and the fap fan. Hopefully this game actually ends up being decent. 

• 4 weeks later...

The game is now out and I've started reading it. That said, however, is it essential to read all of the routes for Da Capo II...I've yet to do the 'sisters and sakura routes for that game (thought I did the sakura route but since I haven't done the sisters routes yet I must not have) and want to know if I should play those before getting too far in Da Capo III. Does anyone know if it matters at all?