What is Your Most Tragic VN Death?

Forgetful Frank

I asked this question in a Discord channel recently, and I'm just generally curious about other peoples' experiences to a character's death in a visual novel they've played. What was the most tragic death of someone in a VN you've read? What happened and why? What was your initial reaction?

Obviously due to the spoiler-nature of this question, could you please format your answers similar to this example:

VN Name

Spoiler

This VN has the most tragic death for me when Frank died from harem. He knew it was haram yet he still haremed.

:OneTrueRen:

I'm heading to bed now, and I hope to read some interesting deaths (totally not morbid-sounding) and experiences when I wake up. Thanks for reading~ ^_^

If there aren't any replies by the time I wake up in several hours, well... :badnicoman:

I thought this was pretty tragic.

Grisaia no Kajitsu 

Spoiler

That awkward moment whenever Sachi was so happy when she realized she didn't need to kill anybody and then suddenly truck. I was actually realized surprised because I was certain that I had made the right choice but I guess at that point the choices were pretty arbitrary. I definitely didn't expect Sachi to get run over by a truck when she saw Yuuji though. 

It's not that tragic, but I felt bad at GnK when:

Spoiler

Meomel dies just when Michiru's looking for him. Every animal death hits me very deep :rubycry:

At Kara no Shoujo:

Spoiler

Tsuzuriko's death was also pretty tragic to me, I never expected her to be killed that horrible way :notlikemiya: ... and so Toko's death, though that one wasn't as surprising as Tszuriko's.

1 hour ago, Polycentric said:

I thought this was pretty tragic.

Grisaia no Kajitsu 

Reveal hidden contents

That awkward moment whenever Sachi was so happy when she realized she didn't need to kill anybody and then suddenly truck. I was actually realized surprised because I was certain that I had made the right choice but I guess at that point the choices were pretty arbitrary. I definitely didn't expect Sachi to get run over by a truck when she saw Yuuji though. 

I personally thought that was hilarious.

Spoiler

It read like something out of a soap opera.  If it was better written I might have felt sad, but it was too abrupt for me to really feel anything.  It was also way too silly to take seriously when her death mimicked her parents'; IIRC she even asked, "Why?", just like her mom.

Kara no Shoujo by FAR, legit Depression 101 and it's not for the same reasons that other people usually have;

Spoiler

The usual being 'OH NOES, DEY DUN KILLED MAH TSUZURIKO YOSOMIYA TOJIKO'

Nonono, it's all about the 'prequel' main & best energetic heroine from Cartagra, Kazuna, who can and will get ganked in a dead end game over if you fail at the detectives, and it's actually really, really ez to fail at that certain detectives which will lock you into that bad end.

Anyways, ya, one of my favorite heroines getting offed like that was suuuper hard to stomache, i actually thought it was canon but PHEWWW you just have to make sure you detectives good and she'll live and you can move on with the story

Writing the name of the VN would be a spoiler in and of itself. It's a VN dear to my heart, I talk about it a lot and highly advise not to click this.

Spoiler

For the love of god, no.

Spoiler

I said don't! You really wanna know?

Spoiler

Kira*Kira

Spoiler

Kirari, when her drunk and depressed dad burns the house down and she dies in the fire. 

It was an utter gut punch and manifested our character-death-depression by having the protagonist go through the same thing for a bunch of hours as well. The worst part was when the game gave you the slight hope that everything was just a dream/didn't end as badly as it seemed, but they tore that wall down with yet another gut-punch.

Congratz if you spoiled yourself, because you missed out on my favorite thing ever written.

1 hour ago, Zenophilious said:

I personally thought that was hilarious.

Hide contents

It read like something out of a soap opera.  If it was better written I might have felt sad, but it was too abrupt for me to really feel anything.  It was also way too silly to take seriously when her death mimicked her parents'; IIRC she even asked, "Why?", just like her mom.

I admit that I thought it was ridiculous to the point where I found it to be comedic as well since it was so misplaced. I think that it was probably the worst written ending in the VN as a whole. I think tragic here has double meanings.

Edited by Polycentric

1 hour ago, Benji Price said:

It's not that tragic, but I felt bad at GnK when:

Reveal hidden contents

Meomel dies just when Michiru's looking for him. Every animal death hits me very deep :rubycry:

Just wanting to say that you're not alone with that one... it also affected me pretty badly.

For me it'd have to be:

Little Busters!

Spoiler

If there's something capable to tug my strings, it's someone shouting and raging on not wanting to die and desiring to have a normal, happy and LONG life... when he's already dead. I'm looking at you, Brosuke.

Steins;Gate & Steins;Gate 0

Spoiler

Actually Kurisu dying at the hands of Okabe in S;G was more shocking than sad for me... until S;G 0 came and now every time he remembers here is like squeezing my heart (with hot pliers).

1 hour ago, Polycentric said:

I admit that I thought it was ridiculous to the point where I found it to be comedic as well since it was so misplaced. I think that it was probably the worst written ending in the VN as a whole. I think tragic here has double meanings.

Yep, definitely agree that it was the most poorly written ending in the entire VN.  It almost seems like they put all the effort into writing her good end, and just plopped out her bad end just so she'd have one  :wahaha:

You have to be invested in the character, or the VN has to do it in a way where the loss or the process really is something.

Visual novel name: (The ending involves a showdown in space (the title also doesn't end with a vowel), if you haven't seen the novel and care, don't click)

Spoiler

Sousei Kitan

And the person in question is:

Spoiler

Risa

;_; I couldn't believe it... I was totally expecting a full route or at least becoming comrades with her. Fuck fuck fuck.

Edited by Chronopolis

42 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Yep, definitely agree that it was the most poorly written ending in the entire VN.  It almost seems like they put all the effort into writing her good end, and just plopped out her bad end just so she'd have one  :wahaha:

Yumiko's bad ending pls. :makina:

Yeah, the name over the spoiler is in itself a spoiler.

This is the VN's VNDB page

(Spoiler about the death under here)

Spoiler

All the true ends for the ghosts are pretty heartbreaking, but in Matsuri's route when she dissapears in the arms of the MC... ugh, I cried so much. That was so freaking hard to read.

GRrp29r.png

It's just such an emotional scene, because you don't know whether you should be happy due to her being able to leave or sad as fuck, because... well, it's sad as fuck.

Second VN's VNDB page

(Spoiler about the death below)

Spoiler

The end of chapter 1 was just freaking utsuge shit man. All the main characters you have learned to like over the course of the whole chapter just happily walk to their death, leaving the MC and Shougen alone as the only survivors of the raid... I think what made it even worse is that they were all okay with dying except the MC, who's shoes you are in, so you basically just sit there while all your comrades are dying.

LdPoNov.jpg

7 hours ago, Benji Price said:

At Kara no Shoujo:

Reveal hidden contents

Tsuzuriko's death was also pretty tragic to me, I never expected her to be killed that horrible way :notlikemiya: ... and so Toko's death, though that one wasn't as surprising as Tszuriko's.

Definitely this..... (Obviously Kara no Shoujo)... there are many deaths and some are really sad but this one is just heartbreaking for me personally. 

Spoiler

TSUZURIKO WAIIII!!!!!  *runs away sobbing crazily* :kosame:

SKaU6gb.png

Edited by DarkZedge