Everlasting Cold [dark fantasy][psychological][patreon]

ShadowScaleFTL

A few words before this post. Its a cope from our patreon. So as for now as "Rebuild" version we don't have a demo but anyway you can support us and allow move forward more quick.

https://www.patreon.com/EverlastingCold

So for now it's a few words about out team, project, idea, destiny and futute.

+ Some current music and graphic for habituation. Lately im going translate more info about synopsis, about our heroes and ongoing news about project.

Hi! I’m the head writer and author of the idea  of Everlasting Cold. I'll tell you more about our project and explain some of details in this post. Also it should be noticed that English is not our team's native language, so this text right bellow can be a little rough.

About our story.

One of the main target for story – "globalising" from the start to the end. So it starts with simple idea – protagonist gets to a student base placed far away from civilisation.
And this base is not from our world. It looks positive and kind, and it seems nothing bad will happen here. That's not the worst place to spend your last days of life…

…Last days? Yes – this place is going to die. And all who lives here too. Can you change it? Can you stop it? Or you just want to take a rest before death?

More strange things will happen then. More new characters will be involved to the story. It starts with just one hero but will grow and grow. It transforms into game about this world. Then – many worlds like this place but not only one parallel world system.

Right now we have more then 10 characters in our story and 5 chapters that contains around 160 000 words. Story includes 3 big parts. First one is now complete. There is about 15 hours of gemeplay. Our objective time – ~60 hours. And if we will have enough support we can extend our universe for more chapters and side-chapters about LORE, characters or just interesting filler stories in it.

Which genre is it?

It is a complex story, so it consist of a lot of different things, Sometime it goes more psychologic thriller, sometime more like detective. also it contains a lot of philosophy about life in society, some magic, things bring us to fights, violence, sex, MORE MAGIC AND BATTLES and more philosophy. It's really hard to explain a genre of Everlasting Cold. It’s a complex composition of many things I want to see in one story.

What is the main problem for us?

Before I answer this question, I have to explain one important thing about this project. It’s a long story, but it will help you to
understand our present situation.

I started this novel at 27'th January of 2015. And started with simple idea whith a story about a man, who tired of world he lives in and can’t find place for himself. And those days I was alone without resources and experience in making novels. But the idea looked interesting.

So I made one of the most decision – take some graphics from another project to design the novel. So as my goal was to create interesting story and show it to people. It doesn't looks bad. I never wanted to make it commercial or so, just tried to find more audience to read it.
You can say it's bad idea or not, so it is a really long discussion, but that was the start.

Soon after that some people read the story and enjoy it. Some was inspired of idea and joined to team that started to grow. Arts, music and technical parts came to the project after that. And it goes bigger. We tried to work enthusiastic. But it's not so efficient.

So in fact it is some sort of modification (but almost nothing similar with novel I took resources from).

At 11.17.2016 we finished 1st part of story. And for now it’s bigger and way more complex then novel I took resources from. And we come to the conclusion “we can't move forward as a mod. We must to transform it to a full and independent novel”.

But major problem is just like at start – we don't have enough good artists who can draw a lot of backgrounds, arts, sprites to make it looks at almost professional level (I don’t think a good idea would be making average graphic content. Because it's a face of whole project, that's how it looks, how it feels. It's really important).

So now we are looking for artist who can help us. And looking for support to hire good artist.

But! Novels in our region are almost dead. #Minimal demand, poor audience, (that’s why it's almost impossible to make non-pop novels here. Forgot to say – we are from Russia).

And the only way to continue working on this big project is to translate it into English.

How it will looks as independent project?

It will be not just simple change of some resources. For now I call it like “Rebuild” version.

As I said – I start it with small idea and then team. In those days I didn’t know how big it will be. Opening chapters are not as good, as I want to. And it's not for wide audience – some things might take big attention to details.

So we are working on complete rewriting of opening chapters. Add new characters in it, solve some misc LORE differences with later chapters, #improve some character's identity, totally build our own setting. That's a lot of work for now.

Characters which was taken from that novel will be redesign completely and redrawn. As all backgrounds. So as “Rebuild” version it would looks a lot different as it looks now.

What is our main goal for now?

Finish 1st chapter and make it readable and playable again in Russian and English languages. We need to hire a high quality translator for this. Text have to look perfect (not like this post :D).

So any support can help us to speed up this process. This is because I spend a lot of time trying to find somebody, who can help us and spend thousands of hours to discuss it and it's not really helps a lot. So if I can focus on scenario and we will not have problems with graphics, we can release it faster then current development speed.

Just a quick answers at the end. 

Will it be free?
Yes, it will be completly free all time.

How it will releasing?
We are going to expanding story chapter by chapter as soon as it possible.

We had big plans for on going chapter, but was stoped becouse of this situation. So we go forward after rebuilding current material.

Here is our current main menu [youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1RO24UdRVQ[/youtube]

Some arts

0dVYcVrl.jpg
EFQqvnHl.jpg
XBIsVUTl.jpg
HddOCvhl.jpg
gyUyjwUl.jpg

And some music you can listen on soundcloud page, which we create recently

support us: https://www.patreon.com/EverlastingCold

Edited by ShadowScaleFTL