Repack .hg3 to .int

l0li

Hello,

I'm working on something that requires me to edit a game made with CatSystem2. I can extract the images with exkifinit but apparently this tool can not pack them back to int. Is there a software for that already? I don't know anything about C++ so I can't create a "reverse version" of exkifint.

Thank you in advance for your Reply

1 hour ago, Narcosis said:

Tinkering with Himawari, I presume? :makina:

How did you know?
But yes, I try to make a patch to use the old artwork with the new version. I saw some threads on other sites of people who prefer the original and I am like that too. But before I start working on it I want to know if it's even possible. If not I put the english text in the old version. It doesn't have voices but I know KiriKiri and its XP3 format already from working with Monobeno.

15 hours ago, l0li said:

How did you know?

Himawari uses CatSystem2 as it's engine.

I doubt it's possible to actually make such a patch in a feasible way. The original and reneval versions differ too much, it's not a matter of simply replacing and/or swapping assets. The original had art in 5:4 aspect ratio, while the reneval version uses completely redrawn 16:9 graphics; there are major differences within the UI and more over, the script files are almost completely different. To make things short - you shouldn't use the doujin version as a base, it's outdated.

4 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Himawari uses CatSystem2 as it's engine.

I doubt it's possible to actually make such a patch in a feasible way. The original and reneval versions differ too much, it's not a matter of simply replacing and/or swapping assets. The original had art in 5:4 aspect ratio, while the reneval version uses completely redrawn 16:9 graphics; there are major differences within the UI and more over, the script files are almost completely different. To make things short - you shouldn't use the doujin version as a base, it's outdated.

I could resize the original images to 725x544 and create an offset in vram.xml to center them. But that would leave ugly black bars at the side. I haven't found the config value that controls the window size yet but that should also be possible...

14 hours ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

i ever work with catsystem2 before (vndb.org/v16862 )
i'll PM u how to repack them...

Thank you, it worked ^^

Just now, l0li said:

I could resize the original images to 725x544 and create an offset in vram.xml to center them. But that would leave ugly black bars at the side. I haven't found the config value that controls the window size yet but that should also be possible...

I don't remember the native resolution of art in the doujin version (either 640x480 or 800x600), but reneval works with 960x544 art assets. You'd basically have to rework and repack the whole game from scratch using CatSystem's engine tool; tinkering with variables and settings from the reneval config files alone won't change anything.

The simplest way would be to change the native resolution at which the game is running to either 4:3 or 5:4 (better) compatible standards (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 etc) and then rework the GUI (should be fairly easy, if you have at least basic PS knowledge as it's very simplistic) to match the changes within the game. To put it short - you'd be appropriately swapping the reneval character sprites and backgrounds with the ones from doujin and adjust the rest of assets to fit the new resolution. Shouldn't take that much time; I presume you're going to spend a lot of it on learning how to use CatSystem's engine tool.

41 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

I don't remember the native resolution of art in the doujin version (either 640x480 or 800x600), but reneval works with 960x544 art assets. You'd basically have to rework and repack the whole game from scratch using CatSystem's engine tool; tinkering with variables and settings from the reneval config files alone won't change anything.

The simplest way would be to change the native resolution at which the game is running to either 4:3 or 5:4 (better) compatible standards (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 etc) and then rework the GUI (should be fairly easy, if you have at least basic PS knowledge as it's very simplistic) to match the changes within the game. To put it short - you'd be appropriately swapping the reneval character sprites and backgrounds with the ones from doujin and adjust the rest of assets to fit the new resolution. Shouldn't take that much time; I presume you're going to spend a lot of it on learning how to use CatSystem's engine tool.

The original version has 800x600 Resolution. I don't plan to change the interface. I just have to find out how to make the window and text box smaller. I'm sure the options for that are somewhere in config.int. But there are almost no comments and the few that exist are in Japanese.