Need help with kirikiri word wrapping

i try to translate karehana, but unfortunately kirikiri doesnt suport word wrap by default...
i tried trick from this website,
https://lv1translator.wordpress.com/2014/05/15/word-wrapping-code-upload/
by copying & modify the code from mainwindow.tjs file, but it seem didnt work...

(PS: this image is just a test)

15443082_1548797021803499_62940095339424

• 1 year later...
On 21/12/2016 at 6:33 AM, Huang Ling Yin said:

problem solved, its just need a trick,
now this thread is closed...

Uhm, sorry for necroposting but could you please share any info on how you fixed your issue? I'm translating an アパタイト game which uses the same engine, and I'm facing the same issue word wrapping wise. Any help would be appreciated...

1 hour ago, きょうすけ said:

Uhm, sorry for necroposting but could you please share any info on how you fixed your issue? I'm translating an アパタイト game which uses the same engine, and I'm facing the same issue word wrapping wise. Any help would be appreciated...

as i said in my comment, its just a "trick"...

just put the force linebreaks code before the cutted line/word, the code is as follow: \n

dont put the code during translation, you'll get tired with editing, so put it on proofreading or at the point you sure you dont make any translation mistake...

9 minutes ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

as i said in my comment, its just a "trick"...

just put the force linebreaks code before the cutted line/word, the code is as follow: \n

dont put the code during translation, you'll get tired with editing, so put it on proofreading or at the point you sure you dont make any translation mistake...

Thanks for replying.

I believe that in order for \n to work I still need to copy the code from mainwindow.tjs, right? Problem is I don't know which .tjs from my game I should edit :/

1 hour ago, きょうすけ said:

Ugh...then  something is going definitely wrong with my game, as instead of the text wrapped, i can see the yen character (instead of the slash) followed by "n"

yes, when running os in japanese locale, backslash will turn in to yen... and um... there must be something wrong, but idk...
i assume the game you're trying to translate is using the old kirikiri engine since the game still using 4:3 screen format? which is why the linebreaks code didnt work...

6 minutes ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

yes, when running os in japanese locale, backslash will turn in to yen... and um... there must be something wrong, but idk...
i assume the game you're trying to translate is using the old kirikiri engine since the game still using 4:3 screen format? which is why the linebreaks code didnt work...

The game is from 2016, which while a bit old, it's not THAT old (probably the 4:3 choice is due to low budget, but I have yet to see any other game from this SH being in 16:9 format...).

As for the old kirikiri engine thing: do you think that the game being made with it IS the reason for the linebreaks code to not work or, is your supposition? I'm not trying to argue, It's a genuine question, as I'm little worried on how to solve this...

1 hour ago, きょうすけ said:

The game is from 2016, which while a bit old, it's not THAT old (probably the 4:3 choice is due to low budget, but I have yet to see any other game from this SH being in 16:9 format...).

As for the old kirikiri engine thing: do you think that the game being made with it IS the reason for the linebreaks code to not work or, is your supposition? I'm not trying to argue, It's a genuine question, as I'm little worried on how to solve this...

hm... i only have 2 kirikiri games which still use .ks format, its your diary and kamimaho, but both of them recognize the linebreaks code.
most company use kirikiri-z for their games now, even they can change the engine code like what akabeisoft did
but since i also have almost-zero knowledge about this, i'm affraid i cant help you any further,
usually i'll wandering around hongfire to see if people encountering the same issue, if you can use chinese try sumisora or snowcity...

2 minutes ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

hm... i only have 2 kirikiri games which still use .ks format, its your diary and kamimaho, but both of them recognize the linebreaks code.
most company use kirikiri-z for their games now, even they can change the engine code like what akabeisoft did
but since i also have almost-zero knowledge about this, i'm affraid i cant help you any further,
usually i'll wandering around hongfire to see if people encountering the same issue, if you can use chinese try sumisora or snowcity...

Unfortunately chinese language is beyond my knowledge (aside italian and english, the other language I'm studying is japanese, so chinese is totally off limits for me), but thanks for trying to help me.